The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 462  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 4:01 pm 
Gone

guestT wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Just hit 1000 miles for the year. Happy enough with that considering I missed 10 weeks or whatever at the beginning of the year.

Yes!! Very tough times.

PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 4:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

I'm probably not gonna hit 2K miles this year.

I'd have to put in 80 miles a week for the rest of the year and that's probably not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 4:13 pm 
1500 was my goal, and as long as I can maintain 20/week for the rest of the year I should hit it.

PostPosted: Wed November 21, 2018 4:44 pm 
Rank This Poster

Joey, what's it like running in Brooklyn? Do you always run in Prospect Park?

I love a bit of urban running (running in SF is one of my favorite things ever), but I'm thankful for the suburbs and AZ canals.

PostPosted: Wed November 21, 2018 8:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, I always run my neighborhood and Prospect Park unless it's an official race. I've run all 5 boroughs, though.

I hate stopping so I tend to keep to parks and such so I don't keep hitting lights. Mostly, I enjoy running in the city. Bicyclists are the only real rage-inducers.

PostPosted: Thu November 22, 2018 6:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
Yeah, I always run my neighborhood and Prospect Park unless it's an official race. I've run all 5 boroughs, though.

I hate stopping so I tend to keep to parks and such so I don't keep hitting lights. Mostly, I enjoy running in the city. Bicyclists are the only real rage-inducers.

I wish you could experience the joy of chucking a cyclist into a canal.

PostPosted: Thu November 22, 2018 8:07 pm 
Gone

I think it's time to hear a detailed account of this event so I can live vicariously through you r2d

PostPosted: Sat November 24, 2018 12:48 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

durdencommatyler wrote:

Back when I lived in Astoria i would routinely run down to the Queensboro Bridge over into Manhattan and back. In Manhattan I have run in Central Park and it was okay. I did like the Prospect Park portion on the Brooklyn Half. Mostly flat with just that one uphill climb. Of the borough series so far, I have run the Bronx 10 miler, the NYC Half and the Brooklyn Half. I tend to focus on more local races where I am (Westchester) mostly because they are not so packed. The Sleepy Hollow Half and Paine to Pain in New Rochelle are the two toughest races I have run. The Riverdale Y Half in the Bronx follows close behind.

And I say toughest in the most complimentary terms. I love both races and ran Paine to Pain 4x so far and am already signed up for next year.

PostPosted: Sat November 24, 2018 4:25 pm 
Rank This Poster

All shoes at Brooks 50% off right now.

PostPosted: Sat November 24, 2018 4:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

run2death wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I wish you could experience the joy of chucking a cyclist into a canal.

:luv:

I'm not sure I'd survive such pure joy.

PostPosted: Sat November 24, 2018 5:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

liebzz wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Back when I lived in Astoria i would routinely run down to the Queensboro Bridge over into Manhattan and back. In Manhattan I have run in Central Park and it was okay. I did like the Prospect Park portion on the Brooklyn Half. Mostly flat with just that one uphill climb. Of the borough series so far, I have run the Bronx 10 miler, the NYC Half and the Brooklyn Half. I tend to focus on more local races where I am (Westchester) mostly because they are not so packed. The Sleepy Hollow Half and Paine to Pain in New Rochelle are the two toughest races I have run. The Riverdale Y Half in the Bronx follows close behind.

And I say toughest in the most complimentary terms. I love both races and ran Paine to Pain 4x so far and am already signed up for next year.

Oddly enough, my favorite of the Borough series is The Staten Island Half. I goddamn LOVED that race. And when I ran it, the weather was terrible and I was sick. I had the worst head cold and I had to get up at 5 am to catch a train to catch a ferry to walk in the pouring rain and then stand around for over 30 minutes in my corral waiting for the race to start. It was sub 50 degrees out and the rain was cold and coming down hard.

By all accounts it should have been a miserable, awful run. But it's still my favorite. I ran slower than any of the other borough races but just loved the hell out of it. The course is great, the view is amazing, the people were nice, not too crowded. It was just so satisfying and fun. Hopefully, I'll get to run it again when the weather is nice and I'm not sick.

The Queens race is the living worst. The course is terrible and it's always WAY too crowded. It's also always hot as balls and there's no fucking shade anywhere. I hate that race.

PostPosted: Sat November 24, 2018 10:14 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

The Brooklyn Half was also in the rain. I got quite sick after that race. Took way too long to get started, but I still had fun. Some year I will try SI.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 3:01 am 
We did early Xmas with my mom this weekend. She asked me what I wanted and I said "running stuff." She got me 4 Gu's and a can of mace.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 3:04 am 
Gone

guestT wrote:
We did early Xmas with my mom this weekend. She asked me what I wanted and I said "running stuff." She got me 4 Gu's and a can of mace.

Didn't she know Bostons have been on a deep discount?

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 6:24 am 
Gone

I was going to run today been then it snowed 14 inches so I decided to do some strength training in my driveway instead.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 1:14 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

verb_to_trust wrote:
I was going to run today been then it snowed 14 inches so I decided to do some strength training in my driveway instead.

Been there many times.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 2:24 pm 
Rank This Poster

My EZ running feels great right now.

I kinda hate to ruin it by training for a race, but the time has come.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 2:36 pm 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
guestT wrote:

Didn't she know Bostons have been on a deep discount?

DUDE!

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 2:47 pm 
Gone

I just got that exact pair for like 80!

PostPosted: Tue November 27, 2018 5:18 pm 
Based on my one and only result on their site (a fluke win), Ultrasignup projects me to win my 50K next August, about 20 minutes off the course record. :haha:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 462  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports