Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Thu August 10, 2017 8:41 pm

EZ run today with the sketch ankle and new shoes.

The Merrells felt pretty solid.

Fri August 11, 2017 3:09 pm

I was taunting this thread about humidity a while back but my god it sucked today. Joke's on me.

Fri August 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Nice run on treadmill this morning.

A fast dude on the TM next to me kept me honest, otherwise I would have slacked more than I did.

Fri August 11, 2017 10:54 pm

I've been pinging back and forth between 5k and 10k runs for the last three weeks or so trying to figure out what to do with my running life.

Fri August 11, 2017 10:55 pm

run2death wrote:Nice run on treadmill this morning.

A fast dude on the TM next to me kept me honest, otherwise I would have slacked more than I did.

I'm like this in hotels. I always think someone will walk by and think I'm a slob so I make sure my form is good and I'm busting it.

Sun August 13, 2017 7:07 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this but those sky blue Nike Zoom Flys are looking pretty enticing. Might try them on at least.

Sun August 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Today's run was a brutal reminder that truly minimal shoes are a bad idea on a technical trails.

My feet are a bruised and bloody mess. I'll spare you guys the photos this time.

Sun August 13, 2017 10:44 pm

How minimal are we talking about

Sun August 13, 2017 10:45 pm

run2death wrote:Today's run was a brutal reminder that truly minimal shoes are a bad idea on a technical trails.

My feet are a bruised and bloody mess. I'll spare you guys the photos this time.

Your mile pace said it all

Sun August 13, 2017 10:45 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this but those sky blue Nike Zoom Flys are looking pretty enticing. Might try them on at least.

Are those the Nikes that have a ~90 return of energy?

I'm fairly tempted to buy those for half marathon training.

Sun August 13, 2017 10:52 pm

I ran with my phone tucked in this today and it made a huge difference in my mental game. The phone fits snug, I'm not tempting to look at it, and I can barely feel it on my hip.

Not my best run on the track, but I'm finally getting back to some old numbers from when I was younger and sprier.

Sun August 13, 2017 10:54 pm

theplatypus wrote:How minimal are we talking about

Merrell Vapor Glove 2.

They essentially just have a Vibram sole. They're fine for my typical canal run.

And they'd be OK for some trails, but the desert trails around here are generally rocky and technical AF.

Mon August 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Help me out here, because on my rides to and from work I see a lot of runners: Why are they flapping their arms? Or swiping their arms from side to side? Is it a stride thing? or form? It just looks odd. When I run I look like I'm dying but my arms are doing a back and forth/front to back motion, not side to side or some weird x-form like wolverine.

Mon August 14, 2017 4:31 pm

They just have shitty form. Arm motion should be front to back.

In general, if your stride/form is side to side or "hippy" you're wasting a lot of energy.

Mon August 14, 2017 4:45 pm

OK. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong seeing so many people do it that way.

I mean, one person looks like she's being followed by a swarm of gnats or something her arms fly so wide.

Tue August 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Taking a couple of days off. My feet are still a swollen mess. Cankles!

Spoiler: show

Tue August 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Jesus! That's just from running, not a twist or sprain?

Tue August 15, 2017 4:42 pm

No.

I bashed my ankle on a rock a few days ago, then chewed up my feet even more wearing super-thin shoes on a rocky, technical trail.

Basically, I'm a dumbass.

Tue August 15, 2017 6:10 pm

The last time my foot looked like that I had stepped in a gopher hole wearing Keen sandals and turned it sideways. Can't imagine running on it.

Wed August 16, 2017 1:28 pm

The two weeks leading up to my two consecutive rest days at the end of last week were the best running of my life. The 3 runs since then have felt like complete shit. Lesson learned, I'm never resting for more than a day again.
Post a reply