The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos
PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2016 9:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Oh Christ. Even I don't want you guys to get stuck with Johnny Football. Gross. Fingers crossed for you.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2016 9:37 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

That's just the ESPN hype machine trying to drum up something football related to talk about. What is incredible is that the story was reported as not true yesterday by numerous people, yet ESPN still talked "what if" all day long today.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2016 10:05 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
That's just the ESPN hype machine trying to drum up something football related to talk about. What is incredible is that the story was reported as not true yesterday by numerous people, yet ESPN still talked "what if" all day long today.

Fucking ESPN...

PostPosted: Sat April 09, 2016 1:05 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

you watch espn all day long? masochist.

PostPosted: Sat April 09, 2016 6:25 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

you watch espn all day long? masochist.

No, but i listen to espn radio on the way to work and the way home. It is usually different gas bags saying the same thing

PostPosted: Sat April 09, 2016 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 1:45 am 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:

what are your thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Mecca wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

I would have preferred to keep Clady, but once they signed Okung (who I like as well), it was inevitable that he was going to be gone. At least they got some compensation for his departure.

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 4:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

I would have preferred to keep Clady, but once they signed Okung (who I like as well), it was inevitable that he was going to be gone. At least they got some compensation for his departure.

Yeah, that doesn't seem like a bad deal at all. I wouldn't be upset by it either.

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 9:32 pm 
Future Drummer

Good deal for both teams.

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 10:07 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Johnny Manziel, Von Miller become roommates
ESPN.com

Johnny Manziel has found a roommate who is on a quest to get the troubled quarterback back into the NFL.

"I'm living out here with my guy, Von Miller. Everybody knows Von Miller. Super Bowl MVP, Von Miller, my brother. I'm living with him right now," Manziel told TMZ on Saturday night. "We're getting our lives together, bro."

Manziel's comments were made in West Hollywood. Manziel briefly commandeered the TMZ camera before the videographer started asking him questions.

A day earlier, Miller advocated for the reigning Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos to sign his fellow Texas A&M alum.

"If I had to make my decision on it, he would already be on the Broncos," Miller told reporters Friday. "But we've got guys in the front office that make those decisions, and they put us in championships with those decisions.

"So I'm just going to follow those guys and have those guys take the lead."

The quarterback-needy Broncos were linked to Manziel this past week, when two team sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Denver coach Gary Kubiak spoke with the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Kubiak and Manziel, who both are former Texas A&M quarterbacks, spoke about Manziel being a potential fit for the Broncos down the line, the sources said. Before the Broncos would seriously consider adding Manziel, they want to see how his pending legal issues and potential NFL discipline are resolved, according to sources.

Manziel called the Broncos a "great organization" Saturday, adding that "anywhere I get picked up, bro, is a blessing."

"Whatever happens, I love ball," he said. "I want to play."

Manziel, who said he has been out in West Hollywood five to six nights in a row, said he doesn't think NFL teams have a problem with his partying.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with partying, bro," Manziel said. "There's a difference between partying and being out of control."

Miller, the MVP of Super Bowl 50, has been vocal this offseason in his support of Manziel, who was released last month by the Cleveland Browns. Miller backed Manziel in a recent interview with ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike, saying "I don't think Johnny Football's days are over in the National Football League."

The Broncos are in the market for a quarterback after the retirement of Peyton Manning and the free-agent departure of Brock Osweiler, who joined the Houston Texans. Mark Sanchez, acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, and Trevor Siemian are the only quarterbacks on Denver's roster.

The Broncos also have had trade discussions with the San Francisco 49ers regarding Colin Kaepernick but would need the quarterback to agree to a pay cut from his scheduled $11.9 million salary for 2016 -- a sticking point that has stalled talks. Denver also is expected to consider quarterbacks in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 10:34 pm 
slower than 82% of US

durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't seem like a bad deal at all. I wouldn't be upset by it either.

but only for a 5th round pick?

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Mecca wrote:
They were going to have to cut him eventually to get cap space for rookies. A 5th while giving up a 7th is about the best you can do for a team merely looking to not have to compete in the open market for him.

PostPosted: Sun April 10, 2016 11:44 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:
They were going to have to cut him eventually to get cap space for rookies. A 5th while giving up a 7th is about the best you can do for a team merely looking to not have to compete in the open market for him.

i get what you're saying, but an effective tackle like Clady is worth more like a 3rd or 4th to me without sending a pick with him. did they not have other teams interested enough where they could say "the jets are willing to do this, can you beat it?"

PostPosted: Mon April 11, 2016 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Mecca wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Mecca wrote:

i get what you're saying, but an effective tackle like Clady is worth more like a 3rd or 4th to me without sending a pick with him. did they not have other teams interested enough where they could say "the jets are willing to do this, can you beat it?"
They signed Okung quite a while ago, and had plenty of time to gauge the market. If they thought they could have done better than this, than it probably would have happened already.

PostPosted: Mon April 11, 2016 3:12 am 
Future Drummer

They couldn't do better, or they would've. It's better than cutting him and getting nothing.

PostPosted: Mon April 11, 2016 5:56 am 
slower than 82% of US

Orpheus wrote:
They couldn't do better, or they would've. It's better than cutting him and getting nothing.

well yeah, i'm just surprised is all

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2016 12:11 am 
Site Admin

:throwup:

Good thing I probably won't be able to watch this game, since I'm already marking that as an L. The rest of the schedule seems OK.

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2016 12:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Green Habit wrote:

Good thing I probably won't be able to watch this game, since I'm already marking that as an L. The rest of the schedule seems OK.

mark sanchez will throw 5 td's and joey's christmas will be ruined

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2016 12:21 am 
Site Admin

doug rr wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

mark sanchez will throw 5 td's and joey's christmas will be ruined
Arrowhead in December is lethal for visiting teams, and the Broncos don't have the Peyton Manning trump card anymore. I would not be confident about that week at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports