The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 299  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
I'll probably end up with 1220 or so miles for 2020. I lost about 10 weeks with surgery. I want next year to be a big year. Maybe a destination marathon in the fall just for an excuse to travel somewhere?

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:00 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: northwest midwest
verb_to_trust wrote:
I'll probably end up with 1220 or so miles for 2020. I lost about 10 weeks with surgery. I want next year to be a big year. Maybe a destination marathon in the fall just for an excuse to travel somewhere?


Let's do this https://tuscobiawinterultra.com/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
ghost wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I'll probably end up with 1220 or so miles for 2020. I lost about 10 weeks with surgery. I want next year to be a big year. Maybe a destination marathon in the fall just for an excuse to travel somewhere?


Let's do this https://tuscobiawinterultra.com/


Jesus. Even if I wasn't a road runner that sounds miserable. You are supposed to patronize businesses along the way but you can't use their bathroom?

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:16 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: northwest midwest
verb_to_trust wrote:
ghost wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I'll probably end up with 1220 or so miles for 2020. I lost about 10 weeks with surgery. I want next year to be a big year. Maybe a destination marathon in the fall just for an excuse to travel somewhere?


Let's do this https://tuscobiawinterultra.com/


Jesus. Even if I wasn't a road runner that sounds miserable. You are supposed to patronize businesses along the way but you can't use their bathroom?


I think bathrooms are allowed. They have weird rules though. Like you can sit and have a burger and a beer at a bar in the middle of the race, but if you accept food from a friend it's a DQ.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:20 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: northwest midwest
I would never do that race. My friend has attempted it a few times and it sounds horrific.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
Goggins would do it

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:29 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: northwest midwest
verb_to_trust wrote:
Goggins would do it


I would love to see that. The challenges of winter racing would put him way out of his comfort zone. You can't tough your way through frostbite.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
ghost wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Goggins would do it


I would love to see that. The challenges of winter racing would put him way out of his comfort zone. You can't tough your way through frostbite.


The dude was a Seal. He's been cold.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:40 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: northwest midwest
verb_to_trust wrote:
ghost wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Goggins would do it


I would love to see that. The challenges of winter racing would put him way out of his comfort zone. You can't tough your way through frostbite.


The dude was a Seal. He's been cold.




"Pain is just a feeling" until your toes fall off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
Just give it up for the man. Let him be your power animal.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72497
i told myself i was going to run in place in my living room after work today, but here i am

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
I think I might try running naked on my treadmill

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon December 28, 2020 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72497
got back out today after what's felt like months...jogged/walked one mile at 10:20, then walked exclusively around 2.10 miles...came back around and jogged the same road i did the first mile on...there were some small downhills that helped, but somehow i did the whole mile without stopping...no clue how i pulled that off, but i'm happy

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon December 28, 2020 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: Space City
verb_to_trust wrote:
I think I might try running naked on my treadmill

That's one way to take the minimalist running credo to heart, I guess.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon December 28, 2020 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
washing machine wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I think I might try running naked on my treadmill

That's one way to take the minimalist running credo to heart, I guess.


I'd wear shoes. I'm just not sure what the point of soaking a pair of shorts in sweat is in the privacy of my own home.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon December 28, 2020 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18381
Location: Space City
Thanks for that mental image, verb.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon December 28, 2020 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
The only question for me is what job the liner in my running shorts actually performs. Would there be problems running completely uncaged? Who knows

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 30, 2020 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
Ran 5 on the tread then went outside shirtless and shoveled some heart attack snow out of the end of my driveway. I had used the snowblower earlier but the plows always blast a bunch back in. I must have looked like such a badass dripping in sweat in 5' running shorts with pink shoes on.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 30, 2020 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72497
verb_to_trust wrote:
Ran 5 on the tread then went outside shirtless and shoveled some heart attack snow out of the end of my driveway. I had used the snowblower earlier but the plows always blast a bunch back in. I must have looked like such a badass dripping in sweat in 5' running shorts with pink shoes on.

you didn't

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 30, 2020 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 15685
Location: here
he did

_________________
wease wrote:
I had bagels this morning


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 299  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon April 19, 2021 2:56 pm