The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 3:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Anyone know of a place to get a good free fantasy football cheat sheet. I always used the fantasy guru one that was available in the yahoo free draft kit, but they have changed their draft kit and its not free anymore

PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 4:24 pm 
Future Drummer

Can't you just print off Matthew Berry's sheet or anything off the websites? That's what my guys usually do.

PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 6:23 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

My draft is a week from Sunday. Honestly prepping for these is the most fun I've ever had doing homework & the draft is the best part of the whole fantasy season for me.
I've got the 10th pick in a 12 team league. I was planning going RB-RB in my first two rounds. But now I'm thinking maybe RB-WR. My thoughtline being there's only a few top shelf receivers and there's no way any one of them will circle back around while I may have a couple decent backs to choose from in the 3rd.
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 6:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Harry Lime wrote:
Can't you just print off Matthew Berry's sheet or anything off the websites? That's what my guys usually do.

im looking around for somehting that i like, but my hope is to get one that has players ranked by position and have it all fit on one page. so far espn had a pretty good one, but was curious if anyone had any favorites that i could check out.

PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 7:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
My draft is a week from Sunday. Honestly prepping for these is the most fun I've ever had doing homework & the draft is the best part of the whole fantasy season for me.
I've got the 10th pick in a 12 team league. I was planning going RB-RB in my first two rounds. But now I'm thinking maybe RB-WR. My thoughtline being there's only a few top shelf receivers and there's no way any one of them will circle back around while I may have a couple decent backs to choose from in the 3rd.
Thoughts?

Yeah around 10 you could get a CJ Spiller, Mccoy, T. Richardson or Alfred Morris. On the way back if Brees or Rodgers are not there, I'd go WR. You'll maybe get AJ Green.

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

im looking around for somehting that i like, but my hope is to get one that has players ranked by position and have it all fit on one page. so far espn had a pretty good one, but was curious if anyone had any favorites that i could check out.

I just look at yahoo and espn. You can also find them other places like sports illustrated, but really I just pick one and remember what other lists have said and you just use your good judgment.

PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 7:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Harry Lime wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Thoughts?

Yeah around 10 you could get a CJ Spiller, Mccoy, T. Richardson or Alfred Morris. On the way back if Brees or Rodgers are not there, I'd go WR. You'll maybe get AJ Green.

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

I just look at yahoo and espn. You can also find them other places like sports illustrated, but really I just pick one and remember what other lists have said and you just use your good judgment.

yeah, i dont actually use it for the rankings, just a good list of names so i can keep up with who is taken and who is available during the draft

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 2:50 am 
Future Drummer

So I have my draft on Saturday. First pick out of a 12 man draft. Yeah I'm going with AP, but in the 2nd & 3rd I'm gunning for a Chris Johnson & Cam Newton. No WRs. Risky? Yes. But come on that's like starting three RBs right there.

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 3:53 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Man Chris Johnson killed me last year, or more the combo of him and DMC, but if he falls and or goes cheap enough then i might give him a shot again, but i don't love that they have Sean green now

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 1:55 pm 
Future Drummer

Greene ain't doing shit on that team. That guy was so disappointing with the Jets the last like three seasons...

I watched Chris Johnson ruin my brother's team last year, so I know the pain that could come with it. I guess I'm swooning over his 58 yard preseason touchdown

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 4:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Harry Lime wrote:
Greene ain't doing shit on that team. That guy was so disappointing with the Jets the last like three seasons...

I watched Chris Johnson ruin my brother's team last year, so I know the pain that could come with it. I guess I'm swooning over his 58 yard preseason touchdown

And he will get a few of them this year.
Like i say, if he is available at the right price, ill give him a shot again, but he hut me last year, and also a few years ago (my fault though) i drafted deangelo Williams in like the 3rd round, and a huge Carolina fan drafted turner in the first and cj in the 2nd and decided he wanted Williams more, so he traded me for my pick of either turner or cj, i took turner and cj became cj2k, and i finished 2nd :gomez:

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 6:43 pm 
A Return To Form

For the first time in a few years, CJ1K has an offensive line. He has been on my team in my keeper league since his rookie year. While he hasn't been great the last couple of years, it is mostly because you are comparing him to his insane first 3 years. He is a surefire 2nd rounder who may put up 1st round numbers this year. Or so I hope.

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 6:49 pm 
Future Drummer

You don't have a limit on how long you can keep guys? Sheesh.

PostPosted: Sat August 17, 2013 8:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

My first draft is tonight, a bit too early for me, but one of the guys in the league has a baby duein the next 2 weeks, so we figured this was a safe time to do it.
I have no idea who Im planning on taking, its an 8 team snake style draft that we won't know draft position till right before the draft. Id love to get Doug Martin, but will probably have to be picking 3rd to get him in this one so we will see. Ill post my team this evening

PostPosted: Sat August 17, 2013 9:07 pm 
Poster of the Year

@SkitchP wrote:
Fantasy Football and fantasy sports in general have all but ruined the sports watching experience.

This is greatly exaggerated.

PostPosted: Sat August 17, 2013 9:17 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'm in two leagues for the first time. The one I normally do is an auction draft, the other is a standard snake draft.

I'm used to the auction, and have gotten pretty good at it over the last few years. I've never done a standard draft though. What do y'all do (type of draft)? If standard, do you normally pick RBs first? In my auction, I always through out someone like Tom Brady, let him go for way too much, let everyone blow their wad, then I scoop in with a lot of mid to mid-high level guys, and end up with a solid all around team (rather than a great qb, terrible rb, ok wr, etc..).

I'm curious about the standard snake style draft, and what position I should focus on for my first pick. I'm leaning towards RB, but if a great QB or WR is available, it'll be hard to pass up.

PostPosted: Sat August 17, 2013 9:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

darth_vedder wrote:
I'm in two leagues for the first time. The one I normally do is an auction draft, the other is a standard snake draft.

I'm used to the auction, and have gotten pretty good at it over the last few years. I've never done a standard draft though. What do y'all do (type of draft)? If standard, do you normally pick RBs first? In my auction, I always through out someone like Tom Brady, let him go for way too much, let everyone blow their wad, then I scoop in with a lot of mid to mid-high level guys, and end up with a solid all around team (rather than a great qb, terrible rb, ok wr, etc..).

I'm curious about the standard snake style draft, and what position I should focus on for my first pick. I'm leaning towards RB, but if a great QB or WR is available, it'll be hard to pass up.

yeah, there isnt a ton of strategy in a snake draft because you cant control it like an auction, but unless there is some crazy scoring in the league, then yes, try to get one of the top RBs first, in the league im doing tonight i usually try to get 2 RBs and 3 WRs in the first 5 rounds and then start looking at other positions, but its just an 8 team league, so that may not work in a 10 plus team league.

PostPosted: Sat August 17, 2013 9:38 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

yeah, there isnt a ton of strategy in a snake draft because you cant control it like an auction, but unless there is some crazy scoring in the league, then yes, try to get one of the top RBs first, in the league im doing tonight i usually try to get 2 RBs and 3 WRs in the first 5 rounds and then start looking at other positions, but its just an 8 team league, so that may not work in a 10 plus team league.

The standard draft is a 10 person team, so I think I'm gonna try a conservative route and try to go RB, RB, WR, QB. I feel there are more QBs to choose from then top notch RBs.

PostPosted: Sat August 17, 2013 9:39 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Is Spiller worthy of a top pick? I mean, they coaches said they are gonna use him until he pukes, so that could translate to lots of points.

PostPosted: Sun August 18, 2013 3:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Not thrilled with my draft tonight, but it should be ok, biggest problem is that RBs dried up quicker then i expected. And got stuck with no one worthy of being picked and i took a defense and a kicker way early, also managed to forget i had drafted 2 TEs already and i grabbed a 3rd.

Doug Martin
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones
Vincent Jackson
Laveon bell
Ryan Matthews
Chicago D
Tom Brady
Jermichael finley
Eric decker
Chris ivory
Jarred cook
Blair Walsh
Zac stacey
Michael Floyd
Jay cutler
Tyler eifert

We start 1qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 d, 1 k, 1 wr/RB

PostPosted: Sun August 18, 2013 5:00 pm 
Future Drummer

Holy fuck. I'd say that's a pretty decent team. How many guys are in your league, fricken 8?

My 12 man league has been together for 10 years and we all know each other well. It's tough. I took a huge gamble on Mcfadden. I need him to be healthy for me to succeed.

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K

Peyton Manning (Andy Dalton)

Adrian Peterson, Darren Mcfadden (back ups not worth mentioning :| )

Larry Fitzgerald, Eric Decker, James Jones (Anquan Boldin, Dandre Hopkins)

Jared Cook

Blair Walsh

Pitts D.

Like I said, I need rundmc to stay healthy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 302  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports