The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sun June 06, 2021 6:04 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Julio Jones to Tennessee for a second round pick.
His spectacular catch in the Super Bowl should have set up a relative chip shot field goal to win a championship had Quinn & Shanahan killed the clock by running three up the middle before kicking. No, I’m not over it and haven’t cared nearly as much about sports since.

PostPosted: Sun June 06, 2021 7:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he’s got a c8ck the size of a sea lion

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun June 06, 2021 10:05 pm 
mXn

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
His spectacular catch in the Super Bowl should have set up a relative chip shot field goal to win a championship had Quinn & Shanahan killed the clock by running three up the middle before kicking. No, I’m not over it and haven’t cared nearly as much about sports since.

Sad. Poignant. Not sure how to describe this post but it definitely makes me feel something.

PostPosted: Mon June 07, 2021 6:13 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

winning (losing) isn't everything

PostPosted: Mon June 07, 2021 8:56 pm 
Rank This Poster

Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Unfortunately for the non diehard I’m not sure they’ll be a watchable football team for a few years yet.

PostPosted: Tue June 08, 2021 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Electromatic wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Unfortunately for the non diehard I’m not sure they’ll be a watchable football team for a few years yet.
That division could be wide open soon once Brady is gone, and with Brees already gone. The long term question for Atlanta is how much longer Matt Ryan lasts.

PostPosted: Wed June 09, 2021 1:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
That division could be wide open soon once Brady is gone, and with Brees already gone. The long term question for Atlanta is how much longer Matt Ryan lasts.

People really like Dan Quinn so it masks just how tactically deficient he actually is. His scheme is literally keep everything in front of you and pray something good happens. It’s usually a good remedy from the garbage Mike Nolan runs for about 1 season. With each successive decision, he was allowed to make from 2015 the team got noticeably worse. Thomas Dimitroff should have been fired in 2014. Dirk Koetter is just flat out mediocre. There’s a reason he retired. He has no ability to bend his offense to available talent and despite the available talent in Tampa and Atlanta he just is incapable of producing a running game or scoring consistency.

With that said, athleticism has never been Matt’s strength. He needs a cerebral OC that can adapt to game situations. He’s been very consistent. 4500, 28tds or so and 13 or so ints. One major issue is his propensity to be a company man and not be very demonstrative. He needs a tempo passing game and some semblance of a play action to be very effective, when he gets that he’s really good.

But the Falcons can’t run, even sort of. He’s probably going to be physically able to play well for 3-5 more years, but he’s not going to look good doing it unless Arthur Smith is good.

We’re going to be screwed into the ground at least this year and next because of how poorly the team was allowed to be operated the last 3 years. No one spent worse money for less production than Atlanta. If the team is any good it will be because Arthur Smith is a miracle worker.

PostPosted: Wed June 09, 2021 1:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

People really like Dan Quinn so it masks just how tactically deficient he actually is. His scheme is literally keep everything in front of you and pray something good happens. It’s usually a good remedy from the garbage Mike Nolan runs for about 1 season. With each successive decision, he was allowed to make from 2015 the team got noticeably worse. Thomas Dimitroff should have been fired in 2014. Dirk Koetter is just flat out mediocre. There’s a reason he retired. He has no ability to bend his offense to available talent and despite the available talent in Tampa and Atlanta he just is incapable of producing a running game or scoring consistency.

With that said, athleticism has never been Matt’s strength. He needs a cerebral OC that can adapt to game situations. He’s been very consistent. 4500, 28tds or so and 13 or so ints. One major issue is his propensity to be a company man and not be very demonstrative. He needs a tempo passing game and some semblance of a play action to be very effective, when he gets that he’s really good.

But the Falcons can’t run, even sort of. He’s probably going to be physically able to play well for 3-5 more years, but he’s not going to look good doing it unless Arthur Smith is good.

We’re going to be screwed into the ground at least this year and next because of how poorly the team was allowed to be operated the last 3 years. No one spent worse money for less production than Atlanta. If the team is any good it will be because Arthur Smith is a miracle worker.

PostPosted: Wed June 09, 2021 4:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If I've heard it once...

PostPosted: Sat July 17, 2021 4:02 am 
mXn

I would trade Russ Wilson for Justin Herbert in a heartbeat

PostPosted: Sat July 17, 2021 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Bammer wrote:
Wanting to ally with a Duck, eh?

PostPosted: Sat July 24, 2021 1:15 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Training camps open Tuesday and I don’t think I have ever cared less.

PostPosted: Sat July 24, 2021 1:21 am 
mXn

Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Wanting to ally with a Duck, eh?

Yes I’m willing to overlook his lone fault.

PostPosted: Sat July 24, 2021 2:34 am 
The Master

These motherfuckers have no problem risking their lives everytime they step on the field be it paralyzation or brain damage but they can't fucking be bothered to get vaccinated.

This fucking world, man. Geezes.

PostPosted: Mon July 26, 2021 5:51 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon July 26, 2021 8:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

That's what my people in Green Bay are saying as well, with the caveat that he will definitely want out at the end of the season, no matter what.

PostPosted: Thu July 29, 2021 3:18 pm 
The Master

quite the candid presser yesterday.

rodgers has some points, but there seems to be revisionist history when it comes to some of the teammates he listed that are no longer with the team. most of those guys were either ancient or washed up, and at the nfl level, competition is too fierce to keep a roster spot for a player just because he's a good locker room guy.

PostPosted: Thu July 29, 2021 3:20 pm 
The Master

in other news, how many times has lamar had covid now?

PostPosted: Thu July 29, 2021 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

spike wrote:
quite the candid presser yesterday.

rodgers has some points, but there seems to be revisionist history when it comes to some of the teammates he listed that are no longer with the team. most of those guys were either ancient or washed up, and at the nfl level, competition is too fierce to keep a roster spot for a player just because he's a good locker room guy.
On any individual case, Rodgers might be wrong, but on a broad level I think what irks him is that the Packers are regular sticklers on not signing players to a third contract—or even any extension if they think they’re asking for too much. Instead, they obsess over getting comp picks for those players, which also requires them to limit free agent signings to a bare minimum in order to get them.

My guess is that Rodgers would like to see the Packers not be so rigid on that process, and sometimes keep a player or go get a good free agent or two. And if so, in the broad sense he's got a point, even if he doesn’t get his way in that regard all the time.

PostPosted: Sat July 31, 2021 12:56 am 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
in other news, how many times has lamar had covid now?

Twice.

Wentz man. And things were looking up for him. Guess he'll have to sit around and count his money some more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 121  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports