The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572 ... 730  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ: when are the fine people of minneapolis/st. paul and the greater metropolitan area going to come out and support this absolute juggernaut of a team? i just saw that the twins are averaging just over 22,000 people per game, which is a full 2,000 people less than last year's team.

The weather was ATROCIOUS through the first six weeks of the season. They had three sellouts over the last homestand. And school is out tomorrow. I’d expect big crowds most of the summer.

school's out tomorrow? jeezus. when do they start the school year?

September

man, your kids must not get much time off during the year. my kids start the third week of august and get out on friday.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:26 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ: when are the fine people of minneapolis/st. paul and the greater metropolitan area going to come out and support this absolute juggernaut of a team? i just saw that the twins are averaging just over 22,000 people per game, which is a full 2,000 people less than last year's team.

The weather was ATROCIOUS through the first six weeks of the season. They had three sellouts over the last homestand. And school is out tomorrow. I’d expect big crowds most of the summer.

September

man, your kids must not get much time off during the year. my kids start the third week of august and get out on friday.

It seems like they get plenty time off. All the regular holidays and random days here and there. Plus we had over a weeks worth of snow days this year too.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:35 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

September

It seems like they get plenty time off. All the regular holidays and random days here and there. Plus we had over a weeks worth of snow days this year too.

Kids must love that, basically 3 full months of summer.

Anyway, kudos to your Twins so far. Really impressive. I look forward to their inevitable matchup with the Yankees in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:39 pm 

EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

September

Kids must love that, basically 3 full months of summer.

Anyway, kudos to your Twins so far. Really impressive. I look forward to their inevitable matchup with the Yankees in the playoffs.

Thanks, man. I’m dreading that matchup but enjoying the ride!

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

September

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/ ... ar-length/

33 other states plus D.C. have at least 180 days as a minimum requirement, whereas the average number of days in minnesota is only 174 (which itself is inflated by high school numbers).

more summer to accommodate tourists + the minnesota state fair + not enough air-conditioned buildings = get yer shit together minnesota

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:50 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

September

33 other states plus D.C. have at least 180 days as a minimum requirement, whereas the average number of days in minnesota is only 174 (which itself is inflated by high school numbers).

more summer to accommodate tourists + the minnesota state fair + not enough air-conditioned buildings = get yer shit together minnesota

I think we’re all happy just the way it is.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

September

but that's gotta suck if you rely on expensive child care

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2019 6:57 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
EJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

September

but that's gotta suck if you rely on expensive child care

Thankfully, I don’t.

PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2019 3:23 pm 
Rank This Poster

Steve Blass has a problem with Ronald Acuna? Was he around when Barry was there with the giant gold cross dangling from his ear?

PostPosted: Fri June 07, 2019 1:11 pm 
mXn

PHATJ wrote:
Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
The Twins confirm interest and contact with both Kimbrel and Keuchel.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-confir ... Olr8VqWNqE

Nothing to lose. Do it!

I really would love to see them go after Kimbrel. He could be a serious difference maker for the bullpen (which might be the only slight weakness of the team) the second half of the season. Keuchel doesn’t excite me much, but he’d be better than the current 5th (and possibly 4th) starter for the Twins, and obviously has the potential to be a front end starter if things go really well for him, so I’d gladly take that addition too. But my hope is their focus is on Kimbrel.

0 for 2. WTF???

PostPosted: Fri June 07, 2019 1:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Electromatic wrote:
Steve Blass has a problem with Ronald Acuna? Was he around when Barry was there with the giant gold cross dangling from his ear?

a lot of hot takes on this

he also called out harper so people calling him racist for acuna dont acknowledge that aspect

i think hes just a cranky old man is all

PostPosted: Fri June 07, 2019 1:51 pm 
Rank This Poster

Peeps wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

a lot of hot takes on this

he also called out harper so people calling him racist for acuna dont acknowledge that aspect

i think hes just a cranky old man is all

I don't think he's racist, he's just yelling at clouds. We had Joe Simpson here complaining about everything from bat flips to Jewlery, to anti cancer t shirts at batting practice. It's just sort of an odd thing to cause emotional distress.

I hope I don't care that much about how young people look when I'm that old.

PostPosted: Sun June 09, 2019 4:52 am 

Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
The Twins confirm interest and contact with both Kimbrel and Keuchel.

http://www.startribune.com/twins-confir ... Olr8VqWNqE

Nothing to lose. Do it!

I really would love to see them go after Kimbrel. He could be a serious difference maker for the bullpen (which might be the only slight weakness of the team) the second half of the season. Keuchel doesn’t excite me much, but he’d be better than the current 5th (and possibly 4th) starter for the Twins, and obviously has the potential to be a front end starter if things go really well for him, so I’d gladly take that addition too. But my hope is their focus is on Kimbrel.

0 for 2. WTF???

Kimbrel got a bigger contract than I thought he would. The Cubs definitely extended him longer than I ever thought the Twins would. It’s a bummer, would’ve loved having him for this year and possibly next. I’m not huge on Keuchel. But I still would’ve welcomed the singing. I’m still hoping they go after a power arm reliever to close games. Maybe a trade for Will Smith from the Giants.

PostPosted: Sun June 09, 2019 5:10 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

why didn’t the twins build another dome

PostPosted: Sun June 09, 2019 5:28 am 

spike wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

why didn’t the twins build another dome

Fuck domes

PostPosted: Sun June 09, 2019 9:56 pm 

The Twins have had some struggles against the Tigers this season (relative to their otherwise dominance), but today wasn’t one of those days. The Twins homered four more times in a 12-2 win. Nelson Cruz has homers in four straight games. Jake Odorizzi allowed just one run in six innings to lower his AL best ERA. Cleveland lost today so the lead is now 10.5 in the division. It’s been an impressive first 1/3 of the season to say the least. I wonder how many All Stars they will have. It should be MANY.

PostPosted: Tue June 11, 2019 9:31 pm 
Future Drummer

Almost 3 months into the baseball season (and about 65-ish game mark for each team) and what's stuck out for me:

The talk about exit velocities and launch angles and seeing a lot more infield defensive shifts (that I have seen work maybe once)

PostPosted: Tue June 11, 2019 10:04 pm 

If you’ve only seen the defensive shift work once you either aren’t paying attention or have only watched like two innings.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 2:56 am 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:
If you’ve only seen the defensive shift work once you either aren’t paying attention or have only watched like two innings.

Haha yeah, it works multiple times in every game.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 4:14 am 
mXn

Ha ha weak ass Twins gave up 5 runs to the Mariners tonight :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572 ... 730  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports