Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Fri January 11, 2013 9:42 pm

I thought Sammy was white now.

Sat January 12, 2013 5:23 am

I seriously thought those were wax figures of Sammy when first glancing at it LOL

Fri January 18, 2013 7:29 pm

HOW, did the Brewers manage 14 players (11 from the 40 man roster) in the WBC? I thought 8 was the max from a teams 40 man? and BOTH Starting Catchers?

I actually dont mind it? as Brauns been saying... spring games by the 2nd week get boring... the WBC is spread out so youre not over worked, and youre playing meaningful games instead of spring games. But they might run out of bodies in a split squad spring game with that many people leaving lol

Fri January 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Why does Sammy Sosa have vampire hair?

Fri January 18, 2013 11:33 pm

numbers wrote:I was at Aaron Sele's major league debut.

woah. so was i!

Sun January 20, 2013 1:20 am

Welp, Stan Musial died.

Sun January 20, 2013 1:20 am

and Earl Weaver

Sun January 20, 2013 4:58 am

off 2 the field of dreams they go... :peace:

Sun January 20, 2013 5:24 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:off 2 the field of dreams they go... :peace:

They've just crossed over into ... the Twilight Zone.

Tue January 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Wed January 23, 2013 1:53 am

lol, remember when people thought they were going to get Garza for Theo?

Wed January 23, 2013 4:05 pm

numbers wrote:lol, remember when people thought they were going to get Garza for Theo?

I'm surprised they didn't at least get something of value for him. Aviles at least had some value, and all the Jays had to give up was an average-at-best manager.

Wed January 23, 2013 5:54 pm

philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:lol, remember when people thought they were going to get Garza for Theo?

I'm surprised they didn't at least get something of value for him. Aviles at least had some value, and all the Jays had to give up was an average-at-best manager.

the Cubs also got the Pearl Jam concert Theo could never get in Boston :twisted:

I may for the first time ever (if i score tix of course) wear a band shirt to a concert of said band... that of course being the PJ20 shirt that has the appearance of a Brewers t-shirt :twisted:

Wed January 23, 2013 6:20 pm

philpritchard wrote:

We had to give up Aviles for Farrell because Farrell was making a lateral move. Theo was getting a promotion and precedent said you just let the guy go at that point. We were lucky to get anything.

Wed January 23, 2013 7:23 pm

The whole idea of trading players for execs or coaches is stupid anyways.

Wed January 23, 2013 7:38 pm

The Argonaut wrote:The whole idea of trading players for execs or coaches is stupid anyways.

what about players getting traded for a bag of balls?

Reno Silver Sox to pull off this deal, but back in 1989 they traded Tom Fortugno to the Milwaukee Brewers organization for a bag of baseballs and $2,500.

or bats?

In May 2008, minor league pitcher John Odom was traded from the Calgary Vipers to the Laredo Broncos for a bag of Prairie Sticks maple bats.

or fish???

In one of the fishiest deals in baseball history, the Pacific Suns shipped Ken Krahenbuhl to the Greensville Bluesmen for 10 pounds of catfish, a player to be named later, and cash.

or himself :shock:

In July 2005, McDonald was sent to the Detroit Tigers for future considerations, after which the Tigers turned around and traded him back to the Jays at the end of the season.

Thu January 24, 2013 1:49 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
philpritchard wrote:

We had to give up Aviles for Farrell because Farrell was making a lateral move. Theo was getting a promotion and precedent said you just let the guy go at that point. We were lucky to get anything.

Good point, I forgot Theo was going into a new role.

MadTIGERmaN wrote:In July 2005, McDonald was sent to the Detroit Tigers for future considerations, after which the Tigers turned around and traded him back to the Jays at the end of the season.

I loved that trade.

Thu January 24, 2013 1:53 am

The Red Sox may have been able to get a serviceable player such as Aviles if they hadnt let Theo walk before consummating the deal. I guess they really had no choice though, it's not like they could have kept him on as GM until February.

Sun January 27, 2013 12:35 am

This is worth watching.

http://deadspin.com/5979272/

Sun January 27, 2013 4:11 pm

I found this pretty entertaining, even if it's from last year.

http://sports.gunaxin.com/game-of-thron ... ses/117196
Post a reply