The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:09 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
Despite the numbers he's putting up i'm still glad i didn't draft Zeke.
What a headache for a manager

In my League of Record we have a rule that you can't start anyone against the Chiefs. The guy who drafted Zeke wasn't going to get to play him this week anyway. I wonder if he's pissed. This should have been one week of the suspension and he wasn't going to be available anyway. Now, he potentially has to lose him for 6 ADDITIONAL weeks. Woof.

hahaha
whats the backstory on that rule? If you don't mind sharing

We're all a bunch of Chiefs fans that get together and watch the games at this bar in NYC. Some of us really wanted to start a Fantasy Football league but others didn't want to because they didn't like ever rooting against the Chiefs for any reason. So like they didn't want to watch their team lose but be really happy that their RB1 was doing great against us. That kind of thing.

So we came up with special rules for the league to get enough serious fans to start a league. It's a 10 Team league. You can't roster any AFC West opponents at all (so, no Broncos, Raiders or Chargers players). You can only roster a maximum of 1 Chiefs player (but you don't have to roster any if you don't want), so one person can't have Hill, Kelce and Hunt or anything like that. And you can't start any player from any division against the Chiefs. So this week you can't start any Cowboys.

It makes Chiefs games so much more fun to watch and it makes the fantasy season super challenging in a fun way. There's a small buy-in that the winner gets most of. 2nd place gets their entry back. And there's a cool trophy. I like it a lot.

hahaha.
thats fantastic :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:11 pm 
AnalLog

hmm. should i drop Watkins for Funchess?
I want to believe in Sammy but Funchess is available and likely to be more reliable

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 5:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
I want to believe in Sammy but Funchess is available and likely to be more reliable

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 11:13 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:

Yes.

okay, i'm going to do that. Now watch Watkins go off though. a big fear

PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 1:18 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:

Yes.

okay, i'm going to do that. Now watch Watkins go off though. a big fear

Sure. It's always possible. Watkins is too talented NOT to go off at some point. But you can't keep holding a guy who continues to burn and disappoint so you can wait for that one big game. We're getting to far into the Fantasy season to deal with that shit. Funchess has been far more dependable and his ceiling is higher now that Benjamin is gone. Also Cam is still a better QB than Goff.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 9:46 pm 
Future Drummer

AndySlash wrote:
well, i guess i could take fuller out now.

in another league, i have watson and big ben. big ben is on a bye. i've used up my two roster moves for the week on acquiring alex collins and robby anderson. so no qb play for me this week. :shake:

i did drop fuller out and put engram in, so that worked out ok.

in that other league i mentioned above that i had watson in, i also have leonard fournette and aj green. i was able to swing a last minute trade for a qb, giving up alvin kamara for andy dalton (not a trade i wanted, obviously, but i was the one desperate), so that really stinks to have that other stuff happen with green and fournette. i put up a measley 30 points (averaging 60) against a team that put up 39, 24 of which came from dak prescott. what a shitty way to lose a game that should have been won. alas, this is fantasy football.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 2:35 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Kamara for Dalton hurts, man. That sucks. Tough break this week.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 3:09 am 
Future Drummer

yeah, it really does. i have ingram, and had picked up ivory last week, so i still don't think i'd have played him, but in normal circumstances i could have yielded a much better return. the ideal trade partner would have been with my opponent this week who has both prescott AND wentz, a shit rb situation, but who is also in my division with us both at 6-3 and wasn't about to give me any sort of help. i'm going to fall to 1-3 in the division despite having the fourth best record in the league (one division has no one above .500 going into the week), seriously hampering playoff chances/tiebreakers.

not great, bob.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 8:18 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

AndySlash wrote:
yeah, it really does. i have ingram, and had picked up ivory last week, so i still don't think i'd have played him, but in normal circumstances i could have yielded a much better return. the ideal trade partner would have been with my opponent this week who has both prescott AND wentz, a shit rb situation, but who is also in my division with us both at 6-3 and wasn't about to give me any sort of help. i'm going to fall to 1-3 in the division despite having the fourth best record in the league (one division has no one above .500 going into the week), seriously hampering playoff chances/tiebreakers.

not great, bob.

Booo. Yeah, that sucks. But chin up. Hopefully something breaks your way.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 9:07 pm 
AnalLog

I want Kamara
Wonder if could get him for Michael Thomas

Last edited by gardenparty on Tue November 07, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 9:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
I want Kamara

Me too. Badly enough that I've even toyed around with trading Kareem Hunt.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 9:19 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
I want Kamara

That's a tough one. I won't say you should do it but...ya know...you could

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 9:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
I want Kamara

That's a tough one. I won't say you should do it but...ya know...you could

I probably won't because it's keeper league made up of Chiefs fans and I think Hunt has a bright future. Also, I'm winning the league right now so I don't need to do anything desperate. But I'm tempted, for sure.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 9:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

there's a guy in my league who has been offering me weekly trade requests for Mike Evans. i usually deny them bc they are offensively bad offers. but this morning on the bus, i got my weekly request and it piqued my interest.

To him:
Mike Evans

To me:
Adrian Peterson
Kelvin Benjamin

I don't care about Benjamin, i have plenty of receivers (Hopkins, Cooks, Diggs, Corey Davis, and just picked up Dede Westbrook coming off injured reserve). Peterson is attractive, and I had actually been thinking about making a run for him. Evans is out for the next game, and they are shutting down Winston for a few weeks, leaving QB duties to Ryan Fitzpatrick. And, my running back situation isn't great or consistent (Hyde, Crowell, Javorius Allen).

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 10:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bodysnatcher wrote:
there's a guy in my league who has been offering me weekly trade requests for Mike Evans. i usually deny them bc they are offensively bad offers. but this morning on the bus, i got my weekly request and it piqued my interest.

To him:
Mike Evans

To me:
Adrian Peterson
Kelvin Benjamin

I don't care about Benjamin, i have plenty of receivers (Hopkins, Cooks, Diggs, Corey Davis, and just picked up Dede Westbrook coming off injured reserve). Peterson is attractive, and I had actually been thinking about making a run for him. Evans is out for the next game, and they are shutting down Winston for a few weeks, leaving QB duties to Ryan Fitzpatrick. And, my running back situation isn't great or consistent (Hyde, Crowell, Javorius Allen).

Thoughts?

Evans' schedule coming up is beautiful. Some juicy playoff match-ups. But Benjamin's is maybe better. Peterson's schedule is pretty rough but he's also their entire offense. Can Peterson maintain his production? He'll have the opportunity, for sure... as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Hopkins will be iffy at best with Savage. Cooks is solid. Diggs has waned a bit but has big play potential. Davis is still a huge question mark. I guess do you like Benjamin more than Evans rest of season? Are you in a PPR or 1/2 PPR league? Or standard format?

I think I like the trade, personally. But it's really what you think of Peterson's production and opportunity rest of season. But yeah I think I'd be okay with trade.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 10:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I was having a really good year, but in 4 days I lost both of my QBs(2 QB league) and I'm basically fucked now.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 10:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
I was having a really good year, but in 4 days I lost both of my QBs(2 QB league) and I'm basically fucked now.

Yeesh. Especially in a 2 QB league. Is there even anyone available? I've been able to stream with decent success all year. But we're only a 10 team league that starts 1 QB. If Goff is still out there, you should nab him.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 10:40 pm 
AnalLog

I'm thinking of trading Chris Hogan for a RB. looking like a week or two left on injury

you think i could get a Aaron Jones type guy for him or is that ridiculous thinking?
Miller? Chris Thompson?

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 11:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

Yeesh. Especially in a 2 QB league. Is there even anyone available? I've been able to stream with decent success all year. But we're only a 10 team league that starts 1 QB. If Goff is still out there, you should nab him.

Nah, in this league there's no QBs available. Some backups are even gone, I was able to get Kizer just to get by this week. I'm working on a Devante Parker/Trubisky swap, but the guy with Trubisky needs him this week to cover a bye.

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 11:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

gardenparty wrote:
I'm thinking of trading Chris Hogan for a RB. looking like a week or two left on injury

you think i could get a Aaron Jones type guy for him or is that ridiculous thinking?
Miller? Chris Thompson?

I don't think I'd trade him for Chris Thompson. I just don't think his production is sustainable. This past week might have signaled the beginning of the end for him. If you can get Aaron Jones, I'd totally do that. Lamar Miller is a decent get too but keep in mind that he was an RB2 AT BEST and usually an RB3 the last time Savage was under center.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 302  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports