Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Fantasy Football Discussion

Tue July 16, 2013 2:39 am

I have the number one pick. My draft is in late August. So obviously AP, but just for the sake of argument, who else would I take in that spot?

Re: Fantasy Football Discussion

Tue July 16, 2013 3:27 am

I heard Tebow might get some burn this season....

Tue July 16, 2013 3:42 am

Harry Lime wrote:I have the number one pick. My draft is in late August. So obviously AP, but just for the sake of argument, who else would I take in that spot?

I think arian foster and Doug Martin are ranked 2 & 3 but i don't think you can pass up AP unless you get ridiculous points for qb or WR or something.

Thu July 18, 2013 11:42 am

anyone have interest in an RM league again?

Thu July 18, 2013 1:08 pm

doug martins 2 on my app.. hes good, but not THAT good

Thu July 18, 2013 1:22 pm

i got bugs wrote:doug martins 2 on my app.. hes good, but not THAT good

its not all about being good, its about the workload, Tampa got rid of Blount so now its Martin and a few unimpressive vets and some late round rookies to compete for touches, Martin will carry the ball a ton behind a healthy O line (which he didnt have at all last year) and he will get a bunch of dump offs because Freeman still wont check all his options, if his first option is covered then he will dump it off.

Thu July 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm 10th in a 12 team league. I figure some combination of D. Martin/A. Morris/J. Charles/CJ Spiller will be available for me there. I know my league and a few QBs will be taken ahead of me. I'll probably go RB again in the second but may take a WR as I know the top guys will be gone by time it gets back to me.
The draft is the best part of the whole fantasy season to me.

Thu July 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Last year I did mock drafts all day at work.

Thu July 18, 2013 8:08 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:Last year I did mock drafts all day at work.

not able to do them at the new job?

Thu July 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:I'm 10th in a 12 team league. I figure some combination of D. Martin/A. Morris/J. Charles/CJ Spiller will be available for me there. I know my league and a few QBs will be taken ahead of me. I'll probably go RB again in the second but may take a WR as I know the top guys will be gone by time it gets back to me.

I have never understood the love for early round QBs. Yes, they get you points, but all you need is a consistent 18-20 point weeks from guys like Romo and Big Ben.

I'd imagine at 10 you could get A. Morris or Spiller or Charles. But two of those three? Eh. Maybe. Picking a wide out you'd probably get Julio Jones or Dez Bryant on the way back? I think Lesean Mccoy will bounce back this year with Reid finally gone. A good chance you could pair him up with a C.J. Spiller

Fri July 19, 2013 2:48 am

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Ain't gonna risk it, guy.

Fri July 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:I have the number one pick. My draft is in late August. So obviously AP, but just for the sake of argument, who else would I take in that spot?

I think arian foster and Doug Martin are ranked 2 & 3 but i don't think you can pass up AP unless you get ridiculous points for qb or WR or something.

ive always been a big ray rice fan, but the kid from temple who is backing him up looked good last year. also, mccoy is gonna have a huge year, chip kelly loves running the ball.

Fri July 19, 2013 4:14 pm

warehouse wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

ive always been a big ray rice fan, but the kid from temple who is backing him up looked good last year. also, mccoy is gonna have a huge year, chip kelly loves running the ball.

im kinda hoping to get mccoy a little cheap this year and get lucky with him getting back to where he was 2 years ago.

Fri July 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:anyone have interest in an RM league again?

yes. somehow i missed last year.

Fri July 26, 2013 4:04 pm

AndySlash wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:anyone have interest in an RM league again?

yes. somehow i missed last year.

If we can get at least 8 people then we will do it again.

I can start the league when i get home Sunday

Mon July 29, 2013 4:10 am

Harry Lime wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:I'm 10th in a 12 team league. I figure some combination of D. Martin/A. Morris/J. Charles/CJ Spiller will be available for me there. I know my league and a few QBs will be taken ahead of me. I'll probably go RB again in the second but may take a WR as I know the top guys will be gone by time it gets back to me.

I have never understood the love for early round QBs. Yes, they get you points, but all you need is a consistent 18-20 point weeks from guys like Romo and Big Ben.

i took cam newton early last year and he was an absolute beast

Mon July 29, 2013 4:07 pm

With all due respect to fans of the flesh & bone Ravens team I was looking forward to picking up Dennis Pitta in the back half of the draft.

Thu August 01, 2013 9:00 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

you have a new job?

Thu August 01, 2013 9:30 pm

spike wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

you have a new job?

Yeah took a new job in March. Just heard this week there are going to be layoffs soon :| .

Tue August 06, 2013 5:02 pm

So is there an RM league?
Post a reply