The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 462  Next
 Post subject: Re: The running/exercise streak thread
PostPosted: Sat January 04, 2014 7:30 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
--- wrote:
finally, a place for RMers to discuss working out

for real

just foe turned2black, problem solved.

PostPosted: Sat January 04, 2014 8:38 pm 
Poster of the Year

spike wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
--- wrote:
finally, a place for RMers to discuss working out

for real

just foe turned2black, problem solved.

That would be far too drastic a move, content censor.

PostPosted: Sat January 04, 2014 10:31 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

7.5 miles with 1,200 feet in elevation gain in 64 minutes

A weird humid and hazy day. For only the 1,231st time in my running career, I went out too fast, then suffered at the end. Kinda had 60 minutes in the back of my mind, but that went to shit on the backside of the mountain. Just felt awkward on the downs, then started to fade. Could have used a gel. 30/34 split. A shitload of people out hiking, which was great to see. Saw a rattler on the way back to the car. The first one I've seen in a couple of months.

Also, at the saddle there was an evangelical church group praying and speaking in tongues. It was fucking hilarious.

Streak: 7

Note: In a couple of other posts I think I said this has 1,200 feet in elevation change, but that's actually the elevation gain.

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 12:50 am 
The Master

look at how focused he is in this thread. just like when he's running, nothing fazes him.

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 1:06 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
look at how focused he is in this thread. just like when he's running, nothing fazes him.

But... wait... I told Chud to fuck off.

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 3:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Yesterday got in 3.106 on the treadmill, it was about 17 outside so that wasn't happening; plus the snow doesn't exactly help anything either.
Today got in 45 minutes of weightlifting: flat bench/good-mornings/seated curls/decline crunches/overhead tri extensions/side lateral raises.

Going to plan out the week today to keep the workouts expedient and I feel I can use the streak as a motivator for purchasing new equipment and touching up the fitness area of my basement. I will definitely be saving up for a set of cables though, lord do I miss those.

Streak: 2

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 4:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

oasisfan35 wrote:
Yesterday got in 3.106 on the treadmill, it was about 17 outside so that wasn't happening; plus the snow doesn't exactly help anything either.
Today got in 45 minutes of weightlifting: flat bench/good-mornings/seated curls/decline crunches/overhead tri extensions/side lateral raises.

Going to plan out the week today to keep the workouts expedient and I feel I can use the streak as a motivator for purchasing new equipment and touching up the fitness area of my basement. I will definitely be saving up for a set of cables though, lord do I miss those.

Nice work!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a treadmill for our guestroom. I'd really like a True, but they're not really in my price range. So I'll just cheap out and get a $600 to $800 one from Amazon.

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 4:25 pm 
Future Drummer

turned2black wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

Nice work!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a treadmill for our guestroom. I'd really like a True, but they're not really in my price range. So I'll just cheap out and get a $600 to $800 one from Amazon.

Nice. I believe ours was around a grand a few years ago... actually our first co-purchase so probably like eight or nine years ago; still runs like a champ though the Sports Authority we bought it from is long gone. My wife used to row and would really like a rowing machine at some point but those things are a pretty penny as well. Everything in time I suppose.

Also, my wife has tentatively signed on to this streak as well. Just have to work out some logistics seeing as she is getting over being sick but she did log five miles this morning.

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 4:36 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Which ultra is your wife training for?

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2014 5:04 pm 
Future Drummer

turned2black wrote:

http://lakewaramaugultra.com/

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 2:38 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

oasisfan35 wrote:
turned2black wrote:

http://lakewaramaugultra.com/

That's a great one. It has a long history (for ultras anyway) and was the second-largest ultra (behind the JFK 50) in America at one point. Glad to see she's running a classic. Good luck to her.

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:13 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

13.1 miles in 92 minutes

Ugh! Another fade. And this one was pretty spectacular. 43 out. 49 back. And I can't blame a lack of fuel on this one, as I took a gel at the turnaround. Sucked balls.

Streak: 8

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:34 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I've either been running or working out every day since December 17, does that count?

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've either been running or working out every day since December 17, does that count?

Yes. Wanna join?

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 1:47 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ahahaha, so I decided to go for a walk on the small roads in the forest. When I'd walked about 25 minutes, I realised that this road doesn't lead home - and I hate turning around and going back the same way. So I decided that it was a good idea to just simply head out in the real forest and find my way back through it :lol: After a long time, I ended up on someone's private property, and the dude offered to sell me his house. I finally made it back home, a bit later than expected.

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

the day of reckoning for the turned2black account is at hand. gather your torches. tonight, it ends.

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Alex wrote:
the day of reckoning for the turned2black account is at hand. gather your torches. tonight, it ends.

How many of those Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell will you have to order to feed this lynch mob?

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:27 pm 
Rank This Poster

turned2black wrote:
Alex wrote:

How many of those Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell will you have to order to feed this lynch mob?

likely none, because i'm pretty sure whitey mcteeth works at the house of the fourth meal and could likely secure us a free bag of them

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:38 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Alex wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Alex wrote:

likely none, because i'm pretty sure whitey mcteeth works at the house of the fourth meal and could likely secure us a free bag of them

One bag? You must not visit the "RM Photo Album" thread much.

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2014 3:47 pm 
Rank This Poster

turned2black wrote:
Alex wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Alex wrote:

One bag? You must not visit the "RM Photo Album" thread much.

let's rank fats

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 462  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports