The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dear Terrorists
PostPosted: Fri September 05, 2014 6:40 pm 
AnalLog

sigh.

something similar JUST happened a few weeks ago.

if it was passion, excitement, or anything of the like i would view this as nothing. this seems like genuine frustration from these guys and for good reason. not good.

PostPosted: Fri September 05, 2014 10:15 pm 
slower than 82% of US

its about time someone in the organization showed some emotion, at least

PostPosted: Fri September 05, 2014 11:10 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I think Marrone was third or fourth in the odds for first coach to the fired. Probably could've been higher (although their first 8 games aren't necessarily killer).

PostPosted: Sat September 06, 2014 11:49 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Simple Torture wrote:
I think Marrone was third or fourth in the odds for first coach to the fired. Probably could've been higher (although their first 8 games aren't necessarily killer).

I think the reasoning needs to be mentioned on what will get him fired: If the new owner likes him. He really hasn't done anything to be labeled a bad coach in my mind. I think the decisions his offensive coordinator makes are questionable, but he seems to be mostly frank in his press conferences about what went right and wrong.

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 12:57 am 
slower than 82% of US

Kyle. Williams. Inter. Ception.

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 1:23 am 
AnalLog

first win in Chicago!

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 3:53 am 
Site Admin

red calzolaio wrote:
first win in Chicago!
That stat is crazy. How many other pre-merger teams have such a dubious record? I know the Cardinals have never beaten the Broncos in Denver--they were completely winless until the aftermath of Josh McDaniels fucking up the team.

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 4:00 am 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
first win in Chicago!
That stat is crazy. How many other pre-merger teams have such a dubious record? I know the Cardinals have never beaten the Broncos in Denver--they were completely winless until the aftermath of Josh McDaniels fucking up the team.

it seems like they always hit the bears in chicago on a bad year for the bills or a good year for the bears

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 4:01 am 
RM Elitist

Thanks Bills!

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 4:40 am 
slower than 82% of US

Talking points that bothered me during the preseason that no one is going to mention after this game:

-EJ has a problem with balls being batted at the line (even though he only had 3 all last season)
-EJ wasn't elected a captain (because FJax and Wood were the offensive guys elected and have been vocal leaders for a long time now, despite what media wants you to believe)
-Its only a matter of time until Orton starts

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 6:35 am 
AnalLog

Mecca wrote:
Talking points that bothered me during the preseason that no one is going to mention after this game:

-EJ has a problem with balls being batted at the line (even though he only had 3 all last season)
-EJ wasn't elected a captain (because FJax and Wood were the offensive guys elected and have been vocal leaders for a long time now, despite what media wants you to believe)

this was really impressive to me:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11484 ... cago-bears

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 11:25 pm 
slower than 82% of US

red calzolaio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

fuck Rodak, he was one of those assholes making a huge deal out of EJ not being elected a captain

PostPosted: Mon September 08, 2014 11:38 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Mecca wrote:

I'm buying the third one. The biggest thing in EJ's favor is the cake early schedule. He might be able to get himself enough good will to survive mid to late season struggles.

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 12:00 am 
slower than 82% of US

4/5 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I'm buying the third one. The biggest thing in EJ's favor is the cake early schedule. He might be able to get himself enough good will to survive mid to late season struggles.

He's a 2nd year player who has had only 2 actually bad games last season. I think he's okay barring a disaster.

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 1:02 am 
AnalLog

Mecca wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

fuck Rodak, he was one of those assholes making a huge deal out of EJ not being elected a captain

i didn't realize that.

either way, i like what i'm hearing about the team and Manuel. Meatball's post game was great.

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 1:04 am 
slower than 82% of US

yeah, EJs no savior, but he definitely seems like he is set up to be successful and can motivate

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 3:50 am 
slower than 82% of US

"All signs point to pegula buying the bills"??

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 2:40 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Mecca wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

He's a 2nd year player who has had only 2 actually bad games last season. I think he's okay barring a disaster.

Fair enough.

That offense has playmakers all over the field, so he's certainly in a good position to succeed.

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 7:50 pm 
AnalLog

Mecca wrote:
"All signs point to pegula buying the bills"??

:hooray:

PostPosted: Tue September 09, 2014 7:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

So they stay in buffalo and hopefully end this playing in Toronto nonsense?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports