Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Minor League Baseball

Mon January 04, 2021 7:57 pm

Thanks for splitting the thread, ruddo.

Now we can get this thread to 15 pages real quick if we individually post each current Minor league team's logo, but I'm going to need Argo's help in that regard.

Re: Bring on the Minor Leagues - A MiLB Thread

Mon January 04, 2021 8:00 pm

Durham Bulls

Mon January 04, 2021 8:01 pm

On it!

Mon January 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Mon January 04, 2021 8:10 pm

I have a ton of fond (an ultimately inaccurate) memories of watching the Beaumont Golden Gators, a San Diego Padres affiliate, at Lamar University's Vincent-Beck stadium. Many big names in 80s baseball such as John Kruk, Benito Santiago, Alomars Roberto and Sandy, Ozzie Guillen, and more all wore the Golden Triangle on their cap at one point.

Trouble is, wiki tells me the Gators only played from 1983-1986. I would have been 3 at most by the time the team left town. Way too early to have vivid memories of games. No, what I'm almost certainly remembering is a conflation the iconic gator green and bright yellow merch around our house growing up as well as watching actual Lamar Cardinals games at that stadium. Definitely saw Kevin Millar play at that stadium as an LU Cardinal in '93 though.

Now my Gator cap hangs in my son's room and he asks me to put it on my head all the time. Classic pillbox style cap. A treasure.

Re: MLB

Mon January 04, 2021 8:42 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
Norris wrote:Yeah I feel bad for Lowell.

There's talk that they may be revived as a late-spring college-grad wood-bat league (so like a pre-draft showcase). We'll see.

Worcester has(had?) a team in that league, it is not even close to an equivalent. Lowell is getting screwed.

Mon January 04, 2021 8:56 pm

How it started:

How it's going:

Mon January 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Paw Sox is a better name for sure, but Woo Sox is quite the logo when taken with the name, so... a better brand over all. At least to my outsider eyes.

I know you're all pretty attached to the Paw Sox so I empathize.

Mon January 04, 2021 9:08 pm

Reid wtf

Mon January 04, 2021 9:11 pm

i miss my beloved denver bears

Mon January 04, 2021 9:14 pm

I'm just baffled that Reid thinks that stupid fucking smiley face is cooler than the polar bear.

Mon January 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Also the name Woo Sox doesn't even match up with the city. It would make more sense if they moved to Woburn.

Mon January 04, 2021 9:22 pm

sky sox the fox woo sox

Mon January 04, 2021 9:32 pm

Norris wrote:I'm just baffled that Reid thinks that stupid fucking smiley face is cooler than the polar bear.

Not "cooler" per se. It all just works together better as a whole.

That smiley is so plain. The word Woo typed out like that, no punctuation, is also pretty plain. Together it's all so tongue in cheek plain and it makes me laugh. It's the "please clap" of minor league aesthetic and I'm here for it, especially leading up to the uncertain 2021 season.

That's why it's better, but not necessarily "cooler," if you catch my drift. I just love it instantly in a so bad it's good kinda way.

Mon January 04, 2021 9:34 pm

wow

Mon January 04, 2021 9:45 pm

woo

Mon January 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Oh man. I just noticed the heart in the W. So good.

Mon January 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Woo sox? Yikes

Mon January 04, 2021 9:48 pm

Wilmington has the Sharks but I'm not sure the date of the league since COVID

Mon January 04, 2021 10:14 pm

washing machine wrote:
Norris wrote:I'm just baffled that Reid thinks that stupid fucking smiley face is cooler than the polar bear.

Not "cooler" per se. It all just works together better as a whole.

That smiley is so plain. The word Woo typed out like that, no punctuation, is also pretty plain. Together it's all so tongue in cheek plain and it makes me laugh. It's the "please clap" of minor league aesthetic and I'm here for it, especially leading up to the uncertain 2021 season.

That's why it's better, but not necessarily "cooler," if you catch my drift. I just love it instantly in a so bad it's good kinda way.

I spent the afternoon trying to find a site to help you follow the minors and this is the thanks I get?

Unfortunately, no real luck:

Post a reply