Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Thu March 04, 2021 4:16 pm

I used a five-year window around his debut using HOF eligibility as a benchmark, but it sort of an arbitrary number--if you go one more year back to 1995, you get Rivera's debut, who doesn't have the WAR but does have a positional dominance that's unmatched, so a case could be made there. However, I just don't think anyone would consider them the same generation, even with how much their careers overlapped--Rivera already had 4 WS wins before Pujols debuted.

Thu March 04, 2021 4:24 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I used a five-year window around his debut using HOF eligibility as a benchmark, but it sort of an arbitrary number--if you go one more year back to 1995, you get Rivera's debut, who doesn't have the WAR but does have a positional dominance that's unmatched, so a case could be made there. However, I just don't think anyone would consider them the same generation, even with how much their careers overlapped--Rivera already had 4 WS wins before Pujols debuted.

even though pujols is probably older than him?

Thu March 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Lou Whitaker has a 75.1 career WAR and still can't sniff the hall. *sigh*

Thu March 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:Lou Whitaker has a 75.1 career WAR and still can't sniff the hall. *sigh*

Trammel is already in right? It seems like the veterans committee would correct this oversight.

Thu March 04, 2021 7:55 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:Lou Whitaker has a 75.1 career WAR and still can't sniff the hall. *sigh*

Did a quick search, and it looks like there are only 4 position player HOFers with a Black Ink score of 1, and I only recognize one of them as a player (Carlton Fisk) and one as a team owner (Charles Comiskey). Tough hill to climb.

Mon March 08, 2021 6:06 pm

Electromatic wrote:

Trammel is already in right? It seems like the veterans committee would correct this oversight.

I have absolutely no confidence in the group that elected Harold Baines coming in and fixing mistakes.

Wed March 10, 2021 1:28 pm

philpritchard wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

I have absolutely no confidence in the group that elected Harold Baines coming in and fixing mistakes.

Ha! Damn good point.

Thu April 01, 2021 5:49 pm

I miss the fox sports music so much!

Thu April 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Toronto is going to mash this year:

Thu April 01, 2021 6:05 pm

i love their former players’ sons narrative...and George Springer

Thu April 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Toronto is going to mash this year:

Dingers are back baby!

Thu April 01, 2021 8:27 pm

so here i am, sitting on my couch in los angeles and i can't watch the dodgers/rockies game..i don't have spectrum and i stream hulu and even though its on espn now its blacked out....eat sh*t MLB or whoever is responsible for this..

Thu April 01, 2021 8:45 pm

lol you suck

Thu April 01, 2021 9:18 pm

doug rr wrote:so here i am, sitting on my couch in los angeles and i can't watch the dodgers/rockies game..i don't have spectrum and i stream hulu and even though its on espn now its blacked out....eat sh*t MLB or whoever is responsible for this..

this is my pain whenever the brewers play the cubs.

it was magnified last season because they played the cubs and white sox A LOT due to covid.

Thu April 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Thu April 01, 2021 10:34 pm

Brew Crew!!!

Thu April 01, 2021 10:48 pm

doug rr wrote:so here i am, sitting on my couch in los angeles and i can't watch the dodgers/rockies game..i don't have spectrum and i stream hulu and even though its on espn now its blacked out....eat sh*t MLB or whoever is responsible for this..

My dad was saying that the Rays game is blacked out in Tampa, even though they're playing in Miami? Absurd.

Thu April 01, 2021 10:52 pm

it sucks...although for the NFL i get weekly charger games where you can maybe spot 3 fans in the crowd while everyone else supports the other team...

Thu April 01, 2021 10:53 pm

MLB tried really hard to push fans away from the game.

Thu April 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Norris wrote:MLB tried really hard to push fans away from the game.

it worked...kids in the neighborhood hate baseball
Post a reply