The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos
PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 12:06 am 
See you in another life, brother

I don't mind the run on the 3rd down. Kick it away, they have 70 seconds and no timeouts to drive 80+ yards to tie the game. I love the idea of going for the win, but I can't kill Fox for that. Now, the handling of the last 30 seconds in both halves on the other hand...

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 12:27 am 
Polluted

Still can't believe that the Ravens went to Mile High, played 5 quarters, and won. Ray Lewis is a dick.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 12:48 am 
Rank This Poster

peyton is still my hero

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 12:52 am 
Mind Your Tanners

warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

yeah, his playoff record winning percentage exceeds his regular season winning percentage. big time player, who gets better when it counts most

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 1:03 am 
Rank This Poster

Coach wrote:
warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

yeah, his playoff record winning percentage exceeds his regular season winning percentage. big time player, who gets better when it counts most

they must be talking about this alot on sports radio up there. i dont even know what his winning % is, nor do i really care. anyone who has a remote speck of football knowledge will acknowledge how good of a qb peyton manning is. the fact he threw a pick yesterday to lose the game isnt lost here, but you are clearly blinded by it.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 2:17 am 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

they must be talking about this alot on sports radio up there. i dont even know what his winning % is, nor do i really care. anyone who has a remote speck of football knowledge will acknowledge how good of a qb peyton manning is. the fact he threw a pick yesterday to lose the game isnt lost here, but you are clearly blinded by it.

really? are we blinded by one pick? or by a career full of abject playoff failures? Eight one and dones...something like 1-5 after his team gets a bye...Ty Law alone is offended by the idea that one pick blinds people with regards to Manning

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 2:24 am 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

really? are we blinded by one pick? or by a career full of abject playoff failures? Eight one and dones...something like 1-5 after his team gets a bye...Ty Law alone is offended by the idea that one pick blinds people with regards to Manning

yes, you are blind. the guy is a favorite to win mvp this season. his records and stats speak for themselves. he also plays football, the ultimate team game...

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 2:47 am 
Mind Your Tanners

warehouse wrote:
the guy is a favorite to win mvp this season.
awesome logic.

warehouse wrote:
his records and stats speak for themselves.
regular season ones or those for the playoffs?

warehouse wrote:
he also plays football, the ultimate team game...
awesome logic considering your opening statement.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 3:56 am 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

yes, you are blind. the guy is a favorite to win mvp this season. his records and stats speak for themselves. he also plays football, the ultimate team game...

yup, his under .500 postseason record does speak for itself...ironically, that record and how he performs in playoff games is what Manning worshippers are usually blind to...again, one and done EIGHT times, or in other words, one and done as many times as Montana and Elway combined, and 4 times as much as Brady...13 points directly off his turnovers Saturday night...Donovan McNabb didn't barf all over himself in the playoffs as bad as Manning does...and at least he didn't need a dome to win a playoff game

he's going to win MVP and he only took his team as far as Tim Tebow did last year...except Tebow won a playoff game on his home field...and no, I'm not calling Tim Tebow better than Peyton Manning...but the idea that Manning is the MVP of this league this year is a JOKE...wow, he earned a first round bye in the crappiest division in football and the easiest sche

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 2:55 pm 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

yup, his under .500 postseason record does speak for itself...ironically, that record and how he performs in playoff games is what Manning worshippers are usually blind to...again, one and done EIGHT times, or in other words, one and done as many times as Montana and Elway combined, and 4 times as much as Brady...13 points directly off his turnovers Saturday night...Donovan McNabb didn't barf all over himself in the playoffs as bad as Manning does...and at least he didn't need a dome to win a playoff game

he's going to win MVP and he only took his team as far as Tim Tebow did last year...except Tebow won a playoff game on his home field...and no, I'm not calling Tim Tebow better than Peyton Manning...but the idea that Manning is the MVP of this league this year is a JOKE...wow, he earned a first round bye in the crappiest division in football and the easiest sche

:lol: LOL coach has some competition it seems. its funny the only record you mention is how his team does in the playoffs and ignore everything else the dudes accomplished. I get it though, you hate him b/c you love tom brady and have been fooled that you can only like one or the other.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 2:56 pm 
Rank This Poster

ellis, im not responding to u trollin bud

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 3:51 pm 
Banned from the Pit

4/5 wrote:
I don't mind the run on the 3rd down. Kick it away, they have 70 seconds and no timeouts to drive 80+ yards to tie the game. I love the idea of going for the win, but I can't kill Fox for that. Now, the handling of the last 30 seconds in both halves on the other hand...

I also don't understand why Elway is backing that decision :shake:

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 3:52 pm 
Broken Tamborine

And if Rahim Moore doesn't make the single worst play of the NFL season and somehow allow a WR to get behind him when that's the only way you can possible lose?

The Denver wins, and Manning did his job in tough conditions against a good team and even after a key player went out.

But by all means, continue to act like that loss was somehow Peyton Manning's fault.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 3:57 pm 
Broken Tamborine

homersheineken wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I don't think they had a prayer of getting anything done in either of those scenarios. I was upset in the moment with not going for it, but I've kind of cooled on it.

Manning couldn't throw the ball deep, the whole game. His neck + the cold? Our inability to block? I don't know why but we never went down the field. I mean, I think it's worth trying because even a couple of 15 yd completions get you to a point where you might have an outside chance at a crazy FG.

But that gets me to the end of half decision that really bothered me by Fox ... going for the FG at the end of the first half. That kick barely had a prayer in single digit weather. You're up 7 and getting the ball. Punt and make the Ravens drive the length of the field with very little time.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

mray10 wrote:
And if Rahim Moore doesn't make the single worst play of the NFL season and somehow allow a WR to get behind him when that's the only way you can possible lose?

The Denver wins, and Manning did his job in tough conditions against a good team and even after a key player went out.

But by all means, continue to act like that loss was somehow Peyton Manning's fault.

is that dude the corner or the safety?

also, i think elway is just backing his head coach in public.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:04 pm 
Banned from the Pit

mray10 wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I don't think they had a prayer of getting anything done in either of those scenarios. I was upset in the moment with not going for it, but I've kind of cooled on it.

Manning couldn't throw the ball deep, the whole game. His neck + the cold? Our inability to block? I don't know why but we never went down the field. I mean, I think it's worth trying because even a couple of 15 yd completions get you to a point where you might have an outside chance at a crazy FG.

But that gets me to the end of half decision that really bothered me by Fox ... going for the FG at the end of the first half. That kick barely had a prayer in single digit weather. You're up 7 and getting the ball. Punt and make the Ravens drive the length of the field with very little time.

Atlanta gained 41 yards in 12 seconds. Don't tell me they didn't have a prayer. Let's say they can only get 15 yards in each of 2plays. They are now at midfield in Denver - where even in the artic air, the ball was sailing out of the endzone on kickoffs.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:06 pm 
Broken Tamborine

warehouse wrote:
mray10 wrote:

is that dude the corner or the safety?

also, i think elway is just backing his head coach in public.

The safety. He started the play lined up 10 yards closer to the line of scrimmage than the safety on the other side, got beat deep, and then kind of coasted into position as if he thought he had an easy INT ... until the ball went over his head.

Elway might be. I'm not sure that wasn't Peyton's call to take a knee. I have to believe if he thought he could do it, that the call was Peyton's to make.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:06 pm 
Banned from the Pit

mray10 wrote:

Also, once he was beat (which is horrible in the situation) ... what was with the lame jump to knock the ball down?? Accept you made a mistake, turn around and drill the WR - instead his lame jump made him fall into the CB. He may drop it or the worst thing that happens is he's out at the 10 and you live to play another down.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:07 pm 
Rank This Poster

homersheineken wrote:
mray10 wrote:

Also, once he was beat (which is horrible in the situation) ... what was with the lame jump to knock the ball down?? Accept you made a mistake, turn around and drill the WR - instead his lame jump made him fall into the CB. He may drop it or the worst thing that happens is he's out at the 10 and you live to play another down.

after watching this replay a number of times, this blows my mind. you are beat deep, now your job is to not let him score. im not sure ive seen worse DB play in the nfl

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:09 pm 
Broken Tamborine

homersheineken wrote:
mray10 wrote:

Yeah, in the moment, the way he was tracking the ball in the air, I thought he had a play on it. Couldn't believe the way it went over his head. Some of the replays showed more that he was out of position to begin with, but he definitely had a chance to try to recover and play the receiver, as you say.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports