The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 203  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Thu August 16, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Looks like my League of Record is back on. One of us is a holdout but it looks like the other 9 are back in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Thu August 16, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10360
Location: Space City
durdencommatyler wrote:
Looks like my League of Record is back on. One of us is a holdout but it looks like the other 9 are back in.

The first league I offered you is now closed, but I have a league with one spot open if you're interested.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Thu August 16, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22107
Location: the beach
2nd year in a row not playing..feels real good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Thu August 16, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18151
Location: Seattle, WA
doug rr wrote:
2nd year in a row not playing..feels real good


yeah, i'm starting to burn out. we haven't even gotten to our draft, and i'm starting to already dread it. i think i just don't care about football anymore, you guys.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Thu August 16, 2018 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Looks like my League of Record is back on. One of us is a holdout but it looks like the other 9 are back in.

The first league I offered you is now closed, but I have a league with one spot open if you're interested.

I appreciate that. But since my two main leagues are both a go, Imma stick with those.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Sat August 18, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2121
doug rr wrote:
2nd year in a row not playing..feels real good


It's 100x better watching the games without worrying about this shit, in my experience.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Sat August 18, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 8418
Location: Franklin, MA
My league is currently a 2 QB league that is essentially dominated by QB play. We have 1 keeper, kept in the round he was drafted the previous year. My two options are Gurley in the 3rd, or DeShaun Watson in the 8th. While Gurley seems like the obvious pick, part of me wants to keep Watson. What I’m hoping is my pick in the first round will allow to me keep Watson and draft Gurley in the 1st.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 4431
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
numbers wrote:
My league is currently a 2 QB league that is essentially dominated by QB play. We have 1 keeper, kept in the round he was drafted the previous year. My two options are Gurley in the 3rd, or DeShaun Watson in the 8th. While Gurley seems like the obvious pick, part of me wants to keep Watson. What I’m hoping is my pick in the first round will allow to me keep Watson and draft Gurley in the 1st.

That makes sense to me, given the brief description of the league.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9654
i took the last 2 years off. it was nice to take a break and just watch games again. i was invited to a league this year though and am excited for it. i plan to just be a 'casual' player this time around though.

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4953
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
My old league is having their draft on Sunday and they invited me to run the board. I'm looking forward to it, the draft party is a lot of fun and I get to just show up without a horse in the race. I'm also happy not to be playing anymore.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18151
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


i don't like keeper leagues in general, so i say do a normal draft


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


i don't like keeper leagues in general, so i say do a normal draft

Why are you anti-keeper?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18151
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


i don't like keeper leagues in general, so i say do a normal draft

Why are you anti-keeper?


i dunno, i just like to start fresh every season. just makes it more fun for our league. we do all sorts of dumb draft order contests, so it'd take some of the fun out of those if half the draft is already determined


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


i don't like keeper leagues in general, so i say do a normal draft

Why are you anti-keeper?


i dunno, i just like to start fresh every season. just makes it more fun for our league. we do all sorts of dumb draft order contests, so it'd take some of the fun out of those if half the draft is already determined

That makes sense. We just do two keepers. And, like I said, this was going to be the first year we actually "kept" anyone. I was excited to see how that affected drafting. Really, I'm slowly trying to built my league into a dynasty league. One small step at a time. :P


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18151
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


i don't like keeper leagues in general, so i say do a normal draft

Why are you anti-keeper?


i dunno, i just like to start fresh every season. just makes it more fun for our league. we do all sorts of dumb draft order contests, so it'd take some of the fun out of those if half the draft is already determined

That makes sense. We just do two keepers. And, like I said, this was going to be the first year we actually "kept" anyone. I was excited to see how that affected drafting. Really, I'm slowly trying to built my league into a dynasty league. One small step at a time. :P



You going for the Steve DeBerg > Barry Word > Christian Okoye backfield?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
My LoR became a Keeper league last year. This is supposed to be our first draft with keepers. However, two of our founders are dropping out this year.

Should we abandon the keeper thing and just do a normal redraft again?


i don't like keeper leagues in general, so i say do a normal draft

Why are you anti-keeper?


i dunno, i just like to start fresh every season. just makes it more fun for our league. we do all sorts of dumb draft order contests, so it'd take some of the fun out of those if half the draft is already determined

That makes sense. We just do two keepers. And, like I said, this was going to be the first year we actually "kept" anyone. I was excited to see how that affected drafting. Really, I'm slowly trying to built my league into a dynasty league. One small step at a time. :P



You going for the Steve DeBerg > Barry Word > Christian Okoye backfield?

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18151
Location: Seattle, WA
I have a Christian Okoye story from when we were kids that I’ll have to tell you later when I’m not on my phone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
I have a Christian Okoye story from when we were kids that I’ll have to tell you later when I’m not on my phone

I can't WAIT.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22107
Location: the beach
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
I have a Christian Okoye story from when we were kids that I’ll have to tell you later when I’m not on my phone

I can't WAIT.

i have a story too...



Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 203  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon November 12, 2018 11:02 pm