Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Fri September 01, 2017 4:19 am

Wait, maybe it happened?

Fri September 01, 2017 4:19 am

Fri September 01, 2017 4:20 am

yeah now everyone is saying it went through

Fri September 01, 2017 4:20 am

Done deal!!!

Fri September 01, 2017 4:21 am

Crazy!

Fri September 01, 2017 6:11 am

The Astros needed that trade. Bigly.

Fri September 01, 2017 6:12 am

Angels making a couple of significant moves too. Justin Upton is having a great year. They picked up Brandon Phillips too. Yanks/Twins need to watch out.

Fri September 01, 2017 11:17 am

The Angels must love trading with the Braves. They've traded 2 horrible high school pitchers and a washed up minor league catcher so far for Andrelton Simmons and Brandon Phillips.

Hey 5 years from now maybe the can trade those low end starters for...a player the quality of Andrelton Simmons while trying to hype the next average local college shortstop.

Every single move has been about money.

Fri September 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:This could've all been avoided had the Tigers not jumped the gun and extended his contract 2 years before they had to. People said they couldn't let the face of the franchise walk. Now they want to trade him. So infuriating.

Hard to complain about the extension now that they managed to trade him for actual, good prospects. That's a great return for the Tigers.

Fri September 01, 2017 1:52 pm

philpritchard wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:This could've all been avoided had the Tigers not jumped the gun and extended his contract 2 years before they had to. People said they couldn't let the face of the franchise walk. Now they want to trade him. So infuriating.

Hard to complain about the extension now that they managed to trade him for actual, good prospects. That's a great return for the Tigers.

Yeah I feel like this is a pretty good deal for both sides.

Fri September 01, 2017 3:19 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
philpritchard wrote:

Yeah I feel like this is a pretty good deal for both sides.

agreed. i posted that out of frustration when people were reporting that verlander nixed the deal.

Fri September 08, 2017 4:51 am

Cleveland kills em' all

Sat September 09, 2017 11:34 pm

I'm still in favor of the National League style of ball (NO DH!) even though it just cost the Brewers their #1 pitcher for the rest of the season... :(

Tue September 12, 2017 6:12 pm

A few tinkers in the start of next season:

Every team opens on March 29. That's the earliest a season has started. It's also on a Thursday. Several teams have the second day of the season open which a Friday off day. Some teams will have Easter Sunday off.
While the season starts a week and half early the last day will be Sept. 30, meaning more off days sprinkled through the schedule

Wed September 13, 2017 3:45 am

Wed September 13, 2017 3:47 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:I'm still in favor of the National League style of ball (NO DH!) even though it just cost the Brewers their #1 pitcher for the rest of the season... :(

I have done a complete 180 on this over the last couple years and now think the AL should get rid of the DH.

Wed September 13, 2017 3:48 pm

numbers wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:I'm still in favor of the National League style of ball (NO DH!) even though it just cost the Brewers their #1 pitcher for the rest of the season... :(

I have done a complete 180 on this over the last couple years and now think the AL should get rid of the DH.

Does this have anything to do with Ortiz retiring?

Wed September 13, 2017 4:15 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:

Does this have anything to do with Ortiz retiring?

No, pace of play, but the idea that Ortiz never exists without a DH gives me pause.

Wed September 13, 2017 4:50 pm

numbers wrote:

just can't wait to see a dead out in the lineup every 2nd or 3rd inning or the masterful workings of the double switch that even the most inept managers (see, dusty baker) can seem to somehow maneuver?

Wed September 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
numbers wrote:

just can't wait to see a dead out in the lineup every 2nd or 3rd inning or the masterful workings of the double switch that even the most inept managers (see, dusty baker) can seem to somehow maneuver?

You haven't watched John Farrell manage under NL rules.
Post a reply