The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 729  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Sun February 10, 2013 12:20 am 
AnalLog

@SkitchP wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Brainof23 wrote:
PED's suck. They suck the life out of baseball discussions like this and sucked the life out of the Hall of Fame induction ceremomy this summer.

Next year on the other hand, 3 guys not linked to PED's should go in together as first ballot guys.

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas

Maddux has an outside shot to be the first unanimous inductee but some baseball writter will leave him off his ballot to try and be a part of the story. A Maddux PED scandal would crush me more than any other player. Maddux, Griffey, and Jeter need to stay clean for me.

Glavine obviously made the right decision to chose baseball over hockey. It's too bad Smoltz can't go in with Maddux and Glavine.

Thomas is a notch below Maddux/Glavine in my HOF but a deserving player. It wouldn't shock me if the writers make him wait a year and get Biggio in.

The idea that Frank Thomas should have to wait for Craig Biggio is ridiculous...Biggio doesn't belong there at all, nevermind before Frank Thomas

pfft. Arent you the same guy that said Whitaker doesn't belong?

yeah...and aside from Biggio having a lot more hits, their statistics are very comparable...and not once when watching either of them did I ever think "that guy is a hall of famer"

but hey, if Biggio gets in, I don't know how you can't give Whitaker a lot more consideration

PostPosted: Sun February 10, 2013 1:41 am 
Broken Tamborine

:?

PostPosted: Sun February 10, 2013 1:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

MattA75 wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Brainof23 wrote:
PED's suck. They suck the life out of baseball discussions like this and sucked the life out of the Hall of Fame induction ceremomy this summer.

Next year on the other hand, 3 guys not linked to PED's should go in together as first ballot guys.

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas

Maddux has an outside shot to be the first unanimous inductee but some baseball writter will leave him off his ballot to try and be a part of the story. A Maddux PED scandal would crush me more than any other player. Maddux, Griffey, and Jeter need to stay clean for me.

Glavine obviously made the right decision to chose baseball over hockey. It's too bad Smoltz can't go in with Maddux and Glavine.

Thomas is a notch below Maddux/Glavine in my HOF but a deserving player. It wouldn't shock me if the writers make him wait a year and get Biggio in.

The idea that Frank Thomas should have to wait for Craig Biggio is ridiculous...Biggio doesn't belong there at all, nevermind before Frank Thomas

yeah...and aside from Biggio having a lot more hits, their statistics are very comparable...and not once when watching either of them did I ever think "that guy is a hall of famer"

but hey, if Biggio gets in, I don't know how you can't give Whitaker a lot more consideration

he's black, duh.

PostPosted: Sun February 10, 2013 2:35 am 
RM Elitist

numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Brainof23 wrote:

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas

he's black, duh.

In terms of WAR type stats, Whitaker is above Alomar, and really close to Sandberg.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 12:00 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Any other sox fans think its funny that Pedro showed up early for spring training?

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 2:29 am 
Poster of the Year

Yeah I got a chuckle out of that.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 2:47 am 
Broken Tamborine

Martinez?

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 2:48 am 
Poster of the Year

No, the other Pedro.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 2:51 am 
Broken Tamborine

oh stfu. i asked cause why the fuck is he in camp?

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 2:56 am 
Poster of the Year

Sox hired him as a "special assistant to the GM". I guess he'll be working with young pitchers.

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 3:07 am 
Broken Tamborine

AL

PostPosted: Sun February 17, 2013 11:34 pm 
AnalLog

So, Ryan Brauns "excuse" was, that he used the guy from Miami as a consultant for his appeals case...

Its now believed from MLB insiders, that the possible leak for his positive test result, was someone from Florida, he used as a consultant...

which begs a few questions...

If the consultant, wanted more money than his advice was worth, so Brauns lawyers told him get lost... the consultant than leaked the news of the positive test? Why did Braun's lawyers not go after him? the logical explanation is, because Brauns team of lawyers know, that this guy in Miami has the dirt on Braun to sink his whole story.

the ironic part of the whole story, appears to be, that because of the miami guy leaking the information, MLB investigated the leak... and may have taken down another steroid ring...

needless to say, theres ALOT more going on here
Brauns an idiot if he thinks he can get away with just that one press release this time.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 1:37 am 
Gone

Braun is dirty and has a big googly eyed baby head.

Yanks should struggle a little this year, yeah? Their core is getting old. Still have Cano, Tex, CC, ect. but it'd be nice to see the O's take the AL East.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 11:10 am 
AnalLog

verb_to_trust wrote:

Yanks should struggle a little this year, yeah? Their core is getting old. Still have Cano, Tex, CC, ect. but it'd be nice to see the O's take the AL East.

The Os are coming in fifth

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 10:14 pm 
A Return To Form

verb_to_trust wrote:

Jays are taking the AL East... thanks for trying :)

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2013 9:44 pm 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I think that's what most people are expecting.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2013 10:12 pm 
AnalLog

philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I dunno about that, a lot of people seem to have Boston there

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2013 11:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

MattA75 wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Vegas has them at about 76 wins. That seems about right, considering they were the luckiest team in baseball last year.

PostPosted: Wed February 20, 2013 5:33 pm 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Maybe... Boston still has a lot of huge question marks, but I think there's more talent there than the Orioles have. I hate to admit it after the offseason the Jays just had, but anything can happen in the AL East this year. I think the only thing that would surprise me would be the Rays finishing last.

PostPosted: Wed February 20, 2013 9:38 pm 
AnalLog

philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Maybe... Boston still has a lot of huge question marks, but I think there's more talent there than the Orioles have. I hate to admit it after the offseason the Jays just had, but anything can happen in the AL East this year. I think the only thing that would surprise me would be the Rays finishing last.

I think the Jays rotation and the Boston rotation is very similar in terms of question marks...if everything works out for the Jays they'll be great but I don't think it's a certainty

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 729  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports