Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Fri October 19, 2018 2:52 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:From the video we all saw on TV it's clear that without the fans there, Mookie makes that catch. The question becomes, is Mookie leaning into the stands or are the fans leaning into the field? If it's the former, no interference, but if they are indeed leaning into the field of play, it's interference.

Let me introduce you to WBZ's Dan Roche. The most honest sports reporter I know. He loves baseball, and hates hot take sports talk culture. I've never heard this man lie about anything, even when it's convenient. He's in the auxiliary press box with this view, and unequivocally insists the fans were leaning into the field.

I know it's not a picture of the play, but it's a picture of the view. If an honest man with that view says the fans were leaning over, then I'm convinced Joe West got it right.

He had to go into the stands to get the ball, the ball LANDED in the stands in the first row, nothing anyone did on the otherside of the railing prevented him from catching a ball in the field of play. It's no where near as terrible a call as the infield fly that landed in deep left field in 2012, but the ball landed in the first row of seats, for Mookie to catch it at all, he had to be out of the field of play.

Fri October 19, 2018 3:27 pm

It was a 50/50 call. Meh.

Sat October 20, 2018 1:00 am

Probably late to the party on this, but what's the deal with Marlins Guy 2.0 behind home plate?

Sat October 20, 2018 3:16 am

washing machine wrote:Probably late to the party on this, but what's the deal with Marlins Guy 2.0 behind home plate?

Most likely just wanted to sit next to the infamous Front Row Amy

Sat October 20, 2018 3:42 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
washing machine wrote:Probably late to the party on this, but what's the deal with Marlins Guy 2.0 behind home plate?

She's got to be a plant from the network, right?

Sat October 20, 2018 4:21 am

washing machine wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

She's got to be a plant from the network, right?

Shes had those seats for YEARS! Shes at just about every Brewer home game, and keeps her own score book. Hell shes even got a bobble head of her.

https://www.frontrowamy.com/

Sun October 21, 2018 12:52 am

That woman's rack is really distracting.

Sun October 21, 2018 1:07 am

run2death wrote:That woman's rack is really distracting.

Fake Marlins Man has gotta make a move.

Sun October 21, 2018 1:31 am

Chris Sale has a belly button ring? JFC

Sun October 21, 2018 1:36 am

Sun October 21, 2018 1:42 am

ruddo is an idiot

Sun October 21, 2018 1:43 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:ruddo is an idiot

according to chud

Sun October 21, 2018 2:17 am

Hader pitches great, Jeffress ruins everything. Why does Counsell continue to do things this way?

Sun October 21, 2018 2:24 am

I feel ya, ol' nl central friend.

Sun October 21, 2018 3:59 am

go dodgers !

Sun October 21, 2018 4:01 am

fuck the dodgers (all due respect to Dave Roberts)

Sun October 21, 2018 4:11 am

There's something to be said about being beat by the best, but I'm going Dodgers in this series. 30 year drought, etc etc. Also, I can't stomach watching another Red Sox celebration. Sorry, Pete. Sorry ST.

Sun October 21, 2018 4:12 am

spike wrote:Hader pitches great, Jeffress ruins everything. Why does Counsell continue to do things this way?

When Wade Miley and Jhoulys Chacin are key starters, the bullpen is bound to become overworked at some point.

Sun October 21, 2018 4:13 am

washing machine wrote:There's something to be said about being beat by the best, but I'm going Dodgers in this series. 30 year drought, etc etc. Also, I can't stomach watching another Red Sox celebration. Sorry, Pete. Sorry ST.

I feel the same way except I'm not sorry about it.

Sun October 21, 2018 7:03 am

I don’t really want either team to win.
Post a reply