The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:56 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
were both tipped balls? i did think he did well considering the opponent and being his debut...i just can't jump on the "awesome" train
The 2nd one wasn't but it was instead a safety blitz altering his throw. And I'm not boarding the "awesome" train either, but I can understand some Broncos fans feeling a bit salty since a lot of the narrative was "No seventh round QB has ever done this!!!!" conclusion jumping.

fwiw, I thought going into the season he was/is their best option. He has a lot of upside and he seems to not get worked up over things, even when he makes mistakes.

No you didn't. No one did.

between him, lynch, and sanchez? yes, I absolutely thought he was the best option because he was there last year and at least was familiar with the system. LOL @ Sanchez being an option.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
were both tipped balls? i did think he did well considering the opponent and being his debut...i just can't jump on the "awesome" train
The 2nd one wasn't but it was instead a safety blitz altering his throw. And I'm not boarding the "awesome" train either, but I can understand some Broncos fans feeling a bit salty since a lot of the narrative was "No seventh round QB has ever done this!!!!" conclusion jumping.

fwiw, I thought going into the season he was/is their best option. He has a lot of upside and he seems to not get worked up over things, even when he makes mistakes.
When the other options were the Sanchize and a first round rookie, "no one" is a bit of an exaggeration. And I say this as someone who really liked the selection of Lynch.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Ruddo beat me to it, except Dak Prescott's on the Cowboys. However, if Seattle wanted to trade with Dallas instead, Lynch and Prescott likely would have had their teams swapped, the rumors were Broncos liked him too.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Green Habit wrote:
Ruddo beat me to it, except Dak Prescott's on the Cowboys. However, if Seattle wanted to trade with Dallas instead, Lynch and Prescott likely would have had their teams swapped, the rumors were Broncos liked him too.

ha. yeah I just edited my post.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:59 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

between him, prescott, and sanchez? yes, I absolutely thought he was the best option because he was there last year and at least was familiar with the system. LOL @ Sanchez being an option.

Prescott lol

Okay Football Nostradomus, who's your pick to win the Super Bowl? My wife will be in Vegas this week and I'd like to place some bets.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:00 pm 

spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

between him, prescott, and sanchez? yes, I absolutely thought he was the best option because he was there last year and at least was familiar with the system. LOL @ Sanchez being an option.

Prescott lol

Okay Football Nostradomus, who's your pick to win the Super Bowl? My wife will be in Vegas this week and I'd like to place some bets.

Do you really think it is a stretch to say the best guy is the guy who was in the system last year vs. Mark Sanchez or Paxton Lynch? Come on, dude.

and the Patriots will win the Super Bowl this year.

The Master

you're really out of line here, spike

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:04 pm 
The Master

I guess I just underestimate Ruddo's overall knowledge of the league. I figured only Broncos fans knew who the dude even was.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:07 pm 

spike wrote:
I guess I just underestimate Ruddo's overall knowledge of the league. I figured only Broncos fans knew who the dude even was.

I didn't know much about him other than he was with the Broncos last year. So, again, unless you think I'm a complete idiot, it isn't hard to see how anyone would think that a guy familiar with the system was better than a rookie or Mark Sanchez (lol).

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:29 pm 
Rank This Poster

I don't remember to be honest. I guess I was expecting very little and I was very impressed by how he looked throwing the ball. Sorry for the hyperbole. That screen pass to CJ Anderson was perfect execution in the very first game against an incredibly talented front 7.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 7:06 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

His first throw of the game---screen pass to Thomas that he had to sidearm because of the defender in the passing lane---really caught my attention. He deceptively quick as well. He looked really good.

PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 7:11 pm 
The Master

Kaius wrote:
His first throw of the game---screen pass to Thomas that he had to sidearm because of the defender in the passing lane---really caught my attention. He deceptively quick as well. He looked really good.

yeah that screen was great

PostPosted: Tue September 13, 2016 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Broncos might actually be one of the few teams that has badass Color Rush uniforms.

PostPosted: Tue September 13, 2016 4:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm just not a fan of that much orange. But, yeah, that doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it could, or as bad as some of the other color rush unis.

PostPosted: Tue September 13, 2016 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm just not a fan of that much orange. But, yeah, that doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it could, or as bad as some of the other color rush unis.
At least the Chargers aren't going powder blue. A lot of people were fearing that that game could have looked like this:

PostPosted: Tue September 13, 2016 5:14 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:haha:

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon September 26, 2016 1:24 am 
A Return To Form

Green Habit wrote:

:thumbsup:

I'm cynical by nature so up until today I saw Siemian as basically "Kyle Orton who could throw an unbelievably tight spiral". But man, today got me to raise an eyebrow. He led long, clutch scoring drives at the right times in the game. Plus he made both WRs happy, or shut them up depending on your POV.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2016 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

I think it's safe to say by now that the Broncos' QB situation is nowhere near the bottom rungs of the league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports