The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408 ... 463  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:35 pm 
AnalLog

wife and kids are out of town for the weekend. I am going on a monster run tomorrow! Lions Lair Loop. 7 miles and 1400 feet of elevation gain. Taking the Brooks Catamount for their first big one.

I hope I am ready for this....

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Hatfield wrote:
wife and kids are out of town for the weekend. I am going on a monster run tomorrow! Lions Lair Loop. 7 miles and 1400 feet of elevation gain. Taking the Brooks Catamount for their first big one.

I hope I am ready for this....

Super jealous of this. When I went out of town away from the fam for a work conference earlier this year, my main goal was to get as much epic running in as I could manage across some central Texas brush terrain. Wasn't nearly as much as what you're describing but it was heaven. Do you normally run in Brooks? I haven't run in a pair in years, but I've seen a lot of good reviews on their trail line as of late.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The Argonaut wrote:
I came so close yesterday. I did the full 5 kilometers without ever stopping to walk. But it took me 30:30. So, 30 seconds off the goal time. I think if I give it another go this weekend on a flatter route I could do it in under 30.
My legs are basically there. My lungs and heart are close. My mental fortitude is what really needs to catch up at this point

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Describe your mental blocks.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 4:47 pm 
The Master

I've felt like crap most of the week so hadn't gone since Monday. Considering that I tried to do the run long and low to keep heart rate at a low, steady pace. I could barely keep it below 160 without practically walking. My left leg started to feel weird so I got annoyed at stopped at 2.70. I walked .20 and thought if i'm going to hate today I might as well try intervals. I did finish out the mile at around a 10:00 minute pace, running .55 in three intervals. The first two weren't bad, but the last one got me and was the shortest of all.

I'm beginning to dislike running.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:07 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

washing machine wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
I came so close yesterday. I did the full 5 kilometers without ever stopping to walk. But it took me 30:30. So, 30 seconds off the goal time. I think if I give it another go this weekend on a flatter route I could do it in under 30.
My legs are basically there. My lungs and heart are close. My mental fortitude is what really needs to catch up at this point

I know that I'll never be as fast as lenny and it's disheartening

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:19 pm 
The Master

The Argonaut wrote:
washing machine wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

I know that I'll never be as fast as lenny and it's disheartening

I really don't think I could do 5k in 30:30 without walking. And that's on a flat route.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:54 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

my wife and i took the dog for a walk earlier, and when we were about halfway through i had the sensation that i needed to poop, so much that i thought i was going to crap myself. she told me to head back home and don't worry about her and the dog. i walked really fast for about 1/4 mile, and then i thought i'd jog a bit. i started to jog, mostly on my toes rather than heel-to-toe. i jogged all the way back to the house, which was about 3/4 of a mile, and as soon i got to the front door...the sensation to poop immediately had gone away.

i still shouldn't be running, but it felt good knowing i made it that far without stopping. i haven't run in years.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:57 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
my wife and i took the dog for a walk earlier, and when we were about halfway through i had the sensation that i needed to poop, so much that i thought i was going to crap myself. she told me to head back home and don't worry about her and the dog. i walked really fast for about 1/4 mile, and then i thought i'd jog a bit. i started to jog, mostly on my toes rather than heel-to-toe. i jogged all the way back to the house, which was about 3/4 of a mile, and as soon i got to the front door...the sensation to poop immediately had gone away.

i still shouldn't be running, but it felt good knowing i made it that far without stopping. i haven't run in years.

What was your pace?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

We each have our own motivation for running

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:59 pm 
The Master

I’m sick of all you great runners.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Haven't been for a run in over a week. Waiting till I get my new headphones

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:02 pm 

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
dad wrote:

What was your pace?

9:57

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:04 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
dad wrote:

What was your pace?

Ugh

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:04 pm 

dad wrote:
dad wrote:

What was your pace?

Ugh

terrible, right?

even for someone who's close to shitting themselves.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:05 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

What was your pace?

Ugh

terrible, right?

even for someone who's close to shitting themselves.

Not if you walked .25!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

You guys are way more detail oriented about your runs than I will ever be.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:22 am 
The Master

I wish I wouldn't be as much. I'm trying.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:52 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

You are pretty much running the same pace as me now it sounds like

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:54 am 
The Master

Dev wrote:
You are pretty much running the same pace as me now it sounds like

I doubt I can go near as far keeping that same pace though. What's your normal pace for 5k vs say 8 or 10k?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:55 am 
The Master

I have another race at the end of May. After that I'm going to try to change my approach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408 ... 463  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports