Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Thu November 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Dev wrote:ur obssessed Verb.

I just want to feel part of the community again

Thu November 30, 2017 5:21 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:ur obssessed Verb.

I just want to feel part of the community again

you'll always be a part of my community

Sat December 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Got a Mighty audio player for my runs. Pretty cool to have my Spotify playlists along for the ride now.

Mon December 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Strava says I'm at 1,634 miles for the year, but there were a bunch of runs missing from the beginning of the year. I'm gonna shoot for 200 for December and call it 2K.

I'm gonna use a paper log and Strava for 2018. Strava is great, but there's something about actually writing down the stats and a few thoughts about each run.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Arizonans are hilarious. I ran at 9 this morning and it was already ~55 degrees. I ran in a singlet and shorts, but the canal was caulk full of runners and cyclists in tights, thick jackets and those wooly headbands that cover the ears.

You'd think they were running in the arctic or something.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Rob from Arizona is the only one you that bothers to give my weak treadmill runs kudos anymore. I hate you all.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Pity likes won't help r2d

Sat December 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Apologies, verb.

One of the recent updates changed some of the buttons at the top of the app and now it's kind of a pain to just view the RM group, so I just get a sea of everything in my "following" feed, including a shitload of ads.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:36 pm

I took 2 weeks off because of travel and illness. So far I've done 16.61 miles on my first week back. If all goes well I should get 22 by end of day tomorrow. Nothing to write home about but I'll take it!

Sat December 09, 2017 8:39 pm

The only thing that can fully restore my spirit would be a dev join and subsequent kudo

Sat December 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Dev won't join. It's beneath him.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:47 pm

I stopped at 4.5 today because I had chipotle yesterday.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:49 pm

run2death wrote:Arizonans are hilarious. I ran at 9 this morning and it was already ~55 degrees. I ran in a singlet and shorts, but the canal was caulk full of runners and cyclists in tights, thick jackets and those wooly headbands that cover the ears.

You'd think they were running in the arctic or something.

Over dressing can make a run in the cold miserable. I only layer if it's below 40 or in strong winds.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:50 pm

run2death wrote:Dev won't join. It's beneath him.

I don't think dev even runs. His references to it are just a board thing.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:52 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I took 2 weeks off because of travel and illness. So far I've done 16.61 miles on my first week back. If all goes well I should get 22 by end of day tomorrow. Nothing to write home about but I'll take it!

We would like it if you joined the Strava group. We need a guy with beautiful hands.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:53 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I took 2 weeks off because of travel and illness. So far I've done 16.61 miles on my first week back. If all goes well I should get 22 by end of day tomorrow. Nothing to write home about but I'll take it!

We would like it if you joined the Strava group. We need a guy with beautiful hands.

Oh, no thank you. But I appreciate the invite.

Sat December 09, 2017 8:53 pm

ugh. ill join soon for your guys sake.

i went out yesterday after work and did my 6.4 in 35 min. I was surprised how slow I was because I felt like I was really moving. it's amazing how hard it is to guage your pace when you dont run with a watch.

Sat December 09, 2017 9:00 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Do you?

Sat December 09, 2017 9:03 pm

It's beneath him.

Sat December 09, 2017 9:29 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Do you?

I really do.
Post a reply