The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657 ... 730  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed June 02, 2021 1:49 pm 
mXn

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
because of the Brewers moving to some stupid TV station that no one seems to get... and isnt streaming, I've been stuck listening to most games on the radio this year, which is fine...
But, Lorenzo Cain was still wearing a mask on the field, while playing CF with no one around him, and including batting, in the game he hit two homers against the Cubs at the start of the season.

Point is, if Lo Cain who is not much of a home run hitter, can hit 2 homers in 1 game while wearing a mask, wearing a mask, does not hurt anyone...
so let it go Bammer its really not that big of a deal who wears them / doesnt wear them.

You couldn’t have been further off from picking up what I’m laying down

PostPosted: Thu June 03, 2021 9:28 pm 
AnalLog

Bammer wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
because of the Brewers moving to some stupid TV station that no one seems to get... and isnt streaming, I've been stuck listening to most games on the radio this year, which is fine...
But, Lorenzo Cain was still wearing a mask on the field, while playing CF with no one around him, and including batting, in the game he hit two homers against the Cubs at the start of the season.

Point is, if Lo Cain who is not much of a home run hitter, can hit 2 homers in 1 game while wearing a mask, wearing a mask, does not hurt anyone...
so let it go Bammer its really not that big of a deal who wears them / doesnt wear them.

oh no, I totally picked it up, you were ranting at the NBA making people wear a mask on the bench in their bubbles, and trying to celebrate MLB for letting the players not wear a mask.
I was pointing out, some MLB players ARE still wearing masks, even when they are out in the outfield with no one near them. AND, that player proceeded to hit two homers while wearing said mask. Wearing a mask, hurts no one, so why lose sleep over people still wearing one? move on and enjoy having sports back

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 2:34 am 
Rank This Poster

Tyler Glasnow whining - “Not allowing me to cheat during the season caused me to hurt my arm.” (Sic)

You can still use rosin from the bag if you want grip.

This isn’t about grip.

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 4:15 am 
mXn

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Bammer wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

oh no, I totally picked it up, you were ranting at the NBA making people wear a mask on the bench in their bubbles, and trying to celebrate MLB for letting the players not wear a mask.
I was pointing out, some MLB players ARE still wearing masks, even when they are out in the outfield with no one near them. AND, that player proceeded to hit two homers while wearing said mask. Wearing a mask, hurts no one, so why lose sleep over people still wearing one? move on and enjoy having sports back

The guy can wear a fkn mask wherever he wants to.

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 3:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

This whole thing about sticky substances is just the owners trying to drive down the market value of pitchers, as well as diverting attention from the fact that MLB completely botched the production of the actual baseball and doesn't even know what the "normal" ball is anymore.

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 3:24 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

On the bright side, maybe they won't have to move the mound back now.

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 3:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
On the bright side, maybe they won't have to move the mound back now.

UGH

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 3:53 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
This whole thing about sticky substances is just the owners trying to drive down the market value of pitchers, as well as diverting attention from the fact that MLB completely botched the production of the actual baseball and doesn't even know what the "normal" ball is anymore.

Yes, correct, this is a ruse to hide the fact that they fucked the ball up so bad! Anyway, I'm sure nothing will improve rate of play like the introduction of stop-and-frisk.

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 5:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Mickey wrote:
numbers wrote:

Yes, correct, this is a ruse to hide the fact that they fucked the ball up so bad! Anyway, I'm sure nothing will improve rate of play like the introduction of stop-and-frisk.

and pitchers constantly asking for new baseballs

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 6:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

remember game 2 of the 2006 world series when larussa called out the gambler for having his hat covered in pine tar? that was 15 years ago. and mlb is somehow now just taking a closer look.

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 7:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
remember game 2 of the 2006 world series when larussa called out the gambler for having his hat covered in pine tar? that was 15 years ago. and mlb is somehow now just taking a closer look.

I remember Julian Tavarez getting suspended for having something on his hat, I wanna say 04? Maybe 05.

PostPosted: Thu June 17, 2021 3:14 am 
Rank This Poster

Chris_H_2 wrote:

George Brett is big mad.

PostPosted: Mon June 21, 2021 4:22 am 
Mind Your Tanners

It's Wander Franco time baby!

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 1:41 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Mickey wrote:

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 3:36 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mickey wrote:
Mickey wrote:

It must feel amazing to score the go-ahead run during extra innings in your MLB debut. Congrats to Connor Wong!

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 4:39 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Yeah he's got a great career ahead of him as a pinch runner.

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 5:24 am 
mXn

Mick you catch any of that series over the weekend?

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 10:21 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mickey wrote:
Yeah he's got a great career ahead of him as a pinch runner.

Honestly, in contrast with the baserunning boners both teams had in extras, he looked amazing walking 90 feet in a straight line once per play.

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 12:56 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

these pitcher checks are so ridiculous

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 2:59 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

EJ wrote:
these pitcher checks are so ridiculous

i'm not saying that this is altogether perfect, but instead of making on-field spectacles, why don't they just put a MLB rep in the dugouts and do automatic checks there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657 ... 730  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports