Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Tue August 11, 2020 2:59 am

The Argonaut wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:i really hope juan soto and tatis jr. become superstars

Juan Soto is already a superstar to me. He's legit my favorite player right now

well i think some sustainability will be needed ultimately, so i'm going to give it another year or two...but he is indeed fun to watch, as is tatis

Tue August 11, 2020 3:44 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:I like Jomboy's take on it

yeah this was great

This is also 100% why they are using crowd noise this year to mask what players are saying. Imagine hearing those exchanges.

Tue August 11, 2020 4:43 am

Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

yeah this was great

This is also 100% why they are using crowd noise this year to mask what players are saying. Imagine hearing those exchanges.

Cintron, the hitting coach, apparently said something about Laureano's mother. His mother. What the hell? This guy was also apparently heavily involved in the cheating scandal. Fire this idiot

Tue August 11, 2020 1:59 pm

The Argonaut wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

yeah this was great

Cintron, the hitting coach, apparently said something about Laureano's mother. His mother. What the hell? This guy was also apparently heavily involved in the cheating scandal. Fire this idiot

It feels like the Astros are now rubbing it in the other teams' faces that they are protected by the commissioners' office. Until MLB does something to dispel that notion, this stuff is going to continue.

Tue August 11, 2020 2:05 pm

numbers wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

yeah this was great

It feels like the Astros are now rubbing it in the other teams' faces that they are protected by the commissioners' office. Until MLB does something to dispel that notion, this stuff is going to continue.

Well after one week of play the Mariners are already 6 games back (shocking!) and should really be the ones headhunting the Stros. I mean who gives a shit if M’s players get suspended. Too bad the M’s are total pussies and won’t do a damn thing. Meanwhile you got contenders like the A’s and Dodgers manning up. No wonder they are contenders. Strong minded and strong willed.

Tue August 11, 2020 3:22 pm

I don't like players hitting each other with pitches or charging the Astros dugout. That isn't manly to me, it's childish. numbers is right that this was Manfred's job to fix and because he didn't take appropriate action when he had the chance, it is still a problem and it's still Manfred's problem to fix

Tue August 11, 2020 4:05 pm

I’ll clarify my statement and partially agree with Argo:

Charging the dugout is stupid. There hasn’t been a legit fight since Nolan Ryan. Most of the guys stand around either pointing fingers or even joking with each other. Lame.

I am talking about throwing at batters. Do it.

Tue August 11, 2020 4:09 pm

Bammer wrote:I’ll clarify my statement and partially agree with Argo:

Charging the dugout is stupid. There hasn’t been a legit fight since Nolan Ryan. Most of the guys stand around either pointing fingers or even joking with each other. Lame.

Nah, throwing at batters is legit dangerous. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the fake fights because it's unlikely anyone will be hurt and we might get a funny Jomboy video out of it.

Tue August 11, 2020 4:14 pm

The Argonaut wrote:

Nah, throwing at batters is legit dangerous. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the fake fights because it's unlikely anyone will be hurt and we might get a funny Jomboy video out of it.

i was playing centerfield when we plunked albert "don't call me Joey" belle...that was fun

Tue August 11, 2020 4:20 pm

Dude, there have been plenty of legit fights since then.

That Reds-Pirates brawl last year had plenty of legit fighting.

Tue August 11, 2020 5:27 pm

numbers wrote:

that one reds player going in for the kill was crazy

Tue August 11, 2020 6:26 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
numbers wrote:

that one reds player going in for the kill was crazy

It was, the best part of the whole thing was the PA playing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" in the stadium during the brawl.

Tue August 11, 2020 7:52 pm

Pedro Martinez taking down a charging Don Zimmer was a fun one.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:08 pm

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

i was playing centerfield when we plunked albert "don't call me Joey" belle...that was fun

What now?

Tue August 11, 2020 8:16 pm

go twins

Tue August 11, 2020 8:19 pm

I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:21 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

I would think this was really awesome as well. However, we are Minnesota sports.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:22 pm

If you go back and look at the clip where Bautista gets punched hard in the face by Rougned Odor, I'd contend that he got hit so hard because he didn't realize it was a punching fight until too late. He was probably prepared for a normal baseball fight where two guys kind of hug and grab each other until all their teammates show up and there's a big hug and grab party and then it ends. But Odor just punched him in the face and he wasn't expecting it.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I think it would be really awesome if a team like the Twins won this year. Finally put together a strong postseason run in a season that no one considers legitimate.

I would think this was really awesome as well. However, we are Minnesota sports.

Whoever wins this year is a dice roll, honestly.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:24 pm

The Argonaut wrote:If you go back and look at the clip where Bautista gets punched hard in the face by Rougned Odor, I'd contend that he got hit so hard because he didn't realize it was a punching fight until too late. He was probably prepared for a normal baseball fight where two guys kind of hug and grab each other until all their teammates show up and there's a big hug and grab party and then it ends. But Odor just punched him in the face and he wasn't expecting it.

OK yes that was a good one.

How about this ... just let the two guys involved fight like men. Everyone else chill in your dugout. Isn't that what hockey players do?
Post a reply