The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617 ... 625  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 8:36 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30605
Location: the beach
PHATJ wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I’ll clarify my statement and partially agree with Argo:

Charging the dugout is stupid. There hasn’t been a legit fight since Nolan Ryan. Most of the guys stand around either pointing fingers or even joking with each other. Lame.

I am talking about throwing at batters. Do it.

Nah, throwing at batters is legit dangerous. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the fake fights because it's unlikely anyone will be hurt and we might get a funny Jomboy video out of it.


i was playing centerfield when we plunked albert "don't call me Joey" belle...that was fun

What now?

in college when he played at LSU


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18314
Location: Cumberland, RI
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

No no no it's going to be fun to watch them get eliminated in 2 games instead of 3 in the first round.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56400
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

No no no it's going to be fun to watch them get eliminated in 2 games instead of 3 in the first round.

lol you're right what was i thinking


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 20337
Location: Gigatown
doug rr wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I’ll clarify my statement and partially agree with Argo:

Charging the dugout is stupid. There hasn’t been a legit fight since Nolan Ryan. Most of the guys stand around either pointing fingers or even joking with each other. Lame.

I am talking about throwing at batters. Do it.

Nah, throwing at batters is legit dangerous. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the fake fights because it's unlikely anyone will be hurt and we might get a funny Jomboy video out of it.


i was playing centerfield when we plunked albert "don't call me Joey" belle...that was fun

What now?

in college when he played at LSU

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18314
Location: Cumberland, RI
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

No no no it's going to be fun to watch them get eliminated in 2 games instead of 3 in the first round.

lol you're right what was i thinking

They do hit a lot of home runs, though! Very wow. Much dingers.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8981
Location: Franklin, MA
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.


I think it would be really awesome if the Astros won this year, MLB’s worst nightmare.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1606
Location: The Jungle
I remember watching this one live, and everyone watching knew Greinke was getting drilled with this pitch. Shockingly ended up being a pretty normal baseball brawl.
I see Eric Hinske in there, I gave up a homer to him in high school :?



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 16076
Location: FM radio
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.


I think it would be really awesome if the Astros won this year, MLB’s worst nightmare.

Not even the Astros want this


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 8:27 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30605
Location: the beach
its the rockies year


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 1495
Oh are they still playing baseball? I haven't noticed since the Cardinals haven't played for like three weeks...

_________________
2010 St. Louis
2004 St. Louis
2003 St. Louis
2000 St. Louis
1998 St. Louis


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 68174
man Soto crushed that HR just now

do you guys think anybody will get to 20-25 HR's in the regular season? i haven't looked at all the stats, but i think Judge has 9 or 10 and i just saw where Trout hit his 8th

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15053
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
blueviper wrote:
Oh are they still playing baseball? I haven't noticed since the Cardinals haven't played for like three weeks...

You know how to be a statistical leader a player needs a minimum number of starts, or plate appearances, or whatever?

2020 postseason to require minimum number of games played.

M's are in the dance, baby!!

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 68174
this sloppy giants defense is frustrating to watch

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 22161
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
I remember watching this one live, and everyone watching knew Greinke was getting drilled with this pitch. Shockingly ended up being a pretty normal baseball brawl.
I see Eric Hinske in there, I gave up a homer to him in high school :?


hinske was my good buddy's nemesis in high school


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 2:55 am 
Online
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 4140
Hinske was so good as a rookie and then was pretty bad every year after that.

I mostly just remember the Rays heckler going after him every single game in TB.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 7036
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
philpritchard wrote:
Hinske was so good as a rookie and then was pretty bad every year after that.

I mostly just remember the Rays heckler going after him every single game in TB.


Ah, the Rays heckler...

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 15053
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Mickey wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
Hinske was so good as a rookie and then was pretty bad every year after that.

I mostly just remember the Rays heckler going after him every single game in TB.


Ah, the Rays heckler...

That’s a great place to heckle because they’ll hear everything

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 7036
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
It's like permanent home field advantage to the Rays because they always play with zero crowd noise.

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 22161
spike wrote:
they should probably ban this tech at rays games though, for authenticity.

quit stealing my material mickey


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu August 13, 2020 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 7036
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
they should probably ban this tech at rays games though, for authenticity.

quit stealing my material mickey

What the fuck do you know about Tropicana Field bitch

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617 ... 625  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4/5 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed October 21, 2020 1:59 pm