Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Mon June 20, 2022 9:08 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Man, the pun game in here is like the interest in baseball lately. Awful

You can say that again.

Mon June 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Hail Hail

Help Help

Griffey out of Control

Mon June 20, 2022 9:52 pm

Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

Mon June 20, 2022 11:25 pm

rick honeycuttuphalfdead....

Tue June 21, 2022 12:13 am

Always a sucker for stories like these (Downs was called up for the first time today):

Tue June 21, 2022 3:34 am

Here’s another one … guy is throwing out the first pitch next week at the StL Cardinals game on his dead son’s would be birthday. I haven’t read this article but I saw the piece on Sportscenter last night. Bit of a tear jerker (and a very cool idea).

https://dailyjournalonline.com/news/loc ... 8e462.html

Tue June 21, 2022 3:55 am

Bammer wrote:Here’s another one … guy is throwing out the first pitch next week at the StL Cardinals game on his dead son’s would be birthday. I haven’t read this article but I saw the piece on Sportscenter last night. Bit of a tear jerker (and a very cool idea).

https://dailyjournalonline.com/news/loc ... 8e462.html

now imagine he died on a ventilator

Tue June 21, 2022 4:03 am

#obsessed

Sat June 25, 2022 5:15 am

Jeeeeeebus christ, umpires are missing a lot of ball and strike calls this year.

Fri July 01, 2022 4:35 am

It’s pride night at the M’s game and the number of times the announcer has said “lgbtq+ community” is just insufferable.

Fri July 01, 2022 4:42 am

Julio Rodriguez will go 40/40 this year.

Mon July 04, 2022 1:00 pm

Score this play: Runner attempts to steal third, beats the throw and touches the base, but slides too far and is tagged out after passing 3rd base into foul territory.

Caught stealing?

Stolen base then … baserunning gaffe?

Stole 3rd, caught stealing home?

Mon July 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Bammer wrote:It’s pride night at the M’s game and the number of times the announcer has said “lgbtq+ community” is just insufferable.

That must be so horrible for you.

Mon July 04, 2022 7:26 pm

Bammer wrote:Score this play: Runner attempts to steal third, beats the throw and touches the base, but slides too far and is tagged out after passing 3rd base into foul territory.

Caught stealing?

Caught stealing.

Tue July 05, 2022 1:19 am

philpritchard wrote:
Bammer wrote:It’s pride night at the M’s game and the number of times the announcer has said “lgbtq+ community” is just insufferable.

That must be so horrible for you.

If we could all agree to just pronounce it el jibbity, you’d be less annoyed. I like the way you work it, el jibbity! See?

Wed July 06, 2022 7:18 pm

Norris wrote:
Bammer wrote:Score this play: Runner attempts to steal third, beats the throw and touches the base, but slides too far and is tagged out after passing 3rd base into foul territory.

Caught stealing?

Caught stealing.

Yep. I've always thought it should be ruled a stolen base, though, since the runner did safely make it to the base, even if just for a split second.

Wed July 06, 2022 11:01 pm

Part of stealing is staying on the bag!

Wed July 06, 2022 11:03 pm

Yeah, I thought Bammer's question was schtick. It's a CS.
Post a reply