Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Bring on the Minor Leagues - A MiLB Thread

Thu May 13, 2021 12:53 am

There's a special kind of fuzzy hope you feel when you watch one of your top prospects hitting dingers:

Thu May 13, 2021 1:32 am

Ugh. Have I inadvertently spawned another red sock thread?

Thu May 13, 2021 2:06 am

Trash Pandas are 2-5!

Thu May 13, 2021 2:34 am

washing machine wrote:Ugh. Have I inadvertently spawned another red sock thread?

You tell me:

Thu May 13, 2021 4:34 am

Personally I prefer AAA dingers to AA shit

Thu May 13, 2021 4:35 am

I can't wait for about 24 months of Wander Franco demolishing the majors in a Rays uniform before being traded for a handful of 17 year olds with great promise.

Thu May 13, 2021 2:14 pm

I got tickets to the WOO SOX for saturday.

Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 am

numbers wrote:I got tickets to the WOO SOX for saturday.

Are you going to trade these for some low-A tickets that won't be ready until 2024?

Fri May 14, 2021 12:47 am

Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:Ugh. Have I inadvertently spawned another red sock thread?

You tell me:

This is the Triston Casas thread now; deal with it.

Fri May 14, 2021 12:49 am

Mickey wrote:Personally I prefer AAA dingers to AA shit

You know it's a good MiLB homerun when the cameraman, who gets paid to do this, has NO IDEA where the ball is.

Mon September 20, 2021 6:19 pm

Went to a Skeeters game with the extended fam today. 5 kids under 5. Probably watched maybe one half inning of actual baseball, but it was fun as hell. My son's first baseball game.

Mon September 20, 2021 6:22 pm

There was this old man who scowled at me during the anthem, though. Couldn't figure out why for the longest time. I had my hat off, my son wasn't being screamy, everyone was respectful. Then it hit me. I had my mask on. This man and everyone around him took their masks off for the anthem. mind-blowing.

Sat January 29, 2022 10:25 pm

Very much into Sugar Land Space Cowboys, the new name for our AAA affiliate here in Houston. A bonus: my son's fresh Skeeters gear is now a collector's item.

Sat January 29, 2022 10:37 pm

washing machine wrote:There was this old man who scowled at me during the anthem, though. Couldn't figure out why for the longest time. I had my hat off, my son wasn't being screamy, everyone was respectful. Then it hit me. I had my mask on. This man and everyone around him took their masks off for the anthem. mind-blowing.

:haha: :haha: this kills me

Sun January 30, 2022 12:01 am

Do you think he's the same man who wrote this?

Sun January 30, 2022 2:26 am

washing machine wrote:Do you think he's the same man who wrote this?

That poor man.

Wed March 02, 2022 12:01 am

Hey, guys, what's going on

Wed March 02, 2022 12:08 am

go denver bears

Wed March 02, 2022 12:16 am

So, for your hometown team, which level are you most excited about this year?

For the greatest team of all time:

AAA is going to be tough at the start for most teams, I think, as the rosters will be full of nobodies to replace players on the 40-man. At least Casas is going to be there from Day 1, hitting dingers. If he really explodes, I wonder if he'll make the Sox "opening day" roster.

AA is going to be the least interesting for the Sox this year, I think, especially as the lockout continues.

All eyes in High-A are going to be on Yorke, wondering if he gets up to Portland sometime this year.

Low-A I think is the most intriguing. Lots of weight on Mayer's shoulders, but I think he doesn't have to perform this year to justify his draft pick--that comes at higher levels. Jordan and Kavadas are going to hit some light poles. I've also heard lots of good things about Eduardo Vaughan and Eddinson Paulino.

Even the complex league has some interesting players. I am excited to hear state-side reports on Jedixson Paez, Enderso Lira, and Miguel Bleis, who were all in the DSL last year.

Wed March 02, 2022 12:18 am

Didn't the Tampa minor league system all but sweep the minor league championships last year? Go Durham Bulls baby.
Post a reply