Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The NCAA sucks

Tue March 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Green Habit wrote:Uh....alrighty then.

Tue March 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Aunt Becky, No!!!!

she's still freakin' hot

Tue March 12, 2019 6:23 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Aunt Becky, No!!!!

she's still freakin' hot

Absolutely.

Tue March 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Tue March 12, 2019 8:22 pm

burn ncaa...burn

Tue March 12, 2019 11:22 pm

doug rr wrote:burn ncaa...burn
NCAA delenda est.

Tue March 12, 2019 11:40 pm

unreal

Wed March 13, 2019 3:31 am

Wait wait wait, so.... "elite" colleges take in kids that shouldn't qualify because rich people pay to get their offspring in?

Oh my gosh, it's almost like our entire society is built on thin facade of bullshit.

Wed March 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Tate Martell eligible to play immediately to play at Miami, he transferred essentially because he couldn't compete with Justin Fields so I'm guessing the rule that transfers have to sit out a year is just about dead.

Wed March 20, 2019 5:46 pm

What was Martell's hardship? That he wasn't expecting how cold it would be in Ohio?

Wed March 20, 2019 5:54 pm

As bad as the transfer rule is, I wonder how many NFL players would be willing to sit out a year without pay, and get their contract tolled, in exchange for joining whatever team they want. Le'Veon Bell is a clear yes, for one.

Wed March 20, 2019 5:59 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:What was Martell's hardship? That he wasn't expecting how cold it would be in Ohio?

I believe it was listed as a coaching change....and something something Zach Smith, but his hardship was that he had no chance of starting anymore at Ohio State because Justin Fields transferred.
Last edited by Electromatic on Wed March 20, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed March 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Green Habit wrote:As bad as the transfer rule is, I wonder how many NFL players would be willing to sit out a year without pay, and get their contract tolled, in exchange for joining whatever team they want. Le'Veon Bell is a clear yes, for one.

The thing about Bell is I would be surprised if he is the same player. You can't take that much time off and then jump right back in and be the same all pro.

Thu March 21, 2019 11:35 pm

*an infinite number of clapping emojis*

Thu March 21, 2019 11:38 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fri March 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Not only are they not paying them a salary, they are actively preventing them from earning what they could make simply off their own talents and abilities while at the same time reaping millions of those talents and abilities. At a school with Athletic Scholarships, I'm perfectly fine with saying our professionals are compensated with a full athletic scholarship. I'm not ok with our athlete students are compensated with a full athletic scholarship and we own all their rights and abilities to their *sport talents until they should decide to leave, graduate or we pull their scholarship.

We are quickly getting to a point where college athletics as they have been known will not exist BECAUSE of the ridiculous amateurism policy.

College Basketball is already relegated from fall and winter to basically March and that's it. If there were no 3 year rule, college football would be boring as well.

To some extent there is some symbiosis because players like Zion need to build their brand but people don't watch football or basketball in the numbers they do because of the laundry. They watch because of the talent first and foremost. The laundry argument may have played 30 years ago, it doesn't anymore. If the play is meh, audiences will go elsewhere.

College Sports are a business period.

Fri March 22, 2019 11:06 pm

Sat March 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Green Habit wrote:

Is that a serious NCAA post? Touting that they pick up the tab for Wifi?

How impossibly tone deaf can one social media director be?

Fri April 05, 2019 12:41 am

Tue May 14, 2019 8:33 pm

If having college directly pay players is too far of a bridge for you to cross, I hope that at least allowing them to do third party sponsorships is reasonable enough for you.

Post a reply