The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Fantasy Basketball League
PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2013 3:29 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Monkey_Driven wrote:
gems and rhinestones wrote:
I think Curry's Ankles has a really really solid team.

We will see. I feel like I have a good mix of rebounding, points, and assists. I honestly have no idea though. Glad I got Kevin Love. He's one of my favorites to watch.

I know my team isn't very good on paper at all right now. I'm counting on guys taking the next step up. I think Turner and Sullinger are really special players. Now hopefully they show it. Not even for my fantasy team, just because I'm as big of an Ohio State basketball fan that exists. :D

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 5:46 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

Ah shit, I missed this. :(

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 11:54 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Fuzzcharger wrote:

if anyone is interested in a smaller league as well, im thinking about throwing one together last minute and drafting maybe on thursday evening, let me know and if we have enough ill put it together

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 1:35 pm 
A Return To Form

I really don't follow the NBA very well, but I was kind of thinking about playing fantasy basketball to force me to watch more basketball. So if you are still looking for people, Doc, I would try playing. I can't do Thursday night, though, as I'll be out of town. I'll should be around the rest of the week and weekend, though. I guess I can always do auto-draft if it came down to it, though.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lefty wrote:
I really don't follow the NBA very well, but I was kind of thinking about playing fantasy basketball to force me to watch more basketball. So if you are still looking for people, Doc, I would try playing. I can't do Thursday night, though, as I'll be out of town. I'll should be around the rest of the week and weekend, though. I guess I can always do auto-draft if it came down to it, though.

ill check into starting one tonight and ill let you know, im not even sure when the season starts :lol:

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 5:17 am 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

if anyone is interested in a smaller league as well, im thinking about throwing one together last minute and drafting maybe on thursday evening, let me know and if we have enough ill put it together

Thanks for the offer Doc, I just started up a league with some pals but if you're short a man I'll gladly jump in and help out your mini league.

PostPosted: Wed October 23, 2013 4:04 pm 
A Return To Form

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
lefty wrote:

ill check into starting one tonight and ill let you know, im not even sure when the season starts :lol:

Any luck getting anyone else? I figured it was going to be hard to get enough people so I created my own league and was going to try to recruit some other people I know as well. If anybody is interested send me a PM. I really don't know much about the best scoring and roster formats, though, so I'm open to some help.

PostPosted: Wed October 23, 2013 4:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lefty wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
lefty wrote:

Any luck getting anyone else? I figured it was going to be hard to get enough people so I created my own league and was going to try to recruit some other people I know as well. If anybody is interested send me a PM. I really don't know much about the best scoring and roster formats, though, so I'm open to some help.

if you have enough room, me and a buddy of mine from work would like to join. when is the draft?

PostPosted: Wed October 23, 2013 4:36 pm 
A Return To Form

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
lefty wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
lefty wrote:

if you have enough room, me and a buddy of mine from work would like to join. when is the draft?

Right now I have it set for Sunday night, but I can move it if needed. The season starts on Tuesday, I believe, though.

PostPosted: Wed October 23, 2013 4:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lefty wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
lefty wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
lefty wrote:

Right now I have it set for Sunday night, but I can move it if needed. The season starts on Tuesday, I believe, though.

im fine with when ever for the draft, if im not available then ill just autodraft and make due, but currently i can most likely do it sunday night.

my buddy chris should join shortly, and hopefully we can get a few more.

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 2:37 am 

I'll jump in if you're still looking.

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 2:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Fuzzcharger wrote:

PM sent

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 2:58 am 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

PM sent

Cheers Doc. All signed up.

As I'm in Australia, I'll have to work out the time difference for this draft.

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 3:09 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Fuzzcharger wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

PM sent

I think its at 8pm eastern currently, which its now currently just after 11pm eastern.
So its just under 4 days from now

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 10:41 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

PM sent

I think its at 8pm eastern currently, which its now currently just after 11pm eastern.

According to the counter on the website the draft is at 1am on sunday night/monday morning. That's not going to work for me. Are people into an autodraft option? If not that's cool but I might have to drop out.

PostPosted: Thu October 24, 2013 11:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Fuzzcharger wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

PM sent

According to the counter on the website the draft is at 1am on sunday night/monday morning. That's not going to work for me. Are people into an autodraft option? If not that's cool but I might have to drop out.

Definitely autodraft if you need to, its gonna be a small league i think so you will get a good team no matter what

PostPosted: Fri October 25, 2013 1:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

if we dont end up with an even number of teams then should we just make it a points league instead of a head to head?

PostPosted: Fri October 25, 2013 8:35 pm 
A Return To Form

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
if we dont end up with an even number of teams then should we just make it a points league instead of a head to head?

That's possible, and I'll changed it to that if we need to go that route. I have at least another person that is suppose to join, and I had told him to recruit some others.

PostPosted: Fri October 25, 2013 9:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lefty wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

That's possible, and I'll changed it to that if we need to go that route. I have at least another person that is suppose to join, and I had told him to recruit some others.

Sounds good :D

PostPosted: Sun October 27, 2013 11:18 pm 
A Return To Form

We're currently sitting at 7 players in the league I created. We need one more person for head to head play in case anyone else is interested. The draft is tonight at 8:30pm Eastern, but auto-draft is perfectly fine for anyone that would be concerned.

The link: http://y.ahoo.it/LmWyCNW7

If we don't get there in a little bit, I'll switch it to a roto league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports