The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563 ... 730  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2019 8:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

EJ wrote:
the pitchers should just start doing glove flips after they strike a guy out

which rm'r would you intentionally throw at? not at the head though, thats unacceptable..this question is for all

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2019 8:51 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I'd rather embarrass them with a good eephus pitch. Poor Gorman Thomas...

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2019 8:52 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

doug rr wrote:
EJ wrote:

which rm'r would you intentionally throw at? not at the head though, thats unacceptable..this question is for all

tree_
chud

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2019 8:53 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

doug rr wrote:
EJ wrote:

dime so we could all watch his reaction video to getting thrown at.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2019 10:42 pm 
AnalLog

I only threw at one person once back in my pitching days. The kid was horrible, coke bottle glasses, awkward as can be. He had just robbed someone on our team of a grandslam to end an inning. The fence was only a 3 foot high fence, he just stuck his glove out and caught it, if I remember right he wasn't even looking in the same direction as the ball, and well he got pretty excited and celebrated the whole way in. After the game, the other team told us it was the first ball he caught all year. So, he was leading the next inning off so my catcher and a few other guys were telling me I have to throw at him, but I didn't wanna hurt the kid, he was seriously BAD. So I told my catcher fine, but its gonna be a knuckleball. So first pitch, I throw a knuckleball at him, and in self defense he hits a line drive right back at my head knocking me on my ass! yup, learned my lesson. I never threw at anyone again. Yes, I can still throw the knuckleball.
Side note, the only home run I ever gave up was to a Hinske, either Eric or his brother. Not bad for being a junk ball pitcher who's fastball topped out at 72-75 range.

That Gorman vid is great. Theres so many Brewer fans a little older than me who think Gorman is was one of the all time greats, and they insist he was the Brewers best all time CF (Yount of course is a SS to them) I have to tell them to look up his career batting avg. Its one of the all time worst with minimum 1,000 at bats. Gorman and Robby Deer were so ahead of their time, theyd fit right in with the launch angle home run or nothing crowd.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2019 10:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
I only threw at one person once back in my pitching days. The kid was horrible, coke bottle glasses, awkward as can be. He had just robbed someone on our team of a grandslam to end an inning. The fence was only a 3 foot high fence, he just stuck his glove out and caught it, if I remember right he wasn't even looking in the same direction as the ball, and well he got pretty excited and celebrated the whole way in. After the game, the other team told us it was the first ball he caught all year. So, he was leading the next inning off so my catcher and a few other guys were telling me I have to throw at him, but I didn't wanna hurt the kid, he was seriously BAD. So I told my catcher fine, but its gonna be a knuckleball. So first pitch, I throw a knuckleball at him, and in self defense he hits a line drive right back at my head knocking me on my ass! yup, learned my lesson. I never threw at anyone again. Yes, I can still throw the knuckleball.
Side note, the only home run I ever gave up was to a Hinske, either Eric or his brother. Not bad for being a junk ball pitcher who's fastball topped out at 72-75 range.

That Gorman vid is great. Theres so many Brewer fans a little older than me who think Gorman is was one of the all time greats, and they insist he was the Brewers best all time CF (Yount of course is a SS to them) I have to tell them to look up his career batting avg. Its one of the all time worst with minimum 1,000 at bats. Gorman and Robby Deer were so ahead of their time, theyd fit right in with the launch angle home run or nothing crowd.

back when he was Joey and not Albert Belle he hit a bomb of an hr over my head that is still probably going..he basically walked around the bases and stared down everyone..we were in our home ball park..needles to say our pitcher, drilled him in the ribs with a 92 mph fastball and the benches cleared

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:32 am 
Rank This Poster

I hit a guy on purpose once. He didn't do anything specific to deserve it, but he was a complete asshole. If I threw hard enough to hurt anyone I probably wouldn't have done it.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:34 am 

I used to bean one guy every start. Almost guaranteed. It was never really on purpose.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:37 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
I used to bean one guy every start. Almost guaranteed. It was never really on purpose.

lol yeah same, but this was in little league...5th grade maybe? the only year i pitched thank goodness

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:38 am 

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

lol yeah same, but this was in little league...5th grade maybe? the only year i pitched thank goodness

:lol: all the way through high school for me

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:39 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

did you wear your cup every game?

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:40 am 

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

When I pitched, yes. When I played center field, no.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:42 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

have you played adult league softball?

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:43 am 

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

No, my schedule prohibits it.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:46 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

i was in a league 5 or so years ago and made a crowd cheering catch...it's the only sports highlight of my adult life

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:48 am 

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

i was in a league 5 or so years ago and made a crowd cheering catch...it's the only sports highlight of my adult life

:heartbeat: At least it’s a good one!

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 1:52 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

:heartbeat: At least it’s a good one!

ha, yeah...i actually made another pretty good catch in that game too...sadly, we were so bad pretty much any catch was exciting

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 3:40 am 
AnalLog

PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I got 20 years in, but this might be it, all the years playing CF is starting to catch up to me.

Pitching was so much fun. I always wished I could have a LITTLE bit better stuff so I could have got in more games. It wasn't until the last summer I played hardball that I finally got to pitch a lot, only because we had no one else that could throw strikes on that horrible team.

anyone else getting annoyed with all the home runs in baseball so far? Seattle already has 56 I think? Brewers got up to 48? tonight? were not even 1 month into the season.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 4:17 am 
mXn

Yes I am totes annoyed by all the Mariners’ home runs

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 5:56 am 

Twins beat the Astros tonight giving them the second best winning percentage in MLB. I really wish they’d sign Craig Kimbrel. It would be awesome if the could also get another good starter at some point. Either way, I think they have a good shot at beating Cleveland for the division. If they were to add something like that, they could be real contenders.

Last edited by PHATJ on Tue April 23, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563 ... 730  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports