The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos
PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 6:15 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
So for the OC vacancy they just promoted Adam Gase internally. Fair enough, we can probably keep continuity there.

Plus, you've still got Peyton - general and on field/game time OC. You guys are gonna be fine.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
So for the OC vacancy they just promoted Adam Gase internally. Fair enough, we can probably keep continuity there.
Plus, you've still got Peyton - general and on field/game time OC. You guys are gonna be fine.
Yeah, this is why I'm avoiding Broncos fan sites right now, because I'm sure there is going to be a whole lot of "sky is falling" rhetoric that is hysterical. If they get a better MLB and a better FS in place I feel quite confident for next year.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 7:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Yeah, this is why I'm avoiding Broncos fan sites right now, because I'm sure there is going to be a whole lot of "sky is falling" rhetoric that is hysterical. If they get a better MLB and a better FS in place I feel quite confident for next year.

There's no reason not to be a confident Bronco fan right now. You're clearly the class of the AFC West. And Peyton Manning proved he hasn't lost much (if anything). Another year in the system with these guys and it'll be scary.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
There's no reason not to be a confident Bronco fan right now. You're clearly the class of the AFC West. And Peyton Manning proved he hasn't lost much (if anything). Another year in the system with these guys and it'll be scary.
I still think Andy Reid is going to whip the Chiefs back into shape quickly, though....especially if he gets a good QB.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 7:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I still think Andy Reid is going to whip the Chiefs back into shape quickly, though....especially if he gets a good QB.

The QB is the key.

I'm trying to manage expectations. If Reid and our new QB can get us 5-7 wins, I'll be happy. Anything over that, I'll be ecstatic!

But I think in 2 years we'll be honest competitors for the AFC West title, and we'll have a legitimate chance at even winning a playoff game.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

The QB is the key.

I'm trying to manage expectations. If Reid and our new QB can get us 5-7 wins, I'll be happy. Anything over that, I'll be ecstatic!

But I think in 2 years we'll be honest competitors for the AFC West title, and we'll have a legitimate chance at even winning a playoff game.
Gahhhh, now the Chargers just hired Whisenhunt as OC. Your whole "[Broncos are] clearly the class of AFC West" statement is looking worse now. Maybe all three teams can make the playoffs and send the Raiders on an 0-16 spiral.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 1:24 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

The QB is the key.

Gahhhh, now the Chargers just hired Whisenhunt as OC. Your whole "[Broncos are] clearly the class of AFC West" statement is looking worse now. Maybe all three teams can make the playoffs and send the Raiders on an 0-16 spiral.

You know all the right things to say.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Do. Not. Like. :gomez: I think Doom's worth the money.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2013 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

I like Louis Vasquez, but why did the Broncos go after him so quickly? Beadles and Kuper seem fine to me--maybe Kuper's injury problems are more chronic than we know.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

News of the new Pope has been interrupted by this bombshell: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 6:56 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Green Habit wrote:
News of the new Pope has been interrupted by this bombshell: :shock:

as a pats fan I cannot fault welker for leaving us behind and would wish him luck with whatever he does.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 7:03 pm 
AnalLog

Denver has always made the most sense outside of New England for Welker...I can only imagine how badly he'll tear apart that Patriots secondary next season if he signs there

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thomas, Welker, and Decker as the X-Y-Z would indeed be lethal. I just hope it doesn't mean that Decker could bolt at the end of next season.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 7:54 pm 
AnalLog

Green Habit wrote:
Thomas, Welker, and Decker as the X-Y-Z would indeed be lethal. I just hope it doesn't mean that Decker could bolt at the end of next season.

Lethal until Manning chokes away another playoff game GH
;) :haha:

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 7:57 pm 
Future Drummer

it's a shame peyton's insistence on throwing key playoff interceptions will limit welker's opportunities to drop key playoff passes

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 9:15 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'd love to be snide about Welker. But the fact is, the Broncos have made major moves. They may be in a "win now" mode, but they're going to own the AFC West for the next two years.

Denver even looks primed for AFC Champion status for the next 2 years.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'd love to be snide about Welker. But the fact is, the Broncos have made major moves. They may be in a "win now" mode, but they're going to own the AFC West for the next two years.

Denver even looks primed for AFC Champion status for the next 2 years.
I love the Knighton move, and I think Bradley's a bit underrated, as well. I like Vasquez, but didn't think he was a huge need unless there's something about Kuper that I don't know.

Even if they are AFC favorites, I bet they still lose at Arrowhead. :gomez:

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 2:47 am 
Site Admin

And now they got DRC. Damn, the Broncos are not fucking around with free agency. I bet they have the longest streak in the league of not getting compensatory draft picks from the league.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 2:59 am 
AnalLog

Green Habit wrote:
And now they got DRC. Damn, the Broncos are not fucking around with free agency. I bet they have the longest streak in the league of not getting compensatory draft picks from the league.

did they get DRC for free?

about all he's worth.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 3:22 am 
Gone

Yeah, DRC has never really impressed me much. He's too mistake prone despite all his athleticism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports