Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Tue June 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Balki wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Would any of you in here have any objection to me just deleting Balki's posts in this thread?

This would be setting a dangerous precedent. My posts are on topic, relevant, and informative. Are you willing to offer this service in thread's of mine where I don't care for a certain person and/or their replies?

Calm down

Tue June 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Balki banned from MLB thread!

Wed June 06, 2018 1:27 am

philpritchard wrote:Balki banned from MLB thread!

:wave:

Wed June 06, 2018 1:39 am

Lincecum released by Texas!

Wed June 06, 2018 11:57 am

Mets lose to the hapless Orioles!

Wed June 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Venters gets his first career start for the Rays vs the Nats!

Wed June 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Balki wrote:Venters gets his first career start for the Rays vs the Nats!

If Johnny Venters is starting a game for the Rays....... Tampa probably should not have a baseball team.

Love JV, but you're basically a step above pulling people from the stands to play. Just move the team.

American sports need relegation.

Wed June 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Electromatic wrote:

If Johnny Venters is starting a game for the Rays....... Tampa probably should not have a baseball team.

Love JV, but you're basically a step above pulling people from the stands to play. Just move the team.

Venters started in the same way that Sergio Romo has been starting this year: they're using him as a reliever but having him pitch an inning at the start of the game instead of at the end.

They weren't actually desperate enough to make him a real starter... it's just a new strategy they're trying. We're probably going to see more and more of it in the coming years.

Wed June 06, 2018 8:42 pm

philpritchard wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Venters started in the same way that Sergio Romo has been starting this year: they're using him as a reliever but having him pitch an inning at the start of the game instead of at the end.

They weren't actually desperate enough to make him a real starter... it's just a new strategy they're trying. We're probably going to see more and more of it in the coming years.

It's not a terrible strategy, but it only makes sense if you don't have really good starters. If you have Max Scherzer he's starting and hopefully going 8 or 9 innings. When you start with an opener you're conceding that the "starter" in the game isn't going to go 8 or 9.

Not that you need this explained. :)

Wed June 06, 2018 10:33 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

It's not a terrible strategy, but it only makes sense if you don't have really good starters. If you have Max Scherzer he's starting and hopefully going 8 or 9 innings. When you start with an opener you're conceding that the "starter" in the game isn't going to go 8 or 9.

Not that you need this explained. :)

I understand

Thu June 07, 2018 2:57 am

I forget who / what team I heard toying with the notion, but basically if youre going to have starters only going 5-6 innings nightly, why not go to a 4 man rotation giving you an extra arm in the bullpen. If youre only going 5-6 innings / 80+ pitches you shouldn't need the full rest.

Thu June 07, 2018 3:13 am

Thu June 07, 2018 3:30 am

Lol, that play looked like half the kids on my nephew’s T-ball team.

Thu June 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Ohtani exits the game early with a finger blaster!

Thu June 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Finger blaster? :lol:

Thu June 07, 2018 1:32 pm

PHATJ wrote:Finger blaster? :lol:

:shock: ....blister, folks

Thu June 07, 2018 1:35 pm

Balki wrote:

Finger blaster is my new favorite injury of all time.

Thu June 07, 2018 1:38 pm

PHATJ wrote:
Balki wrote:

Finger blaster is my new favorite injury of all time.

"Sam Horn to the 15 day DL with a finger blaster injury"

Thu June 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Royals send Jay to D-Backs!

Thu June 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Balki wrote:Royals send Jay to D-Backs!

for two minor leaguers!
Post a reply