Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Tue August 11, 2020 8:36 pm

PHATJ wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Bammer wrote:I’ll clarify my statement and partially agree with Argo:

Charging the dugout is stupid. There hasn’t been a legit fight since Nolan Ryan. Most of the guys stand around either pointing fingers or even joking with each other. Lame.

I am talking about throwing at batters. Do it.

Nah, throwing at batters is legit dangerous. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the fake fights because it's unlikely anyone will be hurt and we might get a funny Jomboy video out of it.

i was playing centerfield when we plunked albert "don't call me Joey" belle...that was fun

What now?

in college when he played at LSU

Tue August 11, 2020 8:48 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

No no no it's going to be fun to watch them get eliminated in 2 games instead of 3 in the first round.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

No no no it's going to be fun to watch them get eliminated in 2 games instead of 3 in the first round.

lol you're right what was i thinking

Tue August 11, 2020 8:58 pm

doug rr wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Bammer wrote:I’ll clarify my statement and partially agree with Argo:

Charging the dugout is stupid. There hasn’t been a legit fight since Nolan Ryan. Most of the guys stand around either pointing fingers or even joking with each other. Lame.

I am talking about throwing at batters. Do it.

Nah, throwing at batters is legit dangerous. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the fake fights because it's unlikely anyone will be hurt and we might get a funny Jomboy video out of it.

i was playing centerfield when we plunked albert "don't call me Joey" belle...that was fun

What now?

in college when he played at LSU

:thumbsup:

Tue August 11, 2020 9:04 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

lol you're right what was i thinking

They do hit a lot of home runs, though! Very wow. Much dingers.

Tue August 11, 2020 9:21 pm

I think it would be really awesome if the Astros won this year, MLB’s worst nightmare.

Wed August 12, 2020 4:43 pm

I remember watching this one live, and everyone watching knew Greinke was getting drilled with this pitch. Shockingly ended up being a pretty normal baseball brawl.
I see Eric Hinske in there, I gave up a homer to him in high school :?

Wed August 12, 2020 8:11 pm

numbers wrote:

I think it would be really awesome if the Astros won this year, MLB’s worst nightmare.

Not even the Astros want this

Wed August 12, 2020 8:27 pm

its the rockies year

Wed August 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Oh are they still playing baseball? I haven't noticed since the Cardinals haven't played for like three weeks...

Wed August 12, 2020 11:39 pm

man Soto crushed that HR just now

do you guys think anybody will get to 20-25 HR's in the regular season? i haven't looked at all the stats, but i think Judge has 9 or 10 and i just saw where Trout hit his 8th

Thu August 13, 2020 12:02 am

blueviper wrote:Oh are they still playing baseball? I haven't noticed since the Cardinals haven't played for like three weeks...

You know how to be a statistical leader a player needs a minimum number of starts, or plate appearances, or whatever?

2020 postseason to require minimum number of games played.

M's are in the dance, baby!!

Thu August 13, 2020 1:36 am

this sloppy giants defense is frustrating to watch

Thu August 13, 2020 1:52 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:I remember watching this one live, and everyone watching knew Greinke was getting drilled with this pitch. Shockingly ended up being a pretty normal baseball brawl.
I see Eric Hinske in there, I gave up a homer to him in high school :?

hinske was my good buddy's nemesis in high school

Thu August 13, 2020 2:55 am

Hinske was so good as a rookie and then was pretty bad every year after that.

I mostly just remember the Rays heckler going after him every single game in TB.

Thu August 13, 2020 3:00 am

philpritchard wrote:Hinske was so good as a rookie and then was pretty bad every year after that.

I mostly just remember the Rays heckler going after him every single game in TB.

Ah, the Rays heckler...

Thu August 13, 2020 3:01 am

Mickey wrote:
philpritchard wrote:Hinske was so good as a rookie and then was pretty bad every year after that.

Ah, the Rays heckler...

That’s a great place to heckle because they’ll hear everything

Thu August 13, 2020 3:03 am

It's like permanent home field advantage to the Rays because they always play with zero crowd noise.

Thu August 13, 2020 3:04 am

spike wrote:they should probably ban this tech at rays games though, for authenticity.

quit stealing my material mickey

Thu August 13, 2020 3:06 am

spike wrote:
spike wrote:they should probably ban this tech at rays games though, for authenticity.

quit stealing my material mickey

What the fuck do you know about Tropicana Field bitch
Post a reply