The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Football Discussion
PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 3:42 pm 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
epilogue wrote:
I don't know what to do at RB. I'm going to start Robinson (unless he's ruled out unexpectedly). I picked up Jeff Wilson on a prayer. I've got D'Ernest Johnson but looks like Chubb is going to play. Should I drop Johnson in that case? Miles Sanders is just sitting on the waiver wire. But will he play?

I hate this dumb game.

I'd just quit.

:lol:

I thought Mitchell had a better chance of playing so Wilson might be a decent start actually

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 3:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
I don't know what to do at RB. I'm going to start Robinson (unless he's ruled out unexpectedly). I picked up Jeff Wilson on a prayer. I've got D'Ernest Johnson but looks like Chubb is going to play. Should I drop Johnson in that case? Miles Sanders is just sitting on the waiver wire. But will he play?

I hate this dumb game.

I'd just quit.

I thought Mitchell had a better chance of playing so Wilson might be a decent start actually

I think Wilson will be fine. Even if Mitchell plays, I think he'll be more limited than usual. Wilson feels like a low end RB2, which is fine if Robinson plays because he's a locked and loaded RB1.

It's really depth I'm worried about right now. Johnson doesn't have long term value. Once Hunt is back, he'll be forgotten. But what will he do this week as Chubb's backup? His he worth a start? Or will Chubb get all the work? When it's Chubb & Hunt both are valuable for fantasy even in the same game. Is the same true of Chubb/Johnson?

I'm thinking about dropping Johnson and picking up Miles Sanders. His fantasy playoff schedule is so juicy and the way Philly is running the ball right now, he might end up winning me weeks. Or they'll keep rolling with a rotating backfield and trust in Howard. No way to tell!

I hate this game.

PostPosted: Sat November 20, 2021 10:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Yeah, that's a tough call. I could see Sanders being the better long term play. Felton is back for Cleveland too.

I've got two flex spots (WR/TE & WR/RB) so I'm trying to decide between some combination of K. Toney, Deonte Harris, Donta Foreman, and Zack Moss.

It's a .5ppr league.

I also have to make my weekly choice of Mahomes or Brady. I'm hoping for a shootout with Mahomes & Dak, but could see Brady put up good points against NYG (bc Gronk should be back and the game is in Tampa).

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 12:11 am 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I hate this dumb game.

I'd just quit.

I think Wilson will be fine. Even if Mitchell plays, I think he'll be more limited than usual. Wilson feels like a low end RB2, which is fine if Robinson plays because he's a locked and loaded RB1.

It's really depth I'm worried about right now. Johnson doesn't have long term value. Once Hunt is back, he'll be forgotten. But what will he do this week as Chubb's backup? His he worth a start? Or will Chubb get all the work? When it's Chubb & Hunt both are valuable for fantasy even in the same game. Is the same true of Chubb/Johnson?

I'm thinking about dropping Johnson and picking up Miles Sanders. His fantasy playoff schedule is so juicy and the way Philly is running the ball right now, he might end up winning me weeks. Or they'll keep rolling with a rotating backfield and trust in Howard. No way to tell!

I hate this game.

I hear you on Chubb and Johnson. TBH I don't really know much about Philly or Miles Sanders recently.

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 3:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rashod Bateman (with Lamar playing AND without Hollywood Brown playing!) @ CHI
or
Tee Higgins @ LV

Seems the majority of experts lean Higgins. He's who I have in my flex right now. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 4:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

epilogue wrote:
or
Tee Higgins @ LV

Seems the majority of experts lean Higgins. He's who I have in my flex right now. Thoughts?

If Lamar plays I'd definitely go Bateman. Heck, without Lamar I might see Bateman having a good day. Chicago's O against the Balt. D should give Balt. some short fields.

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 4:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:
epilogue wrote:
or
Tee Higgins @ LV

If Lamar plays I'd definitely go Bateman. Heck, without Lamar I might see Bateman having a good day. Chicago's O against the Balt. D should give Balt. some short fields.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 4:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Looks like Lamar is out.... woof. I'm just gonna go with Higgins. He's had a consistent floor of 13 points for the last several weeks. I feel like I'll get something out of him. Bateman might go off but he could also disappear.

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 7:54 pm 
The Master

I should have started Murray over Tannehill, even if he doesn't play.

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 8:15 pm 
The Master

Jonathan Taylor is absolutely killing it. He might be the top pick next year.

PostPosted: Sun November 21, 2021 8:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Jonathan Taylor is absolutely killing it. He might be the top pick next year.

He's destroying my Buffalo Defense. Which was the only real bright spot on my team.

Sleeper is projecting that I have an 81% chance of winning this week. Which means I'm gonna get crushed in the late games.

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 1:22 am 
Mind Your Tanners

elliseamos wrote:
I also have to make my weekly choice of Mahomes or Brady. I'm hoping for a shootout with Mahomes & Dak, but could see Brady put up good points against NYG (bc Gronk should be back and the game is in Tampa).

I hate Mahomes even more now. This season I deliberately drafted a QB early because I figured my league mates wouldn't expect it and I didn't want to stress like I do most years. I'm usually of the mind to stream a QB. Then, after I took Mahomes there was a run on QBs, but somehow Brady lasted until the 7th or 8th, so I grabbed him hoping for a deal later on and thinking that would make Mahomes even more of a strength for me (Brady's points wouldn't be helping anybody else). Now I've got these two and have rolled with Mahomes every week accept twice and both of those weeks he's blown up and Brady has had his worst weeks. I'm never drafting a QB before the 9th/10th/11th round again. I'm probably gonna miss the playoffs and it's obviously just "fun" but man did this team of mine flop. *shrug*

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 1:53 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Don't blame Mahomes because you're bad at drafting

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:36 am 
The Master

I'm going to win this week, barely, but in the league i'm dominating Mahomes had 30 and the Pats D 29 :| .

In my other league my TE laid a goose egg, but I still may double up my opponent unless Daniel Jones has the game of his life.

And my daily team was garbage.

This is all dumb but fun, right?

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:38 am 
Mind Your Tanners

epilogue wrote:

Only blaming him for not scoring more when he's been my starter. My drafting was more likely done in by Allen Robinson & Mike Davis. If I had to really identify my mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:41 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Only blaming him for not scoring more when he's been my starter. My drafting was more likely done in by Allen Robinson & Mike Davis. If I had to really identify my mistakes.

I hope my post didn't come off as aggressive. It was meant to be funny. Obviously, as someone who has the Titanic of Fantasy Teams, I totally get what you mean. And honestly, I'm a late round QB guy, too. Drafting Kyler was the first time I've ever taken a QB in the first 5 rounds and I haven't won a goddamn game. So...

I'm 100% back on the "don't draft a QB early" bandwagon.

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:42 am 
The Master

God Allen Robinson was the worst pick. He's going to be one of those I'll never want to draft again.

I kept Mahomes this year, but yeah i'm going another direction next year. I may not keep anybody now that I think about it.

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:43 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Unless he changes teams (and even then it'll depend on where he lands) I'll ever have Allen Robinson on any of my teams ever again.

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:43 am 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I hope my post didn't come off as aggressive. It was meant to be funny. Obviously, as someone who has the Titanic of Fantasy Teams, I totally get what you mean. And honestly, I'm a late round QB guy, too. Drafting Kyler was the first time I've ever taken a QB in the first 5 rounds and I haven't won a goddamn game. So...

I'm 100% back on the "don't draft a QB early" bandwagon.

Other than the first 3 or 4 weeks Kyler has disappointed me somewhat this year. My main league's drafts tend to go quickly on QB's, so more of than not I end up trying to load up on position players and take one a little later too.

PostPosted: Mon November 22, 2021 3:44 am 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
Unless he changes teams (and even then it'll depend on where he lands) I'll ever have Allen Robinson on any of my teams ever again.

I mean even in a deep league he's not even worth a bench roster spot right now. And I drafted him in the 3rd round. Thank God I was able to trade him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 302  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports