The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
 Post subject: Re: 2022 NFL Season
PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2023 3:44 pm 
Future Drummer

Sirianni blinking at 24-21 and simply going for the FG changed the momentum more than just about anything for me.

PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2023 5:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

for me when there were 8 mins left and it was 4th and 2, and they punted - i realize they were on their own ~30, but they had not stopped KC in the 2nd half, and given how aggressive they usually are, I would have considered a fake punt or a run there to keep control. maybe would have been a mistake but kicking it away back to KC there I just thought to myself they were kicking the game away

KC was the (much) better team in the 2nd half though and deserved to win

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2023 9:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

spike wrote:
I’m with you, warehouse. It totally killed the crazy fun game momentum. I wanted a frantic Mahomes running around with the clock winding down looking for an open receiver in the end zone, not a kneel downs and a chip shot FG. Or a highly dramatic overtime. The narc refs robbed us of those possibilities.

the eagles would have won if the refs didn't call the penalty! lol

maybe i should be glad there was a questionable call involved, instead of just more mahomes running around and ruining my night. at that point in the game the ending seemed inevitable. fuckin eagles

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 5:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Eagles will be back dude

in fact with Hurts still on Rookie salary could see them go mega balls out in Free Agency to beef up for a run

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 11:29 am 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:
Eagles will be back dude

in fact with Hurts still on Rookie salary could see them go mega balls out in Free Agency to beef up for a run

Yup. Chiefs may have peaked if their OC leaves.

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 3:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

spike wrote:
let em play

Exactly. Holding a guy is literally preventing him from playing.

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 3:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

warehouse wrote:
epilogue wrote:
KC had a TD taken away. Refs also gave Goddard a catch that wasn't a catch. Bad/missed calls happen. The holding call wasn't one of them.

the former nfl player calling the game would disagree with you, but what would he know lol

i dont know why people are ignoring 1)the severity of the penalty and 2)the fact penalties are called less toward the end of games. the "hold" had no effect on the play whatsoever, and it was 3rd down with under 2 minutes to play. the eagles shouldn't have put themselves in that situation and everything that happened before the penalty is just as much, if not more so, the reason they lost. but can we stop pretending this was a blatant "holding" call?

No effect? JuJu likely makes the catch if he's not held. That's not an effect?

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 3:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

None of it matters at this point. We'll likely never convince the other. So, I'll just say I thought overall it was a fantastic game. Kudos to the Eagles on a fantastic season and a great, great game. Y'all will be back.

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 3:49 pm 
Future Drummer

epilogue wrote:
None of it matters at this point. We'll likely never convince the other. So, I'll just say I thought overall it was a fantastic game. Kudos to the Eagles on a fantastic season and a great, great game. Y'all will be back.

:thumbsup:
One thing I am definitely looking forward to is next year, exciting times.

PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2023 3:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

oasisfan35 wrote:
epilogue wrote:

:thumbsup:
One thing I am definitely looking forward to is next year, exciting times.

For sure. I'm excited to see what your boys do. Great team. Promising coach. Jalen fucking Hurts!

Should be a ton of fun.

PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2023 12:29 am 
Rank This Poster

epilogue wrote:
warehouse wrote:
epilogue wrote:
KC had a TD taken away. Refs also gave Goddard a catch that wasn't a catch. Bad/missed calls happen. The holding call wasn't one of them.

the former nfl player calling the game would disagree with you, but what would he know lol

i dont know why people are ignoring 1)the severity of the penalty and 2)the fact penalties are called less toward the end of games. the "hold" had no effect on the play whatsoever, and it was 3rd down with under 2 minutes to play. the eagles shouldn't have put themselves in that situation and everything that happened before the penalty is just as much, if not more so, the reason they lost. but can we stop pretending this was a blatant "holding" call?

lol juju wasn't making that catch if bradberry helped him. that's why the holding call stood, if it was PI it would have gotten overturned b/c the ball was uncatchable. this is literally the first time i've seen someone argue that pass was catchable.

PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2023 12:53 am 
Mind Your Tanners

elliseamos wrote:
Lock it up.

On to 2023, where we all wonder if New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers will choose full-on Brooklyn hipster or Manhattan boujie.

This was Monday. Still waiting...

PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2023 2:25 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

warehouse wrote:
epilogue wrote:
warehouse wrote:
epilogue wrote:

lol juju wasn't making that catch if bradberry helped him. that's why the holding call stood, if it was PI it would have gotten overturned b/c the ball was uncatchable. this is literally the first time i've seen someone argue that pass was catchable.

I'll have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure it's only uncatchable because of the hold.

PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2023 2:26 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

But again it's moot at this point.

PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2023 1:48 pm 
Rank This Poster

agreed, i think the eagles were done at that point.

lock this pile of shit up

PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2023 2:25 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

congrats to the chiefs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports