The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 4:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

to football....

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 4:59 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
I hope Deebo is okay.

Is Jimmy G worse than Trent Dilfer?

I was thinking about Dilfer the other day and QBs who have won a Super Bowl (or two) but aren't HoFer's or even considered great. From recent memory, the only ones I can think of are:

Trent Dilfer
Joe Flacco

Only a matter of time til that Ravens D props up Lamar Jackson for a ring, too, amirite?

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:31 pm 
See you in another life, brother

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
What about Doug Williams and Mark Rypien?

Hmm. Rypien yes. I know Williams isn't in the HoF, but people generally consider him to have been pretty great, yeah?

Nah, he's in this group.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mickey wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Haha yeah every time I think about posting about what is going on with the Bucs, I think about you and the Packers. Could be a very strange season next year.

At least the Bucs have cap space, yeah?

The Packers are like 45 mil over the cap, need to resign a bunch of key guys (led by Davante Adams), and Qaaron’s already said he doesn’t want to participate in a rebuild. No idea how they figure that out.

If I understand correctly, the Bucs have about 20M in cap space if Brady returns but will need to resign or replace Godwin, Fournette, Jones, Gronk, Suh, Pierre-Paul, Jensen, and a handful of other guys. They're also probably losing at least one if not both of their coordinators. Do-able for a championship run if you've got your elite QB returning, and I think the Bucs have been smart with their drafting and their ability to pick up undervalued guys who can contribute. But if he goes and you have Blaine Gabbert running the ship you're right back to rebuild (though they'd suddenly have another 20M in cap space I guess). Will be an interesting off-season for sure.

These cap numbers don't reflect the rise in cap right? It's 20M right now with the current cap but they should have a ton more when the cap goes up this off-season, right?

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

epilogue wrote:
Mickey wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Haha yeah every time I think about posting about what is going on with the Bucs, I think about you and the Packers. Could be a very strange season next year.

The Packers are like 45 mil over the cap, need to resign a bunch of key guys (led by Davante Adams), and Qaaron’s already said he doesn’t want to participate in a rebuild. No idea how they figure that out.

If I understand correctly, the Bucs have about 20M in cap space if Brady returns but will need to resign or replace Godwin, Fournette, Jones, Gronk, Suh, Pierre-Paul, Jensen, and a handful of other guys. They're also probably losing at least one if not both of their coordinators. Do-able for a championship run if you've got your elite QB returning, and I think the Bucs have been smart with their drafting and their ability to pick up undervalued guys who can contribute. But if he goes and you have Blaine Gabbert running the ship you're right back to rebuild (though they'd suddenly have another 20M in cap space I guess). Will be an interesting off-season for sure.

These cap numbers don't reflect the rise in cap right? It's 20M right now with the current cap but they should have a ton more when the cap goes up this off-season, right?

Hmm, maybe so. To be honest I don't spend a ton of time thinking about the NFL cap situation, I just did a quick Google tour yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mickey wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Mickey wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Hmm, maybe so. To be honest I don't spend a ton of time thinking about the NFL cap situation, I just did a quick Google tour yesterday.

Gotcha. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the cap is going up by like 26M next season. But I'm also not all that versed on cap stuff. Mostly just pick up things here and there from articles and podcasts or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:38 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

epilogue wrote:
Mickey wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure. I think a good indicator of what Brady is doing will be what happens with Godwin. If he re-signs pretty quickly, (or if he signs somewhere else) I think that would indicated that he and Tom had discussions about Brady's future. Not sure why Godwin wouldn't want to stay, even on a shorter contract, if Brady would still be there. But I could also see Brady saying to him in private "hey my man, I'm seriously considering retiring, go get your big contract"

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

That would certainly help. I said it in the Bucs thread but I think you absolutely MUST bring back Godwin Jensen and JPP if Brady's returning. Probably Gronk too. I'd let Suh and the RBs walk unless they take a deal.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Mickey wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure. I think a good indicator of what Brady is doing will be what happens with Godwin. If he re-signs pretty quickly, (or if he signs somewhere else) I think that would indicated that he and Tom had discussions about Brady's future. Not sure why Godwin wouldn't want to stay, even on a shorter contract, if Brady would still be there. But I could also see Brady saying to him in private "hey my man, I'm seriously considering retiring, go get your big contract"

Yeah especially coming off a big injury, he'd be smart to take another year with a QB/system he knows and run those numbers up.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Mickey wrote:
That would certainly help. I said it in the Bucs thread but I think you absolutely MUST bring back Godwin Jensen and JPP if Brady's returning. Probably Gronk too. I'd let Suh and the RBs walk unless they take a deal.

Yeah, and with all of what I just said, Godwin may be happy with one ring and tell Tom that he's going to get his money elsewhere, and that be enough for Tom to say he's done.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Yeah, and with all of what I just said, Godwin may be happy with one ring and tell Tom that he's going to get his money elsewhere, and that be enough for Tom to say he's done.

In the unlikely case that Godwin leaves and Tom stays, do the Bucs go after a big-name WR? The lack of a WR2 really killed them yesterday, and Tyler Johnson is not going to cut it.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:45 pm 

Mickey wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Mickey wrote:

In the unlikely case that Godwin leaves and Tom stays, do the Bucs go after a big-name WR? The lack of a WR2 really killed them yesterday, and Tyler Johnson is not going to cut it.

Definitely. Tom has the ability to lure just about any name there for at least a year.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I absolutely think Brady is coming back. I'll be shocked if he hangs it up.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Gisele tho

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

What about her?

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

She's made it pretty clear she wants him to retire, no?

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 5:56 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mickey wrote:
She's made it pretty clear she wants him to retire, no?

Women, am I right?

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 6:01 pm 
The Master

Rodgers to the Steelers

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 6:09 pm 
The Master

We need Green Habit to advise us in the cap stuff. He’s wizard level.

PostPosted: Mon January 24, 2022 6:11 pm 

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Rodgers to the Steelers

Hilarious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 121  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports