The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2013 5:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It came out yesterday that Tampa is interested in TE Martellus Bennett and will make a play for him in FA, which i would be ok with, but i would really like to see them try for Jarred Cook instead. Anyone know much about Bennett aside from the fact he has way under performed compared to his potential

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2013 12:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Daquan Bowers arrested for having a loaded gun at La Guardia. How the hell does anyone forget to leave their gun at home before flying?

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2013 12:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Daquan Bowers arrested for having a loaded gun at La Guardia. How the hell does anyone forget to leave their gun at home before flying?

there is no way around it being dumb, but some of the stuff coming out gives me hope he will get it easier then plaxico did, the first is that the gun wasnt actually loaded except for by NY state law, he had 2 clips for it in the same bag so that is considered the same as having it loaded in NY, also as dumb as it is that he forgot he had it or what ever, he didnt try to go through security, he apparently realized it and went up to the police and told them he had it, i assume that was to find out what he needed to do. he should have left the airport, missed his plane and mailed the gun and the clips back home in separate packages.

this definitely makes me sad though because i had real high hopes for this guy since he was going to get to have his first fully healthy off season to get ready and i thought he would really show what he has the potential to do, but now he will probably get some jail time since it was in NY and probably get at least a 4 game suspension :shake:

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2013 5:23 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Schiano said yesterday that Freeman is the QB they want to build around.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Schiano said yesterday that Freeman is the QB they want to build around.

i do think Schiano is a pretty straight forward guy, and that might be his hope, but i still think he is going to bring competition in and if Freeman doesnt step up then they will start looking for a new answer at QB. i still kinda hope for someone in the draft this year that they can try to develop, and if nothing else they can try to trade them if Freeman does step up.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 3:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

i would be extremely happy if free agency opens in a few days with Tampa being able to get Jarred Cook, Glenn Dorsey, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie . i think they would all be affordable and should be on the Bucs radar, and another that i would at least like to see them make a play for since he isnt expected to be back with SF would be Dashon Goldson

if they could do that then they would be completely free to draft BPA in every round of the draft.

but last year hasnt completely made me forget about the cheapness they usually show when FA opens so its probably just me dreaming a bit too much

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 11:57 pm 
A Return To Form

VJax wasn't cheap, but he sure made a difference to the offense last season.

If they don't do something in FA, it's gonna be a long year for the defense.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 3:37 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Its sounding like some of the "experts" are thinking Tampa will be strong players in the Revis trade possibilities, not sure if i would be super excited, but if he comes back as the Revis of the last few years then it would be huge, i just don't love trading high draft picks

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 4:10 am 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Its sounding like some of the "experts" are thinking Tampa will be strong players in the Revis trade possibilities, not sure if i would be super excited, but if he comes back as the Revis of the last few years then it would be huge, i just don't love trading high draft picks
In my mind, the real concern about acquiring Revis is not the injury concern (see: Adrian Peterson), but the fact that it's possible that you might only get Revis for one year, as that's when his contract is slated to expire. Whatever team does trade for Revis should try to require some sort of extension as a condition.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 12:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
In my mind, the real concern about acquiring Revis is not the injury concern (see: Adrian Peterson), but the fact that it's possible that you might only get Revis for one year, as that's when his contract is slated to expire. Whatever team does trade for Revis should try to require some sort of extension as a condition.

yeah, i hope Tampa or who ever gets him isnt as dumb as it seems like most of the NBA teams are to trade for someone that they dont have a long term extension worked out, especially since draft picks are so much more valuable in the NFL then in the NBA. and i would probably be mad if Tampa made the move and it included their first this year or next year.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 1:33 am 

Doc you think they'll bring Ronde back for one more year?

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 2:35 am 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Doc you think they'll bring Ronde back for one more year?

I just hope he wants to, but if they get Goldson, and a CB or 2 in FA it could leave him out of the starting line up and he may prefer to retire. He could really help a lot of the younger guys if he could stick around, and maybe he could get a few more INTs and sacks and finish with 50/30

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 4:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

damn, this is starting to remind me of most Bucs FAs except last year, i thought they would have signed 2 or 3 players so far. i still think Goldson will be signed but there isnt much news from his visit, i thought they would have set up a vist with maybe DRC/Sean Smith/Grimes/Cox and maybe be talking to a pass rusher, but i guess they are too tied up with the possibility of getting Revis, i just hope they dont let the CBs start getting signed by other teams and then miss out on Revis also.

i just want a signing already :lol:

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 1:20 pm 

Apparently the Jets want the Bucs first round pick this year, which they won't give up. They may be willing to part with the first round pick from next year, though.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 1:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Apparently the Jets want the Bucs first round pick this year, which they won't give up. They may be willing to part with the first round pick from next year, though.

i hope they dont give up a first period, i hate the idea of giving up more then this years 2nd and another mid round pick, Revis might be the Revis of old, but he cant even work out now so who knows what we will be getting, and if they dont want to pay him the million dollar roster bonus on saturday, then they will trade him tomorrow for whatever we are willing to give them.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 2:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

spending the pick/money for a pass rusher would make more sense really in our division with the QB's receivers and TE's we have.

I think OLB's who can cover are going to become gold.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
spending the pick/money for a pass rusher would make more sense really in our division with the QB's receivers and TE's we have.

very true, but i guess im just holding out hope that Clayborn and Bowers can be a force if they can stay healthy, they have both flashed a bit. also part of why i hope there isnt a 1st rounder included if they do make a deal for Revis, they could add another pass rusher or Eifert since they really need a TE at #13 this year, and if they happen to bomb this year they could possibly end up with Clowney or if the bombing is because of Freeman then they will need a first to try to get another QB

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 5:33 pm 
Rank This Poster

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

very true, but i guess im just holding out hope that Clayborn and Bowers can be a force if they can stay healthy, they have both flashed a bit. also part of why i hope there isnt a 1st rounder included if they do make a deal for Revis, they could add another pass rusher or Eifert since they really need a TE at #13 this year, and if they happen to bomb this year they could possibly end up with Clowney or if the bombing is because of Freeman then they will need a first to try to get another QB

Is Bowers going to stay out of prison?

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 5:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Is Bowers going to stay out of prison?

i believe so, but havent heard anything exactly, but he is posting like a mad man on twitter and doesnt seem to have it on his mind. after the whole story came out, it sounded like somehting he was going to be able to get off, initial reports seemed bad, but it really wasnt, he didnt have it found in security, he realized it and told the ticket agent to see what to do( then the ticket agent turned him in), the gun wasnt really loaded, but since he was in NY then having the clips and the gun in the same back is the same as it being loaded and so on

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 5:47 pm 

Bucs also signed LB Casillas from the Saints and WR Ogletree from the Cowgirls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports