Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18
Page 4 of 77

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Mon April 22, 2013 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I don't like the trade.

I didn't like what the speculation was for Tampa giving up, but Im happy with only giving a first this year and a 3rd next year, they were going to go CB in round one and at best it was gonna be the 2nd or 3rd best college CB, if he is healthy at the start of the season, Revis could still be the best nfl CB so that's better with that first. I also wouldn't be shocked if Dom finds a way to get another 3rd rounded before next years draft

I'm not so much worried about the draft picks as I am him coming off major knee surgery. I sure hope they keep Barber on the roster for depth.
I have to think that Barber's at the point in his career where he's practically retired unless the Bucs give him a call. I'd be surprised if he signed with someone else.

yeah, he isnt trying to play for another team, just trying to decide if its worth it to go through the beating of another season, and he is gonna probably want some kinda promise of playing time to put him self through all the work again.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon April 22, 2013 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

In his press conference today he wouldn't guarantee he would be ready for week one v. the Jets.

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Mon April 22, 2013 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
In his press conference today he wouldn't guarantee he would be ready for week one v. the Jets.

i didnt get to see anything but a clip or 2 from it, but i kinda get the feeling he isnt gonna rush it, i hope it isnt a derek rose kinda thing where he has been medically cleared for 2 months and he still doesn't feel ready to return, but i do want him to rehab fully so he can be 100 percent, so im sure they will see where he is during training camp and set a time line then.

Author:  TheDapperGent [ Mon April 22, 2013 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I had knee surgery in december 2010. I can do everything on it that I used to but it will never feel right again. It gets swollen at times too and I don't have 100% confidence in it.

It can effect a person physically and mentally.

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Mon April 22, 2013 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

TheDapperGent wrote:
I had knee surgery in december 2010. I can do everything on it that I used to but it will never feel right again. It gets swollen at times too and I don't have 100% confidence in it.

It can effect a person physically and mentally.

i think its the mental part that has derek rose still sitting out, and we will just have to hope Revis is like AP and wants to be back sooner then expected and play better then expected

Author:  Scott [ Thu May 02, 2013 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Some folks are up in arms about Sapp getting inducted into the Ring of Honor head of Brooks, Lynch and Alstott....but none of those guys are in the HoF yet....

I'm fine with the choice.

Author:  Scott [ Thu May 02, 2013 10:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What happened to Connor Barth? That guy was solid.

he is still there, signed a pretty nice contract last year, i think 4 years, though now im not positive on that, but Schiano said he wanted to create competition at every position, so i think he is just coming in for camp and see who wins the job, he wants everyone to earn their spot.


And....Kaeding announces retirement today.

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Scott wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What happened to Connor Barth? That guy was solid.

he is still there, signed a pretty nice contract last year, i think 4 years, though now im not positive on that, but Schiano said he wanted to create competition at every position, so i think he is just coming in for camp and see who wins the job, he wants everyone to earn their spot.


And....Kaeding announces retirement today.


I saw that, but he wasn't gonna beat Barth for the spot anyway, so no big deal.

And as far as Sapp over Brooks, the HOF is enough, but i don't really see the big deal, brooks will be there next year most likely, and probably have his # retired as well

Author:  Scott [ Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

In the whole scheme of things, people in TB will always love Brooks and Alstott.

Sapp was pretty widely known as an asshole around town. People respect his play, but hate him as a person.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Thu May 09, 2013 3:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Welp it's official. Ronde is retiring. Probably my favorite player over the last decade. Only guy in history with at least 25 sacks and 40 interceptions. Great player and great guy.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Thu May 09, 2013 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I just listened to the interview he did with his brother on CBS Sports radio this morning. Sounds like he was forced to retire or maybe be cut. Said he knows he could have played another year and "the game has moved on from me and I am willing to move on from it".

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I just listened to the interview he did with his brother on CBS Sports radio this morning. Sounds like he was forced to retire or maybe be cut. Said he knows he could have played another year and "the game has moved on from me and I am willing to move on from it".

Kind of sucks if they did tell him he might be cut, but the bucs had to think of the future, if he stayed and they skipped on Jonathan Banks then who knows who they would get to replace him.
Really wish he coulda played 1 more year and get to 30 and 50

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Thu May 09, 2013 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I know I'm biased because I'm a life long Bucs fan, but he's a Hall of Famer, right? Maybe not first ballot but still...

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Thu May 09, 2013 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I know I'm biased because I'm a life long Bucs fan, but he's a Hall of Famer, right? Maybe not first ballot but still...

im biased enough to wonder why he wouldnt be a first ballot hall of famer, he has the stats, has a championship, was a big part of the great Ds that Sapp got in the hall for being a part of, the only negative they might be able to say is that he greatly benefited from playing with such a great front 7, but i feel like he is one of the all time greats. i was reading a bucs board today though and they talk like he definitely wont be a first ballot and maybe shouldnt even get his # retired, so maybe i am too biased

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Thu May 09, 2013 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Hey Doc, there's a good chance I'm going to have two extra tix to the Panthers/Bucs game in Charlotte this year. You should come down and go to the game with me.

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Fri May 10, 2013 2:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Hey Doc, there's a good chance I'm going to have two extra tix to the Panthers/Bucs game in Charlotte this year. You should come down and go to the game with me.


That would be awesome, definitely keep me posted on if you do have the extras, its only about a 3 hour drive, but ill need to give a little notice that ill need to be off work early, that one is the Thursday game right?

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Sat May 11, 2013 12:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Contract talks with Mike Williams are supposed to start back up on Monday, hopefully they get a deal done on an extension soon. He was a good #1 WR but a great #2 will be nice to have mike and vjax locked up forthe next 4 or 5 years

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Wed July 17, 2013 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Not that anyone but Doc cares, but Connor Barth out for the season with a torn achilles. They just signed Tynes to a one year deal.

Author:  Dr. Van Nostrand [ Wed July 17, 2013 4:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Not that anyone but Doc cares, but Connor Barth out for the season with a torn achilles. They just signed Tynes to a one year deal.

son of a bitch, barth has been money the last 2 years. hopefully tynes is still pretty decent

Author:  Scott [ Wed July 17, 2013 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I fear Tynes is washed up...

This Barth injury is gonna hurt.

:(

Page 4 of 77 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/