Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Denver Broncos

Mon November 20, 2017 3:12 pm

MitchCumstein wrote:Welp. So let me try this... Dump for Darnold? Tanker for Baker? Get rid of every fucking offensive lineman?
Tanking doesn't guarantee a top QB, NFL history is littered with top 5 QB busts. I'll take winning over draft position any day. Especially if that winning involves sweeping the Raiders, a chance that's still alive and to be determined next weekend.

Mon November 20, 2017 3:30 pm

...and Mike McCoy just got fired. Bill Musgrave now the OC. Hoping that McCoy was simply now a square peg in a round hole.

Mon November 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Green Habit wrote:...and Mike McCoy just got fired. Bill Musgrave now the OC. Hoping that McCoy was simply now a square peg in a round hole.

:shock: Just saw this. Something big had to happen (other than cutting a mediocre TE). The whispers that McCoy's system was too complicated have been going around for a few weeks now. We shall see, but I'm still kind of thinking ending up 6-10 or 7-9 with a #10-14 draft position won't help. But who knows. If Elway can get his Free Agent mojo back and land Cousins, that could be a big boost. I told my wife yesterday, this is the first time I've considered not even watching a Broncos game since the Orton/McDaniels era. I just keep reminding myself, "We won the whole damn thing 2 years ago. It's not like we're the Browns." (apologies to any Browns fans, but...)

Mon November 20, 2017 10:21 pm

I don't know if I want Cousins due to the cost, but I do know that Elway's not going to hold pat with the current QB situation. If he shook up Tebowmania, he can shake up this.

Mon November 20, 2017 10:53 pm

While the QB situation HAS to be addressed, the O-line is really the big clusterfuck. I think Bolles has been good for a rookie and Paradis is a keeper. But beyond that, they need to really rebuild that group. Cousins demanding too much money is a great point. They can't have two players making $20 plus million, and I don't see them trading Von. *Sigh* I guess let's just see how the rest of the season plays out. And yes, I could NEVER EVER bring myself to root for the Raiders, or even the Chiefs for that matter.

Tue November 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Leary is fine. They have 3 out of 5 OL set for 2018, and are in better shape there than they were in 2016. Watson hasn't been great but he's also been hurt a lot, we'll see if he gets a mulligan. Hopefully they can draft one more to give either him or Max Garcia competition.

Wed November 22, 2017 12:32 am

this happens every so often..*shrugs*

Wed November 22, 2017 12:49 am

doug rr wrote:this happens every so often..*shrugs*
It's quite rare (and unacceptable) in Broncos Country though--Von Miller's their only top 10 pick in like a quarter century.

Mon November 27, 2017 4:49 am

Aquib Talib is a special kind of crazy. The video has come out that Crabtree sucker-punched Chris Harris the play before though. So I'm not as mad at him as I was in the moment. And honestly, the chain snatching thing is kinda funny.

Plus, it's fun to see some venom back in the Broncos/Raiders rivalry. Even if they both suck.

Sun March 18, 2018 3:05 am

I like the Keenum signing. But if Quenton Nelson is still on the board and they take anyone else in the draft, my Elway loyalty is pretty shaky if not done.

Wed March 28, 2018 6:05 pm

I'm currently watching this game on YouTube

Sat May 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Sat May 12, 2018 7:09 pm

That is wicked badass

Fri June 14, 2019 1:56 pm

:cry:

Fri August 02, 2019 12:46 am

go broncos

Fri August 02, 2019 12:06 pm

doug rr wrote:go broncos

Fri August 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Did they win last night?

Fri August 02, 2019 7:14 pm

washing machine wrote:Did they win last night?

Yes, because someone is still paying Matt Schaub's corpse to play QB.

Sun August 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Champ Bailey won the Hall of Fame enshrinement speech, that's for sure.

Sat February 01, 2020 11:30 pm

I adore Von Miller. If I could poach any player from the AFC I would pick him. What a phenomenal player and personalty.
Post a reply