The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Who are the teams in Super Bowl XLVII?
Harbaugh Bowl (BAL/SF) 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
Gonzalez/Lewis Retirement Party (BAL/ATL) 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Brady's Bay Area Revenge (NE/SF) 50%  50%  [ 13 ]
Rematch Guaranteed in 2013 Season (NE/ATL) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: 2012 NFL Playoffs
PostPosted: Mon December 31, 2012 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Pretty awesome slate of teams in this year.

Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Playoffs
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 7:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Who do you like in the Wildcard Round?

Bengals v Texans
Colts v Ravens

Vikings v Packers
Seahawks v Redskins

I gotta think the Texans take the Bengals.

If there's going to be one upset, I'll take the Colts over the Ravens. Luck's inexperience hurts him here, but the Raven's D is so banged up, and Luck has shown tremendous poise under pressure and an ability to put his team on his back.

Packers are still hurting from the loss on Sunday. They won't let it happen again, and not at Lambeau Field. I'll take the Packers.

Seahawks/Redskins is the game I'm most excited about. I don't really have a horse in this race. I'm excited to see two rookie QBs go at it. I like the vibe of both teams. Since I have to pick one, I'll take the Skins because they have home field. But I won't be surprised at all to see another upset here. And I'm just routing for a good game.

So I'll predict:

Texans
Colts
Packers
Redskins

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 7:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

And, if I'm not mistaken, if the Colts win and the Bengals lose, that means Indy moves on to Denver. I'd LOVE to see Luck v Manning. As a rabid Chiefs fan I can't route for the Broncos, so I'll cross my fingers for Luck. BUT, either way, it would be fun to see Peyton take on his former team and his replacement. Should be fun to watch as a football fan, if not a Chiefs fan.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 10:38 pm 
Polluted

Wildcard Weekend
Texans
Ravens
Packers
Seahawks

Divisional Round
Patriots
Broncos
49ers
Seahawks

Conference Championships
Broncos
49ers

Superbowl
Broncos

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
And, if I'm not mistaken, if the Colts win and the Bengals lose, that means Indy moves on to Denver. I'd LOVE to see Luck v Manning. As a rabid Chiefs fan I can't route for the Broncos, so I'll cross my fingers for Luck. BUT, either way, it would be fun to see Peyton take on his former team and his replacement. Should be fun to watch as a football fan, if not a Chiefs fan.
I bet TV would love to see the Broncos' three games be that matchup against his old team like you mentioned, then Brady/Manning XIV, and then going up against Shanny facing his old team.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Self wrote:
Wildcard Weekend
Texans
Ravens
Packers
Seahawks

Divisional Round
Patriots
Broncos
49ers
Seahawks

Conference Championships
Broncos
49ers

Superbowl
Broncos
This looks about right to me. I'm still nervous about picking the Broncos to go all the way--they certainly aren't invincible and a team like NE or the NFC champion could take them down.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 10:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I bet TV would love to see the Broncos' three games be that matchup against his old team like you mentioned, then Brady/Manning XIV, and then going up against Shanny facing his old team.

I'd love to see that, myself.

Of course, I'd love to see Luck v RGIII in the big game too. Two rookie QB's head to head could be a ton of fun. Don't really see it happening, but it'd but fun.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:41 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Really excited for this weekend's slate of games...

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:52 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Coach wrote:
Really excited for this weekend's slate of games...

Same here, and i havent really been able to say that much lately, but luck and rg3 are making it more interesting, and im liking the seahawks as well

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 1:01 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Aparently the 49ers signed Billy Cundiff to compete with Akers, hope none of their games come down to needing a field goal

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 3:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Self wrote:
Wildcard Weekend
Texans
Ravens
Packers
Seahawks

Divisional Round
Patriots
Broncos
49ers
Seahawks

Conference Championships
Broncos
49ers

Superbowl
Broncos

i like the cut of your jib

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 4:33 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I'm hoping for a huge Vikings upset over the Pack on Saturday night, but I still can't believe they won 10 games this year after only winning 3 last season. Christian Ponder is a complete question mark. He has had some good moments but his several bad games have been historically bad. Adrian Peterson is a super human freak and should be the league MVP. The Vikings would have won 3-5 games this year without his amazing season to carry the load.

The only way I see a Vikings win is for Adrian to put up 150-200 yards and a couple scores and for the Vikings defense to manage to slow down the pass attack of the Packers enough to keep the score in the 20s. This will take a consistently heavy pass rush and for the defensive backs to play at their highest level. I am also hoping for some of the wintery weather conditions Lambeau is known for. This may help slow down Green Bay's passing game and shouldn't be a problem for the Vikings running game.

I am fully aware that this is a lot to hope for but it is possible. AP has already put up 407 rushing yards in two games vs. GB this season. The Vikings pass rush can be elite. And weather conditions could easily be a factor. A lot of this game may ride on the MN secondary, which isn't a great thought for a Vikings fan (especially since I am unsure of the status of A. Winfield who broke his hand in last weeks win over GB). And as always, turnovers will be a major factor.

I'd give my club about a 30% to 40% chance of winning and I'll be thrilled if it actually happens. Go Vikes!

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 4:54 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
I'm hoping for a huge Vikings upset over the Pack on Saturday night, but I still can't believe they won 10 games this year after only winning 3 last season. Christian Ponder is a complete question mark. He has had some good moments but his several bad games have been historically bad. Adrian Peterson is a super human freak and should be the league MVP. The Vikings would have won 3-5 games this year without his amazing season to carry the load.

The only way I see a Vikings win is for Adrian to put up 150-200 yards and a couple scores and for the Vikings defense to manage to slow down the pass attack of the Packers enough to keep the score in the 20s. This will take a consistently heavy pass rush and for the defensive backs to play at their highest level. I am also hoping for some of the wintery weather conditions Lambeau is known for. This may help slow down Green Bay's passing game and shouldn't be a problem for the Vikings running game.

I am fully aware that this is a lot to hope for but it is possible. AP has already put up 407 rushing yards in two games vs. GB this season. The Vikings pass rush can be elite. And weather conditions could easily be a factor. A lot of this game may ride on the MN secondary, which isn't a great thought for a Vikings fan (especially since I am unsure of the status of A. Winfield who broke his hand in last weeks win over GB). And as always, turnovers will be a major factor.

I'd give my club about a 30% to 40% chance of winning and I'll be thrilled if it actually happens. Go Vikes!

:finger:

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:31 am 
10Club Complaint Department

spike wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Thoughtful.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

PHATJ wrote:
spike wrote:
Thoughtful.
Well, he is a Packers fan, so what did you expect? I'd trust you'd do the same for an analysis by a Packers fan.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 6:17 pm 
A Return To Form

Green Habit wrote:
Self wrote:
Wildcard Weekend
Texans
Ravens
Packers
Seahawks

Divisional Round
Patriots
Broncos
49ers
Seahawks

Conference Championships
Broncos
49ers

Superbowl
Broncos
This looks about right to me. I'm still nervous about picking the Broncos to go all the way--they certainly aren't invincible and a team like NE or the NFC champion could take them down.

(fka Cpt. Murphy)

Yeah, I think this looks about right too. Denver most definitely isn't invincible, but I think they are probably the most complete and well balanced team going into the playoffs this year. They really don't have a glaring weakness and I think they would have won at least 2 of the 3 they lost if those games had come in the last half of the season once Manning hit his stride.

-Cpt. Murphy

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 6:26 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

i dont see anyone in the NFC winning it all. I'm thinking the Pats go all the way.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:10 pm 
The Master

I didn't even realize the Bengals were in contention of making the playoffs until Sunday night.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I didn't even realize the Bengals were in contention of making the playoffs until Sunday night.
First time they've made the playoffs in back to back years since the early 80s.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
First time they've made the playoffs in back to back years since the early 80s.

they definitely have somehting in Dalton and AJ Green, i dont think they have what they thought they did in Green Ellis, but other then that they have the superstars in the important positions and should only get better, id like to see them win a game in the playoffs this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports