The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PostPosted: Mon December 04, 2023 12:24 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Mike Evans, first ballot HOF and maybe the most underrated player of his generation.

PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2023 6:47 am 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Mike Evans. 10 seasons in the NFL, 10 seasons with over 1,000 yards. Only three of those seasons with TB12, the rest were trash QBs. Only Jerry Rice had more consecutive seasons. If they don’t resign him in the offseason i will stop being a Bucs fan.

His list of QBs is so funny: Josh McCown, Mike Glennon, Jameis, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brady, Divorced Brady, and Baker.

PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2023 5:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

On Monday I heard a snippet from Stephen A. Smith. Not that I want to give his show credit, but when asked why Evans isn't talked about more often, he said "it is because he is a quiet, humble dude, he doesn't complain about things like most good WRs". He's right. I sure hope TB does the right thing and makes him a Buc for life this offseason. A lot of people are worried about it, but I think they just wanted to get out from under Brady's contract, which they will after this year. That and Devon White/LaVonte David will probably leave.

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 2:54 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Good riddance to White, he's been terrible.

PostPosted: Mon December 25, 2023 12:50 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Go Bucs!

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2024 9:17 pm 

:hooray:

PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2024 9:35 pm 
Rank This Poster

Good for Baker!

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2024 4:28 pm 

When Baker is on, he's fire. But even last night, he showed glimpses of those careless throws that result in interceptions. The Eagle's defense was so bad, they missed two surefire interceptions. Nice to see the young WRs get involved when Mike and Chris are double covered, but Tampa is gonna need more from both of them next week in Detroit.

There was a point in the fourth last night when the game still was within reach for Philly, and the faces of the Eagles players on the sidelines looked like they already lost. It was strange, almost like they didn't want to be there at all. I give all credit to the Bucs defense for last night, but damn, Philly threw that one to us for sure.

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2024 4:37 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
When Baker is on, he's fire. But even last night, he showed glimpses of those careless throws that result in interceptions. The Eagle's defense was so bad, they missed two surefire interceptions. Nice to see the young WRs get involved when Mike and Chris are double covered, but Tampa is gonna need more from both of them next week in Detroit.

There was a point in the fourth last night when the game still was within reach for Philly, and the faces of the Eagles players on the sidelines looked like they already lost. It was strange, almost like they didn't want to be there at all. I give all credit to the Bucs defense for last night, but damn, Philly threw that one to us for sure.

The philly collapse is remarkable. Couldn't happen to a better fan base.

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2024 4:59 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

There has to be something more to the story of their collapse. Injuries? A player sleeping with the wife of another player? An exorcism? Too much tush pushing?

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2024 5:01 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

There has to be something more to the story of their collapse. Injuries? A player sleeping with the wife of another player? An exorcism? Too much tush pushing?

i think it started with the 49ers exposing them and their "blueprint." i think just about every team that faced philly after that had them figured out, tush push or not.

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2024 9:49 pm 
Future Drummer

dad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i think it started with the 49ers exposing them and their "blueprint." i think just about every team that faced philly after that had them figured out, tush push or not.

Yeah though the push still worked quite a bit, moreso living in the heads of the defenders and getting penalties than TDs. But, unlike the last few years there was zero adjustment... like AT ALL, completely disheartening to fans and clearly to the team as was clearly visible last night.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 3:18 pm 

Baker said in an interview yesterday that he wants to be back in Tampa, but he wants Evans back if he is. Not that Tampa needed any more incentive to get Mike's deal done, but it helps. Evans should be a Buc for life.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 5:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Sirianni freaked out and relieved his DC of playcalling duties after the Cowboys loss, and it seems like that cemented the collapse, both in terms of Matt Patricia's defense being even worse and in terms of team morale.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 5:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Baker said in an interview yesterday that he wants to be back in Tampa, but he wants Evans back if he is. Not that Tampa needed any more incentive to get Mike's deal done, but it helps. Evans should be a Buc for life.

I really want them to bring them both back. With a second year with the same playbook, I think they could be really dangerous.

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 6:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Canales gone :wave:

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 6:31 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:

another vacancy off the board leaving fewer landing spots for ben johnson. keep 'em coming.

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 7:01 pm 

Mickey wrote:

Wonder if they'll interview Kellen Moore?

Also, sucks Canales went to someone in the division

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 7:01 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

another vacancy off the board leaving fewer landing spots for ben johnson. keep 'em coming.

Falcons are waiting for him

PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2024 7:04 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

he'll go to the commanders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports