The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482 ... 504  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46596
Location: Sector 7-G
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
who knows he's dead to me


Not for going to the Yankees?

it was a joke


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46596
Location: Sector 7-G
not a very good one, i admit


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7833
Location: Franklin, MA
cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
who knows he's dead to me


Not for going to the Yankees?

it was a joke


Hey, there were still people booing him when he was on the Tigers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46596
Location: Sector 7-G
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
who knows he's dead to me


Not for going to the Yankees?

it was a joke


Hey, there were still people booing him when he was on the Tigers.

people are the worst


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12298
Location: Cumberland, RI
It's fucking wild that after an 11-game losing streak for the Dodgers and a 21-game winning streak for the Tribe, LA still has a better record.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18588
Location: the beach
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:46 am 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Houston still feels like the team of destiny to me.


Same, the Indians are peaking at the wrong time.

Remember when the As won 20 in a row and then got bounced in the first round?


Yes, is that the year the Sox beat them or the year the Yankees did with the Jeter play?


The Twins beat them in the Playoffs that year.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:47 am 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was 6 when Smoltz faced Morris.

I was 11. Best game of my life.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 2:14 am 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18588
Location: the beach
cutuphalfdead wrote:
doug rr wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Houston still feels like the team of destiny to me.


Same, the Indians are peaking at the wrong time.

Remember when the As won 20 in a row and then got bounced in the first round?


weren't you like 6 years old at that time?

fuck you I was 17


are you sure?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 5:15 am 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
Big walk off HR by Eddie Rosario tonight. He's turned into a really good (and clutch) player. The Twins needed the win to stay 2 up on the Angels for the second wild card. Being in the playoff chase with this club has been tons of fun to watch. I just wish they still had Brandan Kinsler at the back end of the bullpen.

And Holy Hell, Cleveland. 21 wins in a row is insane.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1271
Location: The Jungle
PHATJ wrote:
Big walk off HR by Eddie Rosario tonight. He's turned into a really good (and clutch) player. The Twins needed the win to stay 2 up on the Angels for the second wild card. Being in the playoff chase with this club has been tons of fun to watch. I just wish they still had Brandan Kinsler at the back end of the bullpen.

And Holy Hell, Cleveland. 21 wins in a row is insane.


I feel the same way about the Brewers (and I can even say I wish we still had Kinsler). This team is fun to watch with its cast of no names. Hell they've been using September call ups as starters in a playoff run.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2433
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was 6 when Smoltz faced Morris.

I was 11. Best game of my life.


I was 12 worst game of my life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 4:44 am 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was 6 when Smoltz faced Morris.

I was 11. Best game of my life.


I was 12 worst game of my life.

Yes. :lol:

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 4:48 am 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Big walk off HR by Eddie Rosario tonight. He's turned into a really good (and clutch) player. The Twins needed the win to stay 2 up on the Angels for the second wild card. Being in the playoff chase with this club has been tons of fun to watch. I just wish they still had Brandan Kinsler at the back end of the bullpen.

And Holy Hell, Cleveland. 21 wins in a row is insane.


I feel the same way about the Brewers (and I can even say I wish we still had Kinsler). This team is fun to watch with its cast of no names. Hell they've been using September call ups as starters in a playoff run.


Heck of a season for the Brew Crew indeed. The difference with the Twins is that this should be just the beginning for an extremely talented and young team.

Oh, and we have Byron Buxton. He just hit another walk off home run for the Twins tonight. And let's not forget that Sano has been out for the last three weeks. He'll be back before the post season and this lineup (which has been mashing all second half) gets that much better. I'm not saying they'll do much in the postseason this year (if they make it) but the future is very bright.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2433
PHATJ wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was 6 when Smoltz faced Morris.

I was 11. Best game of my life.


I was 12 worst game of my life.

Yes. :lol:



I think it's the best baseball series of games I've ever seen though. I'm still annoyed that Cox took Smoltz out after the 9th.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 2:47 pm 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was 6 when Smoltz faced Morris.

I was 11. Best game of my life.


I was 12 worst game of my life.

Yes. :lol:



I think it's the best baseball series of games I've ever seen though. I'm still annoyed that Cox took Smoltz out after the 9th.

Obviously I'm biased, but yeah I totally agree. Best WS ever played.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5942
Location: Space City
Good read, since we're on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/sport ... ml?mcubz=0


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 7:56 pm 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I was 6 when Smoltz faced Morris.

I was 11. Best game of my life.


I was 12 worst game of my life.

Yes. :lol:



I think it's the best baseball series of games I've ever seen though. I'm still annoyed that Cox took Smoltz out after the 9th.

Cox pulled Smoltz during the 8th.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 8:03 pm 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7538
Location: Not NYC
washing machine wrote:
Good read, since we're on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/sport ... ml?mcubz=0

:thumbsup:

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Sat September 16, 2017 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1271
Location: The Jungle
PHATJ wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Big walk off HR by Eddie Rosario tonight. He's turned into a really good (and clutch) player. The Twins needed the win to stay 2 up on the Angels for the second wild card. Being in the playoff chase with this club has been tons of fun to watch. I just wish they still had Brandan Kinsler at the back end of the bullpen.

And Holy Hell, Cleveland. 21 wins in a row is insane.


I feel the same way about the Brewers (and I can even say I wish we still had Kinsler). This team is fun to watch with its cast of no names. Hell they've been using September call ups as starters in a playoff run.


Heck of a season for the Brew Crew indeed. The difference with the Twins is that this should be just the beginning for an extremely talented and young team.

Oh, and we have Byron Buxton. He just hit another walk off home run for the Twins tonight. And let's not forget that Sano has been out for the last three weeks. He'll be back before the post season and this lineup (which has been mashing all second half) gets that much better. I'm not saying they'll do much in the postseason this year (if they make it) but the future is very bright.


I heard it was Molitor who ironed Buxtons swing out just before he started this hot streak (ditched a leg kick / toe tap, for the more Molitoresque no stride)
The thing that's crazy with the Brewers, Braun, the loan real Veteran of the Brewers, has only played in 89 of 146 games. A free agent from Korea, a couple of players picked up in trades, a waiver claim, and a super utility (Hernan Perez might be the team MVP just for his versatility) player leading a bunch of kids. Gotta love it.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482 ... 504  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 21, 2017 7:48 am