Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: MLB

Mon May 07, 2018 2:12 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:I didn't see a spray chart, but MLB network did show Ichiros hits by direction last week when his agent announced hes done playing for this season but not retiring.

I cant remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 750+ to left, 750+ to right 800+ to center and 700+ on the infield. It was pretty insane at how even the numbers were.

and this is the guy that should be teaching hitting in the era of the shift, not launch angle, strike outs don't matter guy.

Tue May 08, 2018 12:26 am

Electromatic wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:I didn't see a spray chart, but MLB network did show Ichiros hits by direction last week when his agent announced hes done playing for this season but not retiring.

I cant remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 750+ to left, 750+ to right 800+ to center and 700+ on the infield. It was pretty insane at how even the numbers were.

and this is the guy that should be teaching hitting in the era of the shift, not launch angle, strike outs don't matter guy.

Agreed.

pure hitting is almost a lost art in todays sabermetrics world.
With Ichiro more or less finished, I think the chances of a .400 season, and 57 game hit streak have retired as well.

Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 am

I was living in Seattle during Ichiro's peak there, and going to a lot of games. Man what a time to be a baseball fan.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:39 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Agreed.

With Ichiro more or less finished, I think the chances of a .400 season, and 57 game hit streak have retired as well.

The chances of Ichiro doing those things retired almost a decade ago.

Vlad Guerrero Jr., though.

Wed May 09, 2018 1:08 am

How is it, when an infielder going out and an outfielder coming in, both players going all out, both players calling it, collide and drop the ball, one of them gets an error.
But on a pop up on the infield that everyone one just stands around and watches it drop between them all, that, is a hit. Baseball really just needs to make a "team error" stat, for both situations.

Wed May 09, 2018 1:16 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:How is it, when an infielder going out and an outfielder coming in, both players going all out, both players calling it, collide and drop the ball, one of them gets an error.
But on a pop up on the infield that everyone one just stands around and watches it drop between them all, that, is a hit. Baseball really just needs to make a "team error" stat, for both situations.

Team Error should absolutely be a stat. And both of these are perfect examples.

Also, I have a problem with official scorers. Errors are so fucking arbitrarily called/not called. I feel like the scorers we had when I played in high school were less forgiving than some of these weak ass official scorers.

Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 am

no no for seattle's james paxton

Wed May 09, 2018 1:40 am

spike wrote:no no for seattle's james paxton

have the canadians burned down vancouver yet?

Wed May 09, 2018 1:43 am

doug rr wrote:

what would your new favored city be

Wed May 09, 2018 1:45 am

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:

what would your new favored city be

Siem Reap

Wed May 09, 2018 1:48 am

Despite an awful result, that was pretty cool.

Wed May 09, 2018 7:27 pm

philpritchard wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Agreed.

His ass already resembles a potroast.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 pm

CopperTom wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Agreed.

And he's already one of the best hitting prospects ever.

Thu May 10, 2018 1:13 pm

philpritchard wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Agreed.

I was poking around on Baseball Reference and realized that he plays on the same team as Dante Bichette's son. And Craig Biggio's son is on the team, too! WTF?

Thu May 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Agreed.

I was poking around on Baseball Reference and realized that he plays on the same team as Dante Bichette's son. And Craig Biggio's son is on the team, too! WTF?

Yep. It makes me feel old.

Guerrero is the best prospect in baseball and Bichette is Top 10 or so. They're 19 and 20 and dominating in AA... that's super impressive. Biggio looked like just an org guy until this year because all he could ever do is walk a whole bunch, but all of a sudden he's hitting for a ton of power this year, so he may have a chance of actually turning into something.

Roger Clemens's son is playing a level below them, too.

Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 am

josh hader is so awesome right now

Wed May 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Because things are miserable for the Jays right now...

Guerrero is the youngest hitter in AA and is currently hitting .414.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:09 am

Jordan Hicks hit 105 on the radar gun. Twice. That really blows my mind. He'll be fun to watch until he blows out his arm.

Mon May 21, 2018 1:45 am

CopperTom wrote:Jordan Hicks hit 105 on the radar gun. Twice. That really blows my mind. He'll be fun to watch until he blows out his arm.

:shock:

Mon May 21, 2018 5:05 am

I don't understand how you can throw that hard and not strike anyone out. Eight Ks in 20+ innings.
Post a reply