The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PostPosted: Mon September 09, 2013 12:24 am 
A Return To Form

:?

Gonna be a long season, boys....

PostPosted: Thu September 12, 2013 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

It sure looks like things are getting dramatic over there. Any Bucs fans want to clarify what's up?

PostPosted: Thu September 12, 2013 4:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Looks like the players only meeting never happened, it was made up, not too sure about the validity of the captains vote, schiano says it was legit, but haven't heard too much about it though, and apparently freeman overslept and missed a team photo, which is bad, but i don't think it will change his fate, i think he will be benched soon, and i think it was in the plans since Glennon was drafted

PostPosted: Thu September 12, 2013 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

So are the players more fed up with Freeman or Schiano? That's what I don't get. Hopefully it's Freeman because it does seem like he's going to be out the door after this season.

PostPosted: Thu September 12, 2013 4:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
So are the players more fed up with Freeman or Schiano? That's what I don't get. Hopefully it's Freeman because it does seem like he's going to be out the door after this season.

i would think freeman, and that would be the reason he wasnt voted a captain, but when the rumors or a players only meeting were circulating i was kinda worried it was schiano. there have been rumors off and on over the last year or 2 that freemans heart really isnt in football, and i would think they players see it and are getting pretty fed up. the kid has the athletic ability, and i thought after he spent so much time prepairing between his first season and second season that he had the drive to get the most of that ability, but he just wont get there, its sad, but i hope to see some of glennon this season so we know if we need a QB next year.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Jason La Canfora says that Freeman wants a trade:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... ek-a-trade

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

Green Habit wrote:

After looking at his contract, I can't imagine that any team would want to take on whatever portion of his $8.4 million base salary is left. If relations are beyond repair I wouldn't be surprised if they just flat out cut him.

PostPosted: Sun September 15, 2013 4:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

After looking at his contract, I can't imagine that any team would want to take on whatever portion of his $8.4 million base salary is left. If relations are beyond repair I wouldn't be surprised if they just flat out cut him.

I would love if they are gonna be done with him that they could get something for him, a 3rd would be great since that's what they gave up this year for revis, but that money will make it most likely impossible unless someone desperate for qb (maybe jacksonville) would want to take a shot and be able to sign him to an extension

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 12:36 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Well fuck

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 12:39 am 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Well fuck

I can't even believe they were in this game, then they lose again on a last second field goal, man it has been heart breaking so far

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 12:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Well fuck

I can't even believe they were in this game, then they lose again on a last second field goal, man it has been heart breaking so far
who's ready for next weekend?

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 12:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

elliseamos wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Well fuck

who's ready for next weekend?

Ill be hoping for a good game, but if the bucs lose it, i just hope its not with another last second field goal

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 1:10 am 
Site Admin

Finally saw the highlights of this game on NBC. Fuck, the football gods really want to tear the hearts out of Bucs fans.

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 1:14 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Finally saw the highlights of this game on NBC. Fuck, the football gods really want to tear the hearts out of Bucs fans.

I don't know what we did to deserve it :lol:

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I don't know what we did to deserve it :lol:
Traveling to NE next week. :|

PostPosted: Mon September 16, 2013 1:33 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

ugly game.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun September 22, 2013 11:31 pm 
A Return To Form

I will be amazed if Schiano and Freeman last the entire year.

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 1:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Scott wrote:
I will be amazed if Schiano and Freeman last the entire year.

I hate the thought of schiano being gone already, i think he is still the type of coach this team needs, and i think the team is tired of freeman more then they are the disciplinary coach. Schiano might be a bit to tough but if the team is winning then they will appreciate his style. I have no idea if glennon is the guy, but freeman is a bigger problem for the team then schiano

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 5:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ok, so if i was running the Bucs, then i would be looking to get some playing time for Glennon to see if there is any chance he will be the next "Franchise" QB or if he will just be a career back up, Freeman is done and the only hope there is that someone decides to throw away a mid round draft pick before the trading deadline to take a chance that they could fix him. now if you are afraid glennon will get killed out there then i can see not letting him play yet, go ahead and let freeman get killed, but otherwise after the buy week its gonna be time to see what the Rookie can do( if not this week ). Schiano was brought in to be tough on these guys and thats why he has been doing, and from the sounds of it there are a bunch on the team who cant take it, but thats mostly all comming from the media and we dont know for sure if its really that the team is turning on Schiano or if it might just be that they are fed up with the mediocre QB they are playing with, but i cant see pulling the plug on the coach after 19 games. the tough situations happens if Glennon isnt the guy and they are thinking about Drafting a QB, because if they are picking in the top 5 and not totally sold on Schiano, if he drafts a first round QB then that could kill the chance of drawing a big name or well established coach, because they like to pick their own QB instead of being forced to deal with one that is already there.

i guess i just dont wanna think its yet another Rebuild because there are a lot of good parts already in place, id like to think it is a simple as a new QB fixing everything.

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Ok, so if i was running the Bucs, then i would be looking to get some playing time for Glennon to see if there is any chance he will be the next "Franchise" QB or if he will just be a career back up, Freeman is done and the only hope there is that someone decides to throw away a mid round draft pick before the trading deadline to take a chance that they could fix him. now if you are afraid glennon will get killed out there then i can see not letting him play yet, go ahead and let freeman get killed, but otherwise after the buy week its gonna be time to see what the Rookie can do( if not this week ). Schiano was brought in to be tough on these guys and thats why he has been doing, and from the sounds of it there are a bunch on the team who cant take it, but thats mostly all comming from the media and we dont know for sure if its really that the team is turning on Schiano or if it might just be that they are fed up with the mediocre QB they are playing with, but i cant see pulling the plug on the coach after 19 games. the tough situations happens if Glennon isnt the guy and they are thinking about Drafting a QB, because if they are picking in the top 5 and not totally sold on Schiano, if he drafts a first round QB then that could kill the chance of drawing a big name or well established coach, because they like to pick their own QB instead of being forced to deal with one that is already there.

i guess i just dont wanna think its yet another Rebuild because there are a lot of good parts already in place, id like to think it is a simple as a new QB fixing everything.
I completely agree.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 93  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports