The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 4:39 pm 
Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Well, it's a 4 game season gents.
and one of those games got flexed to Sunday night football :D Bucs and Cowboys are in prime time and i think its the first time for the Bucs to be a Sunday night game in 8 years.

Saints
Cowboys
Saints
Panthers
The key game I see is whichever one is at New Orleans. If the Bucs win that I can see 10-6, if not then 9-7--and usually 10 wins is the deciding factor toward getting into the playoffs.
the 10-6 Buccaneers of 2010 disagree with you
usually

I know, it's just funny that the one example that goes against your theory is actually the Bucs, lol.

The Patriots were 11-5 in 2008 and didn't get in.

Yes and clearly that stings for you as the Patriots' woes are very similar to the Bucs'. :/

That wasn't my point, but until Parcells got here our woes weren't all that dissimilar, pal.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 4:39 pm 
AnalLog

Regardless of making the playoffs I'm just pleased with the play on the field. Huge improvement.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Self wrote:
Same with the 1985 Broncos. Hell, the 2015 Super Bowl Champion Broncos could have missed the playoffs if they went 11-5.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Self wrote:
That wasn't my point, but until Parcells got here our woes weren't all that dissimilar, pal.
The Pats were only really bad during that short abyss in the late 80s-early 90s between Sullivan and Kraft owning the team. The Bucs have had much longer stretches of terrible play.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 5:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jwfocker wrote:
Regardless of making the playoffs I'm just pleased with the play on the field. Huge improvement.

100% agree, for quite a long time now if their opponent would score i would just feel like the game was already over, its a great feeling knowing that they are in every game and can come from behind to win.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 6:02 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
and one of those games got flexed to Sunday night football :D Bucs and Cowboys are in prime time and i think its the first time for the Bucs to be a Sunday night game in 8 years.

Saints
Cowboys
Saints
Panthers
The key game I see is whichever one is at New Orleans. If the Bucs win that I can see 10-6, if not then 9-7--and usually 10 wins is the deciding factor toward getting into the playoffs.
usually

I know, it's just funny that the one example that goes against your theory is actually the Bucs, lol.

Yes and clearly that stings for you as the Patriots' woes are very similar to the Bucs'. :/

I love you

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 6:12 pm 
Polluted

Green Habit wrote:
Self wrote:
The Pats were only really bad during that short abyss in the late 80s-early 90s between Sullivan and Kraft owning the team. The Bucs have had much longer stretches of terrible play.

I started following during the mid 80s, so that stretch seemed a lot worse than it probably was.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 6:13 pm 
Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Saints
Cowboys
Saints
Panthers
usually

I love you

I know.

Spoiler: show
:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 9:05 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Cecil Shorts out for the season.

Also, just read about a really good punter at some midwestern school, so I guess we know where the Bucs will be using their first pick next draft.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 9:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Cecil Shorts out for the season.

Also, just read about a really good punter at some midwestern school, so I guess we know where the Bucs will be using their first pick next draft.

if it wasnt for how well anger has been doing lately i would think that might be something to worry about. now they will probably make anger the highest paid punter of all time a kill any cap space they have , but we are Bucs fans, we cant have everything be good all at once lol

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
but we are Bucs fans, we cant have everything be good all at once lol
They picked the absolute perfect time in their franchise's history to have everything go their way.

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 12:44 am 

5 in a row. Go Bucs

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 2:15 am 
AnalLog

Reality doesn't make sense right now.

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 4:20 am 

jwfocker wrote:

Those safeties have to stop, though. Second one in three weeks. Huge momentum killer

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 12:21 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

Those safeties have to stop, though. Second one in three weeks. Huge momentum killer

I don't know man. I think it adds something very visceral to the game.

Also Josh Huff probably won't be on the team next week. Pretty awful game by the new guy.

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 2:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jwfocker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

I don't know man. I think it adds something very visceral to the game.

Also Josh Huff probably won't be on the team next week. Pretty awful game by the new guy.

that was pretty awful on his part, and i learned that the free kick is not technically a punt since you still get a penalty if it goes out of bounds, i didnt realize that at all.

the Bucs are becoming the kings of the ugly wins lol, but a win is a win, hopefully the D can keep it up and the O can do much better then this week and the Cowboys can be another W for us.

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 3:56 pm 
AnalLog

That O-line is a major concern. Smith and who ever has been lining up at right tackle have been straight trash for a couple weeks and it seems like they're getting worse.

PostPosted: Mon December 19, 2016 1:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jwfocker wrote:
That O-line is a major concern. Smith and who ever has been lining up at right tackle have been straight trash for a couple weeks and it seems like they're getting worse.

man was it obvious last night that the o line needs to be the main focus this off season.

now the Bucs need to win the last 2 and need a bit of help

PostPosted: Mon December 19, 2016 1:32 pm 
AnalLog

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

man was it obvious last night that the o line needs to be the main focus this off season.

It was such a bad performance and what makes it so infuriating - the o-line play dropped off the cliff right when the team needed them the most. Just awful. Gosder was useless. literally a empty vessel of garbage. Whiffing on that screen play was the final straw. Winston played a epic 3rd quarter but lost his way a bit in the 4th quarter. He was pressing. He was rushing his throws, throwing high, and getting hit on every throw and a lot of that is on him but the 0-line did not help at all.

No running game. No weapons outside of Evans and Brate. The o-line can't hold their blocks for even a 3 second drop.

PostPosted: Mon December 19, 2016 2:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jwfocker wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

It was such a bad performance and what makes it so infuriating - the o-line play dropped off the cliff right when the team needed them the most. Just awful. Gosder was useless. literally a empty vessel of garbage. Whiffing on that screen play was the final straw. Winston played a epic 3rd quarter but lost his way a bit in the 4th quarter. He was pressing. He was rushing his throws, throwing high, and getting hit on every throw and a lot of that is on him but the 0-line did not help at all.

No running game. No weapons outside of Evans and Brate. The o-line can't hold their blocks for even a 3 second drop.

i kinda hope they dont try drafting another running back though, i think the combo of Martin, Rodgers and Simms is strong if they have a line in front of them that can create some holes to run through, im not sure what FA or the draft is looking like for O line help, especially drafting pretty late this year but they need to get some new players in there for sure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 93  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports