The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Wed November 01, 2017 9:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Thanks guys, on the Ajayi advice. I think I'll see if he'll bite on James White first. He's really down on Ajayi and I think I might be able to buy low. Then if not, I'll offer Martin and see what he thinks.

that would be excellent if you could swing it. Hopefully Ajayi can turn things around soon. I think he will

I'm leaning toward sticking with Davis over Funches. I've got AB, Michael Thomas, Hogan and Watkins as well.

By week 10-11 my plan is to whittle down to 4 total WR and cut either Davis or Watkins.
Hopefully Hogan heals quickly

Yeah, right now, I think I'd strongly consider Davis over Hopkins. Especially with your other WR options. Really, given Brown, Thomas and Hogan, you're probably good no matter what you do.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 1:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Who should I start: Sterling Shepard or Devante Parker?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 3:22 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:

Hmm. I want to say Shepard but i would probably watch him for a week before starting him. Great potential
Parker, if healthy, is probably the safer choice

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 3:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Hmm. I want to say Shepard but i would probably watch him for a week before starting him. Great potential
Parker, if healthy, is probably the safer choice

That's how I'm leaning as well. I've got Parker in my flex right now.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:19 pm 
Future Drummer

can't believe i am compelled to ask this, but the packers without a-aron are completely different and so far completely untrustworthy, so

jordy nelson or evan engram, 0.5 ppr

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

AndySlash wrote:
can't believe i am compelled to ask this, but the packers without a-aron are completely different and so far completely untrustworthy, so

Oof. I think I'd probably to Engram. The Giants have no one else to pass to. I think you have to play to volume and opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 4:53 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

Oof. I think I'd probably to Engram. The Giants have no one else to pass to. I think you have to play to volume and opportunity.

this speaks to your confidence in Shepard.

Stinks about Nelson. Have you considered trying to trade him?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 5:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

this speaks to your confidence in Shepard.

Stinks about Nelson. Have you considered trying to trade him?

Mostly because I'm not sure how healthy Shepard is. He's projected more points in my league but I need to see that he's healthy before I can be fully confident in him. I know Engram will have a huge target share.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 6:05 pm 
Future Drummer

i have thought of shopping nelson (and others), but it's too late for that consideration for this week at least.

my available players this week are

Darkwa, Orleans NYG RB
Ingram, Mark NOS RB
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB (R)
Crabtree, Michael OAK WR
Fuller, Will HOU WR
Nelson, Jordy GBP WR
Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR
Engram, Evan NYG TE (R)
Kelce, Travis KCC TE

i have to play 6 of these guys, so min-max 2-3 rb, 2-3 wr, and 1-2 te.

mccaffrey and ingram are givens for rb. my usual lineup for the rest has involved nelson/crabtree/kelce, and a third guy for the flex, which fuller has been lately with engram in that spot when fuller was on bye. despite knowing that fuller is going to have a relative scoring dud sooner than later, i can't NOT play him at this point, so nelson is strangely the odd man out along with engram. i couldn't fathom sitting an active and healthy jordy nelson for a tight end, but here we are.

i'm 7-1, and so i'm inclined to follow the 'if it ain't broke...' and 'don't overthink fantasy football' approaches, but the chances engram would have more consistent opportunity are maybe too hard to ignore here.

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 6:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Sanu has had a pair of good games. I wonder if you could package him and Jordy for a big upgrade...

How smart/savvy is your league? Does Nelson still have name value or are your opponents tapped in and knowledgeable?

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 6:51 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
Sanu has had a pair of good games. I wonder if you could package him and Jordy for a big upgrade...

How smart/savvy is your league? Does Nelson still have name value or are your opponents tapped in and knowledgeable?

I like where this is going

Andy, it is possible Darkwa has a big week. I don't know how confident i would be rolling him out but if he is going to breakout again it will be now...i believe

PostPosted: Thu November 02, 2017 10:27 pm 
Future Drummer

well, i guess i could take fuller out now.

in another league, i have watson and big ben. big ben is on a bye. i've used up my two roster moves for the week on acquiring alex collins and robby anderson. so no qb play for me this week. :shake:

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 12:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Man, I drafted Watson in the 8th round with the purpose of building my team around him for years. This stinks.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 11:34 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
Man, I drafted Watson in the 8th round with the purpose of building my team around him for years. This stinks.

You still can. He'll be back next year. And he'll pick up right where he left off.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:29 pm 
AnalLog

Despite the numbers he's putting up i'm still glad i didn't draft Zeke.
What a headache for a manager

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 3:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:

In my League of Record we have a rule that you can't start anyone against the Chiefs. The guy who drafted Zeke wasn't going to get to play him this week anyway. I wonder if he's pissed. This should have been one week of the suspension and he wasn't going to be available anyway. Now, he potentially has to lose him for 6 ADDITIONAL weeks. Woof.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 4:07 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:

In my League of Record we have a rule that you can't start anyone against the Chiefs. The guy who drafted Zeke wasn't going to get to play him this week anyway. I wonder if he's pissed. This should have been one week of the suspension and he wasn't going to be available anyway. Now, he potentially has to lose him for 6 ADDITIONAL weeks. Woof.

hahaha
whats the backstory on that rule? If you don't mind sharing

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 4:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:

hahaha
whats the backstory on that rule? If you don't mind sharing

We're all a bunch of Chiefs fans that get together and watch the games at this bar in NYC. Some of us really wanted to start a Fantasy Football league but others didn't want to because they didn't like ever rooting against the Chiefs for any reason. So like they didn't want to watch their team lose but be really happy that their RB1 was doing great against us. That kind of thing.

So we came up with special rules for the league to get enough serious fans to start a league. It's a 10 Team league. You can't roster any AFC West opponents at all (so, no Broncos, Raiders or Chargers players). You can only roster a maximum of 1 Chiefs player (but you don't have to roster any if you don't want), so one person can't have Hill, Kelce and Hunt or anything like that. And you can't start any player from any division against the Chiefs. So this week you can't start any Cowboys.

It makes Chiefs games so much more fun to watch and it makes the fantasy season super challenging in a fun way. There's a small buy-in that the winner gets most of. 2nd place gets their entry back. And there's a cool trophy. I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:07 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:

gardenparty wrote:
I like where this is going

Andy, it is possible Darkwa has a big week. I don't know how confident i would be rolling him out but if he is going to breakout again it will be now...i believe

the league is savvy, so no scooting through homer trades or anything. i think shopping a wr that isn't an aj green/antonio brown type is going to be tough sledding here, wrs #10-32 have less than 15 points separating them with jordy right in the middle at #19. i just picked up sano, too, so using him as some trade bait wouldn't go over too well (for lack of a better term, 'flipping' is frowned upon, but not entirely unheard of).

i think with the watson injury, i'm more inclined to take out fuller and slot engram in while we see what fuller does with his lesser talented qb.

i'm kind of high on darkwa going forward, but not ready to put him in yet. the giants have basically been a mess, so it's hard to be confident in anything there other than engram getting targets.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:08 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
It makes Chiefs games so much more fun to watch and it makes the fantasy season super challenging in a fun way.

this, i like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 302  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports