The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos
PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:09 pm 
Broken Tamborine

warehouse wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
mray10 wrote:
And if Rahim Moore doesn't make the single worst play of the NFL season and somehow allow a WR to get behind him when that's the only way you can possible lose?

The Denver wins, and Manning did his job in tough conditions against a good team and even after a key player went out.

But by all means, continue to act like that loss was somehow Peyton Manning's fault.

Also, once he was beat (which is horrible in the situation) ... what was with the lame jump to knock the ball down?? Accept you made a mistake, turn around and drill the WR - instead his lame jump made him fall into the CB. He may drop it or the worst thing that happens is he's out at the 10 and you live to play another down.

after watching this replay a number of times, this blows my mind. you are beat deep, now your job is to not let him score. im not sure ive seen worse DB play in the nfl

Did you see the Ravens other touchdowns? They offer some compelling competition.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:13 pm 
See you in another life, brother

I think it may quite literally be the worst play by a safety I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

mray10 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
homersheineken wrote:
mray10 wrote:
And if Rahim Moore doesn't make the single worst play of the NFL season and somehow allow a WR to get behind him when that's the only way you can possible lose?

The Denver wins, and Manning did his job in tough conditions against a good team and even after a key player went out.

But by all means, continue to act like that loss was somehow Peyton Manning's fault.

Also, once he was beat (which is horrible in the situation) ... what was with the lame jump to knock the ball down?? Accept you made a mistake, turn around and drill the WR - instead his lame jump made him fall into the CB. He may drop it or the worst thing that happens is he's out at the 10 and you live to play another down.

after watching this replay a number of times, this blows my mind. you are beat deep, now your job is to not let him score. im not sure ive seen worse DB play in the nfl

Did you see the Ravens other touchdowns? They offer some compelling competition.

probably, but i was smoking weed all day so i kinda forget lol

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:31 pm 
Broken Tamborine

4/5 wrote:
I think it may quite literally be the worst play by a safety I've ever seen.

I'm not sure I can imagine a worse one, given the situation, how he was out of position even at the snap, and the way he misplayed it from that point. Just terrible.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 4:38 pm 
The Master

I didn't watch the Broncos much this year but I think this weekend's game was karma for using their orange jersey as their permanent home uni.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 5:18 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
warehouse wrote:
peyton is still my hero

yeah, his playoff record winning percentage exceeds his regular season winning percentage. big time player, who gets better when it counts most

they must be talking about this alot on sports radio up there. i dont even know what his winning % is, nor do i really care. anyone who has a remote speck of football knowledge will acknowledge how good of a qb peyton manning is. the fact he threw a pick yesterday to lose the game isnt lost here, but you are clearly blinded by it.

really? are we blinded by one pick? or by a career full of abject playoff failures? Eight one and dones...something like 1-5 after his team gets a bye...Ty Law alone is offended by the idea that one pick blinds people with regards to Manning

yes, you are blind. the guy is a favorite to win mvp this season. his records and stats speak for themselves. he also plays football, the ultimate team game...

yup, his under .500 postseason record does speak for itself...ironically, that record and how he performs in playoff games is what Manning worshippers are usually blind to...again, one and done EIGHT times, or in other words, one and done as many times as Montana and Elway combined, and 4 times as much as Brady...13 points directly off his turnovers Saturday night...Donovan McNabb didn't barf all over himself in the playoffs as bad as Manning does...and at least he didn't need a dome to win a playoff game

he's going to win MVP and he only took his team as far as Tim Tebow did last year...except Tebow won a playoff game on his home field...and no, I'm not calling Tim Tebow better than Peyton Manning...but the idea that Manning is the MVP of this league this year is a JOKE...wow, he earned a first round bye in the crappiest division in football and the easiest sche

:lol: LOL coach has some competition it seems. its funny the only record you mention is how his team does in the playoffs and ignore everything else the dudes accomplished. I get it though, you hate him b/c you love tom brady and have been fooled that you can only like one or the other.

actually, I don't like either...I just have a lot more respect for Brady than I do for Manning...and the playoffs and championships are what matters...not MVPs, not record breaking regular season performances (just ask Brady on that one), championships

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 5:23 pm 
AnalLog

mray10 wrote:

Without Manning's pick 6 and his fumble, Rahim Moore doesn't matter

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 5:24 pm 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

:haha: man you are a joke

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 5:37 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

Tell me again how that statement is inaccurate

Put it this way, I'll put in in NHL terms for you

I really don't give a fuck that the Vancouver Canucks (a team I root for) have won two consecutive President's Trophies, or that the Sedins have each won an MVP...that means dick to me. I do give a fuck that they lost in the Stanley Cup Finals two years ago

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 5:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

I really don't give a fuck that the Vancouver Canucks (a team I root for) have won two consecutive President's Trophies, or that the Sedins have each won an MVP...that means dick to me. I do give a fuck that they lost in the Stanley Cup Finals two years ago

that statement is a joke and you know it. you could play that “well if this didn’t happen, then this wouldn’t have happened” game all day. Rahim moore’s play was one of the worst defensive plays in the history of football, thats why people bring it up.
the sedin sisters are great hockey players even though neither has won a cup. eric godard has his name on the cup, but he’s a terrible hockey player. great point.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 6:54 pm 
See you in another life, brother

MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

The pick 6 that bounced off Decker's hands? :?

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 8:50 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

that statement is a joke and you know it. you could play that “well if this didn’t happen, then this wouldn’t have happened” game all day. Rahim moore’s play was one of the worst defensive plays in the history of football, thats why people bring it up.
the sedin sisters are great hockey players even though neither has won a cup. eric godard has his name on the cup, but he’s a terrible hockey player. great point.

My point is is for all of the regular season success, it means nothing if you don't win in the playoffs. Your career is defined by what you did when the games mattered most. Just ask Dan Marino...and I'm a huge Marino fan...but the dude shrunk when it mattered most a lot more than he stepped up

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 8:51 pm 
AnalLog

4/5 wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

The pick 6 that bounced off Decker's hands? :?

bah, details :P

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 10:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

My point is is for all of the regular season success, it means nothing if you don't win in the playoffs. Your career is defined by what you did when the games mattered most. Just ask Dan Marino...and I'm a huge Marino fan...but the dude shrunk when it mattered most a lot more than he stepped up

that would be a good point if peyton manning hadnt already won a super bowl.

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 12:58 am 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
mray10 wrote:

that would be a good point if peyton manning hadnt already won a super bowl.

Marino would've won one too if he got to play Rex Grossman :P

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 2:57 pm 
Rank This Poster

well that was fun. good try

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 4:12 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I didn't watch the Broncos much this year but I think this weekend's game was karma for using their orange jersey as their permanent home uni.

I suppose this is possible.

The last two seasons when Denver's primary home jersey was orange, they were the #1 seed in the AFC but were knocked out in a huge divisional round upset (both times losing by 3 points).

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 4:45 pm 
The Master

mray10 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I suppose this is possible.

The last two seasons when Denver's primary home jersey was orange, they were the #1 seed in the AFC but were knocked out in a huge divisional round upset (both times losing by 3 points).

Not a coincidence.

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

So anyway, the Broncos let their DBs coach go. I won't be truly happy at that position area until they draft or sign someone to give Moore some competition.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

So for the OC vacancy they just promoted Adam Gase internally. Fair enough, we can probably keep continuity there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports