The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343 ... 463  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Sun September 19, 2021 6:05 pm 
The Master

it's basically flooding around here so i may not be able to run until tuesday or wednesday :(

PostPosted: Sun September 19, 2021 6:16 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Try to get some good stretches in And stay hydrated

PostPosted: Sun September 19, 2021 6:23 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
Try to get some good stretches in And stay hydrated

thanks for the stretching reminder...i was good about it last week, but it completely slipped my mind today

i need to get back to some strength training anyway, so i can work some cardio in between steps

PostPosted: Sun September 19, 2021 7:54 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

bada wrote:
I went for a walk today. We have trails all around my town. Big wide paths for walking, running, biking they go for miles. I went for 12 miles once on a lark I ended up in another town. Anyways today I was walking and I come around a bend and there are like 60 college kids. The UConn girls and boys running teams. I saw a couple other colleges. Everyone was tall, thin, ripped and beautiful. Most of the dudes had no shirts with 6 packs. The girls had on like those bike shorts with the tank top athletic half shirt things. It was like I walked into a model convention. People weren't that good looking when I went to UConn. I felt like Quasimodo walking by them.

don't want this post to go unnoticed.

also, ripped and beautiful is overrated.

PostPosted: Mon September 20, 2021 11:30 pm 
The Master

weather held off so i was able to run, and had my personal best in a non-race 5k…didn’t really feel like I was killing myself either

PostPosted: Tue September 21, 2021 12:22 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Great job

PostPosted: Tue September 21, 2021 12:27 am 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
Great job

thanks, bud...hoping to go thursday next

i think i'm going to hold off on going for more distance right now since my 5k's times are staying more consistently lower...not yet satisfied...

PostPosted: Tue September 21, 2021 4:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
weather held off so i was able to run, and had my personal best in a non-race 5k…didn’t really feel like I was killing myself either

nice

PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 11:31 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

3.47 in 41:26. I pushed through hiccups, snot in my nose and dripping down my throat a little bit, but the weather was nice and cool and this was pretty easy overall. Definitely making progress.

PostPosted: Sat September 25, 2021 3:49 pm 
The Master

i walked a few times since Monday, but hadn't run...went this morning, and while 10 seconds slower than Monday, I broke 29:00 again...heart rate was pretty high, but i'm turning a corner lately it feels

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 2:11 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Oh man! What a great run today. Did 7 miles on 61 mins. 8:49 pace. Felt great. Felt strong. Didn't push. It was a relaxed and easy run. Seriously this is the first run in two years where I've felt like myself.

Got home and went ahead and lifted weights for 40 mins after the run because I felt so good.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 4:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Excellent run, Joe. What's your resting regimen these days? Long runs really are the best.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 5:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

washing machine wrote:
Excellent run, Joe. What's your resting regimen these days? Long runs really are the best.

I'm taking today off totally. Typically my schedule is run one day, lift the next, for five of seven days a week. But I have to adjust because of work and weather.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 6:45 pm 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I'm taking today off totally. Typically my schedule is run one day, lift the next, for five of seven days a week. But I have to adjust because of work and weather.

i need to get back in this kind of routine

do you do any leg based work in your strength training?

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 7:20 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I missed my long run today due to some heavy seasonal allergies. Weirdly okay with it, but usually making myself miss a run is tough. Ultimately, regularly scheduled rest is just as good as running for fitness though it's tough to not run when locked in a weekly groove. Good for you taking a day off.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 7:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:

i need to get back in this kind of routine

do you do any leg based work in your strength training?

Yes. Squats and lunges. I also do several complex exercises where I go up on toes.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 7:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

washing machine wrote:
epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I missed my long run today due to some heavy seasonal allergies. Weirdly okay with it, but usually making myself miss a run is tough. Ultimately, regularly scheduled rest is just as good as running for fitness though it's tough to not run when locked in a weekly groove. Good for you taking a day off.

Thanks, man. Sorry your missed your run but it's not the end of the world. I think you did the right thing

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 7:59 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:
epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Thanks, man. Sorry your missed your run but it's not the end of the world. I think you did the right thing

Yeah, same. I've got a race coming but it's not til March. Actual training starts January. I feel like the rest of this year is going to be a challenge not training, if that makes sense? Basically I'm running to build mileage and maintain fitness, so really it's no sweat if I don't hit a certain mileage per week, but it still feels weird not getting 4 runs and/or 20+ miles every week lately.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 8:20 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

washing machine wrote:
epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:
epilogue wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Yeah, same. I've got a race coming but it's not til March. Actual training starts January. I feel like the rest of this year is going to be a challenge not training, if that makes sense? Basically I'm running to build mileage and maintain fitness, so really it's no sweat if I don't hit a certain mileage per week, but it still feels weird not getting 4 runs/20+ every single week lately.

oh man do I feel you here. I'm ready to get back to 4 runs/20+ every week. It's been a long road back to where I'm at.

I also totally understand what you mean about the challenge in not training. That's something I'm terrible at.

Good luck on your upcoming race, though. It's been so long since I've raced. I'm starting to itch for it.

PostPosted: Sun September 26, 2021 10:02 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Thanks Joe. Maybe we'll both run the NYC marathon one year and we can high five at a water station or something.

Lenny, tree -- happy running out there this week to both of you too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343 ... 463  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports