The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: The Chicago Bears
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 12:51 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

In Trestman we trust........until we don't.

Post subject: Re: The Chicago Bears
PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 12:56 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

pnjguy wrote:

:thumbsup:

So far, so good. Something is clicking - Cutler's playing smart at the end of the game.

PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 1:04 am 

EJ wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

So far, so good. Something is clicking - Cutler's playing smart at the end of the game.

He's playing well, and the o-line is giving him pockets I haven't seen before. Passing pockets, being able to audible at the line, three beasts in Marshall, Jeffrey, and Bennett, it's like a grown up offense!

PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 1:08 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

pnjguy wrote:
EJ wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

He's playing well, and the o-line is giving him pockets I haven't seen before. Passing pockets, being able to audible at the line, three beasts in Marshall, Jeffrey, and Bennett, it's like a grown up offense!

Yeah lets hope that translates into more confidence in the play calling. I can't remember the last time they had a quality receiving core. Its too early to get excited. But, it should be a fun year.

PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 1:14 am 

EJ wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EJ wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

Yeah lets hope that translates into more confidence in the play calling. I can't remember the last time they had a quality receiving core. Its too early to get excited. But, it should be a fun year.

The more the young side of the offensive line gets comfortable, I see the play calling getting more vertical. But I don't mind the dink and dunk as long as cutler is upright.

PostPosted: Tue September 17, 2013 4:13 pm 
AnalLog

pnjguy wrote:
EJ wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
EJ wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

The more the young side of the offensive line gets comfortable, I see the play calling getting more vertical. But I don't mind the dink and dunk as long as cutler is upright.

Me neither. We have playmakers in Forte, Marshall, Jeffrey, and Bennett. Let them make plays.

The lack of a pass rush is a bit worrysome. Hopefully Peppers and Melton get into form soon.

PostPosted: Sat September 21, 2013 4:39 am 
Broken Tamborine

The audible option has me the most excited I think. The fact that a cutler called the game winner Sunday makes my dick move a little.

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 12:57 pm 

3-0, wow great start

Melton done for the year
Peppers is clearly either hurt or just really really old. he has been invisible this year, and on the pick-6 he looked like he needed a cane.
Tillman supposedly just cramping last night....hmm
for the first time in a decade i may be more concerned about the defense than the offense.

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 2:11 pm 
AnalLog

Peppers hasn't looked great, but neither has the rest of the DL. So he will continue to get double teamed. And with Melton out, it's going to look worse. We're going to become a blitzing team to compensate. Which can be great (5 turnovers and 2tds) or horrible (500 yards of offense and nearly giving up 21 point lead).

Great game, but it really shouldn't have been that close. I didn't like the fact that we shelled up on offense for 1/2 the game - until that back shoulder bomb to Marshall.

Btw - The Bears are the only team in the NFC North with a win over a non-winless team. :roll: :P

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 3:52 pm 
AnalLog

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 3:54 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Fuck You Jobu wrote:

:thumbsup: :haha:

Will that hit put to rest the nonsense over pulling himself out of the playoff game a few years ago?

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 4:17 pm 
AnalLog

Prob not. You'd think 9 sacks in a half (with a concussion) would have done it, so if that didn't do it... ;)

Btw Lovie pulled him.

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 6:43 pm 
Future Drummer

Peppers looked pretty good to me, but maybe that was just the Pitt O-line being shitty. Certainly wouldn't say he looked "old" though.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 12:37 am 
Gone

Paper Tigers, I say.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 3:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

As a Lions fan, I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but the Lions this week may be the Bears' defense first true test of the season.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 3:22 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
As a Lions fan, I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but the Lions this week may be the Bears' defense first true test of the season.

is reggie bush playing?

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 3:24 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Chris_H_2 wrote:

The Bengals have a decent offense and they played them okay in Week 1. Of course, playing indoors at Detroit is a different story. And, the Bears D looks banged up right now. Signs are pointing to a Lions W - that is, if Bush is healthy.

I kinda agree with Verb - I don't think they are an elite team. But, just making the playoffs this year - and, hopefully winning one game, will be a nice accomplishment.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 3:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

is reggie bush playing?

Yeah, he's supposed to be back. But I'm sure he'll share reps with Bell.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 5:46 pm 
AnalLog

Chris_H_2 wrote:

It really depends on if Tillman is still injured/sick. He's one of the few that can contain him. If he can't stick with CJ it will be a long day, esp with the pass rush not being as good this year and about to get worse with Melton out for the year.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 5:54 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:

The fact that Burrelson is out now helps, but this Tillman thing has me worried. I know its going to be a maintenance thing throughout the year but he looked bad changing directions on Sunday night and got beat badly on a few occasions. The Lions will get their yards, but will they limit their turnovers is the question.

Long versus Suh should be fun to watch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports