The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 6:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bucs also signed LB Casillas from the Saints and WR Ogletree from the Cowgirls.

neither very exciting, but at least they might be a bit of depth or competition for camp, i was sure they were going to be making a play for Leon Washington but never did, im definitely disappointed he signed with the Pats yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2013 4:01 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Traded away Arelius Benn for draft picks.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 4:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

a few more random pick ups for the bucs from the past week or so
TE Tom Crabtree (GB)
RB Brian Leonard (CIN)
K Nate Kaeding
WR Steve Smith (NYG,STL)
DE George Selvie ( not sure where he has been in the pros, but i did want them to draft him in the later rounds a few years ago)
DT Derek Landri (PHI)

and i feel like im totally over the Revis deal because it sounds like they could have to give up their 1st and 3rd this year or 1st and 2nd next year and i really think that is too much. if a draft day trade happened and they gave up a 2nd this or next and a 4th or 5th to go with it then id be happy and still hope they would have drafted Milliner ( wishful thinking that he'd be there at 13 ) Rhodes or Trufant to play with him.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 5:17 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

What happened to Connor Barth? That guy was solid.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

he is still there, signed a pretty nice contract last year, i think 4 years, though now im not positive on that, but Schiano said he wanted to create competition at every position, so i think he is just coming in for camp and see who wins the job, he wants everyone to earn their spot.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

he is still there, signed a pretty nice contract last year, i think 4 years, though now im not positive on that, but Schiano said he wanted to create competition at every position, so i think he is just coming in for camp and see who wins the job, he wants everyone to earn their spot.

here is an article pretty much saying the same thing
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/addi ... th/2112662

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 3:41 pm 

I don't like the trade.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I don't like the trade.

I didn't like what the speculation was for Tampa giving up, but Im happy with only giving a first this year and a 3rd next year, they were going to go CB in round one and at best it was gonna be the 2nd or 3rd best college CB, if he is healthy at the start of the season, Revis could still be the best nfl CB so that's better with that first. I also wouldn't be shocked if Dom finds a way to get another 3rd rounded before next years draft

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:39 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

The Saints own the division. All the other teams are like little brothers. Revis won't help ya! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

TheDapperGent wrote:
The Saints own the division. All the other teams are like little brothers. Revis won't help ya! :twisted:

We shall see, i will be excited for both games with the saints as usual, and the fact that Tampa still has a 2nd, 3rd and 2 4ths this year makes me excited that they can still be dramatic better then last year. Watch out south, the bucs are showing up big this year :D 8-)

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

TheDapperGent wrote:

They do? Is it 2009?

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:56 pm 

It will be a fun year. I can't wait to see Coach on the sidelines again and am looking forward to our new look 3-4 defense. The Saints had a few players (Junior Gallete, Martez Wilson, Cam Jordon, Akiem Hicks) already on the team with a huge upside, not to mention adding Victor Butler and Keenan Lewis and whoever they draft.

I'm looking forward to the Bucs games this year too though. I have the feeling I won't be able to go into those games feeling like we have an automatic win. Especially if you guys get a little more consistency from Freeman.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:56 pm 

Electromatic wrote:
TheDapperGent wrote:

They do? Is it 2009?

Take a look at the division records for the past oooh I dunno....7 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

TheDapperGent wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
TheDapperGent wrote:

They do? Is it 2009?

Take a look at the division records for the past oooh I dunno....7 seasons.

I'm not interested in the past 7. I'm interested in last year.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 6:00 pm 

Electromatic wrote:
I'm not interested in the past 7. I'm interested in last year.

Don't get your hopes up then. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

The Saints are capable of retaking the division, but the Falcons are clearly the team to beat.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 7:07 pm 

Green Habit wrote:
The Saints are capable of retaking the division, but the Falcons are clearly the team to beat.

We went 1/1 against the Failcons last year, with a team in disarray. But yeah, they added Steven Jackson to their offense. Julio Jones is the real deal along with Roddy White and Gonzalez coming back their offense is going to be good. Their D needs alot of work as it stands, but who am I to talk about D as a Saints fan.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 7:17 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I don't like the trade.

I didn't like what the speculation was for Tampa giving up, but Im happy with only giving a first this year and a 3rd next year, they were going to go CB in round one and at best it was gonna be the 2nd or 3rd best college CB, if he is healthy at the start of the season, Revis could still be the best nfl CB so that's better with that first. I also wouldn't be shocked if Dom finds a way to get another 3rd rounded before next years draft

I'm not so much worried about the draft picks as I am him coming off major knee surgery. I sure hope they keep Barber on the roster for depth.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I don't like the trade.

I'm not so much worried about the draft picks as I am him coming off major knee surgery. I sure hope they keep Barber on the roster for depth.
I have to think that Barber's at the point in his career where he's practically retired unless the Bucs give him a call. I'd be surprised if he signed with someone else.

PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 7:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I don't like the trade.

they are trying to get Barber to come back, i just dont think he wants to unless he is atleast playing the nickel CB spot, he doesnt wanna ride the bench, so i would look to friday in the draft, and if the bucs still take a CB with their 2nd or 3rd rounder then Barber wont be back, if they dont take one then they are expecting him to be back. but as far as the Knee injury, i think Revis did a good thing by not fighting for guaranteed money, he will get his 16 mill this year reguardless, but he has to prove he is back or else the bucs can cut him and walk away, but if he is the old Revis, then expect his contract to be redone to add signing bonuses so they dont have to take the full 16 mill cap hit every year. i think its a win win for the bucs, they got him relatively cheap and arent on the hook for boatloads of money if he doesnt comeback 100%, but if he does comeback as the old Revis then now tampa has the best CB in the league to help fix the 2nd worst pass defense of all time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 93  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports